IAM Withdraws NMB Election Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
The drive is not over.

My opinion from just what I've briefly read here, this looks like a failure on the part of the IAM (with or without company interference).  Another drive organized by the IAM might result in an even bigger failure.

Reactions: 3 people
I believe the ramp drive be put on hold, until the exact reason falsified cards made it into the mix.
Not saying the IAM is responsible but, if they are, I'd want to know before I make my decision to let them in the front door or not!

Reactions: 1 person
metopower said:
For my NW freinds....Yes. They handed in cards. It was the only way they could go to work and be left alone. Wether they filled it out completely or accurately I never asked but I will.
Talked to them and they sent in acuarate cards. They knew them.  But they also said that they would have voted NO. (their emphasis not mine)

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
...Which is fine... Plenty of people that didn't sign a card would've likely voted "yes."But that's wholly different than willfully falsifying card.
Plenty of people that didn't sign a card, would have voted yes?

Thats a howler.

How about the more logical answer that if people would have signed a card, they would have. And if they didn't then that means they have no interest in IAM.

Time to pull your head out of IAM's behind Kev. Making a fool out of yourself again.

metopower said:
Talked to them and they sent in acuarate cards. They knew them.  But they also said that they would have voted NO. (their emphasis not mine)
Next time you see your friends ask them how they feel about their right to vote being taken out from under them. I'd be curious tomhear their responses.

LAX-based Delta Flight Attendants were back sitting visibility this
morning, as the campaign continues.

Union organizing is not for the faint of heart. It's grueling. It's ugly. Sometimes it's simply agonizingly unfair. But, we know that it's right.

It's right for the Delta Flight Attendants. It’s right for the Delta Ramp. It's right for Boeing South Carolina.

It's right for the middle class of our country and it's right for every employed group of people around the world who still don't have a voice.

Yesterday was a very difficult day. But, it’s not “your” fault. It’s not “our” fault. And when we say “your” and “our,” we include the IAM.

We know that after our filing, our assessments proved that an overwhelming majority of Delta employees were ready to vote YES; even Flight Attendants that DID NOT sign a card.

But what to do now?

We keep faith in our majority. Keep the faith in US...the IAM. WE are the IAM. The largest airline Union in North America. The union with the best negotiating track record amongst any Union in the industry. 

We told you about what's happening right now because we have the INTEGRITY to be honest with you.

We have put our hearts, our souls, our lives into this movement and we are not giving up. That sentiment goes for the Delta Flight Attendant leaders and the leaders at IAM headquarters.

We will figure out how to go forward with YOUR help and determination.

We believe in US. We believe in being on the right side of history. We believe that the majority will choose to be heard. We are the IAM and we are Delta Flight Attendants. We will listen, we will learn, we will take a deep breath and continue...but we WILL continue.

We will NOT be silenced.

VOICE.
In Solidarity,
Gabe Perez--DTW
Cindy Allen--MCO
Julianna Helminski--MSP
Victoria Daleo--DTW
Marianne Bicksler--SEA
Elizabeth Joyce--LAX
George McTigue--JFK
Tammy Rustad--MSP, IAM Delta Communications
Mat Trent--ATL, IAM Delta Communications
Adam Denissoff--ATL, IAM Delta Communications
Masayo Tyner--JFK, IAM Delta Communications
Angie Brewer--MSP, IAM Delta Communications

AND thousands of other activists and supporters who support attaining a Voice in our profession!

http://www.iamdelta.net/

Like I said, its not over.

Interesting, looks like a DL FA on SAFA encouraged fraud, identity theft and probably a few other things, DL FAs are going to HR and the IAM is aware of this situation.  If they can encourage computer fraud, whats stopping them from committing A-Card Fraud?

11149340_10153302458549672_2617787927012252708_n.jpg

eolesen said:
Enjoy the gloating, guys. With attitudes like that, the next card drive starts tomorrow.
I, for one. is not gloating.
I am pro union, not so much the BS handed out by the iam.
Someday I hope Delta is unionized by whomever agent they choose.
Too bad unions don't feel the same way.
JMHO,
B) xUT

700UW said:
Interesting, looks like a DL FA on SAFA encouraged fraud, identity theft and probably a few other things, DL FAs are going to HR and the IAM is aware of this situation.  If they can encourage computer fraud, whats stopping them from committing A-Card Fraud?
How very "World Class" of her...

it isn't world class at all, Kevin.

I do not at all condone fraud of any kind.

but let's keep in mind one more time that the IAM built a survey in which they wanted to use specific employee information - how creepy is that - using employee numbers which are widely known but are still the property of DL.

Your employee number doesn't have any use to anyone outside of DL; you can't use it at the grocery store, your child's school, or anywhere else. The IAM simply should not have tried to build a survey using personal information.

and it still doesn't change that the IAM is fully responsible for checking cards before they were turned in. Given that there were cards that were delivered with missing information, the responsibility fell on the IAM alone.

and700, there is nothing "unfair" about the democratic process working. You and other DL employees have been told for years that there is no interest in further unionization at DL and yet you (Collective) continue to push the IAM onto people that don't want it. the result is still the same - THE MAJORITY OF NON-PILOT DL PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO BE UNIONIZED.

IAM activists say that they triple dog double super duper checked and verified every card was super duper double dog valid when turned in.

So if that's the case how did those "valid" cards get revoked.

Sounds like typical IAM fraud. Since they have a history on forged card drives.

townpete said:
IAM activists say that they triple dog double super duper checked and verified every card was super duper double dog valid when turned in.
So if that's the case how did those "valid" cards get revoked.
Sounds like typical IAM fraud. Since they have a history on forged card drives.
Your a blatant liar, prove your accusation.

700UW said:
http://www.iamdelta.net/

Like I said, its not over.
What I can not understand is why would the flight attendants want a loser industrial union to represent them? Unions like the iam, twu and ibt all want dues money and then they throw you in the mix with all the other groups. The flight attendants and pilots have their own class and craft. They should seek representation by a flight attendants union.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts