IAM Withdraws NMB Election Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what was said there was MISSING information on many cards. It is impossible to argue that the IAM was not responsible when cards had incorrect information. Maybe some of these many phone calls was an attempt to get the missing information but the first red flag the NMB could see was the amount of black spaces.

Complaints from DL FAs that they did not ever sign a card but the IAM said they had one for them was strike two.

I'm not sure the NMB ever got to the point of actually verifying signatures given the amount of chicken scratch and blank spaces that they saw.

Kev3188 said:
...How do you know it wasn't a bunch of NoWayers or F&H henchmen sitting in a hotel room cranking them out over the course of a weekend or two?

...How do we know it was just a lack of QC at HQ?

...What is the threshold for a signature match? Has yours not changed over the years? Mine sure has...

...For cards deemed "incomplete," what was missing?

...What structural flaws (if any) exist, and how can that be remedied?

...Who hacked the IAM's survey? Will they be held accountable?

Those are just a few questions any fan of the "whole truth" should be asking.

...Speaking of hacking, you don't need that much info for a card to be valid-certainly not any extensive personal data. You would've known that if you'd ever bothered to just ask.
Kevin,
step back from the keyboard and think.

Even if anti-IAM/anti-union people were behind perhaps thousands of fraudulent cards, there were nowhere near the number of valid cards. The IAM was negligent in identifying a valid support base.

The IAM made sure that the process failed by delivering thousands of incomplete cards.

There is simply no excuse for that to have happened.

None.

the IAM shot itself in the foot and chest and head and possibly has permanently rendered itself an unviable union even if DL employees decide they need one - which they repeatedly said they do not want.

The botched cards further validate that there has yet to be a valid card drive or vote that says that DL's largest non-pilot workgroups actually want a union.

As for the IAM's botched survey, employee numbers are the property of DL. The IAM should have never even had access to that information or used it in the IAM survey.

Nonetheless, employee numbers are very commonly known. The IAM is clearly happy to gain access to DL employee information as long as it can use it for its own (mis)use

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13103724/2/union-effort-to-organize-delta-flight-attendants-takes-strange-turn.html

The withdrawal came just four days after the union charged, in a posting on the www.iamdelta.net Web site, that a flight attendant survey had been hacked.

"After an exhaustive investigation conducted by the IAM, it is apparent that last month's IAM Delta flight attendant survey was compromised," the posting said. "As the survey was launched, so was an orchestrated campaign to sabotage it. Thousands of surveys were completed without one question answered -- they were just clicked through and submitted fraudulently.

"The only way to take the survey for another person was to know their last name and employee number," the posting said. "Only persons with access to this information could do this."

The attempt at framing me as irrational is duly noted.

If I wasn't thinking, I wouldn't be calling for a full investigation all around. Too many questions from every angle. DL employees deserve to know the "whole truth."

Reactions: 5 people
Kevin,

step back and quit taking this personally.

You're a good person who chose to ally yourself with a losing organization.

The IAM screwed up on even the most basic validation process of the card drive. The IAM created a survey that was highly "hackable" and that is what happened. if the IAM was smart enough, they would have created data security elements - and then recognized that they are asking a group of people to participate in something that many do not want to do.

Admit that reality and move on.

The only thing that is irrational is trying to hold someone else responsible for the IAM's failures.

Given that the IAM and other airline labor unions have made one enormous strategic blunder after another, I'm not sure why are fixating on this moment.

Kev3188 said:
Shame you're not interested in discovering the "whole truth," but not terribly surprising, either...
Just face it YOU can't handle the truth. You have way too much invested in this. You have been advocating since the day DL purchased NW. I told you many times from the FA's that I work with and know outside of work ( and they are NW) that they signed cards just to stop being harassed by the pro Union people. I watched how they collected cards and passed out pins. It was almost like a bad night at a bar for some girl.... He just can't get the hint I'm not interested.

Reactions: 2 people
How many forged duplicate were there for them to withdrawal the election and not even call interference?

Booooooooooooooooooooooom!

Reactions: 1 person
metopower said:
Just face it YOU can't handle the truth. You have way too much invested in this. You have been advocating since the day DL purchased NW. I told you many times from the FA's that I work with and know outside of work ( and they are NW) that they signed cards just to stop being harassed by the pro Union people. I watched how they collected cards and passed out pins. It was almost like a bad night at a bar for some girl.... He just can't get the hint I'm not interested.
So your friends intentionally filled out incomplete/inaccurate cards?

townpete said:
How many forged duplicate were there for them to withdrawal the election and not even call interference?
It's my understanding that if/when people sent in more than one, they were stapled together and counted as "one."

Kev3188 said:
So your friends intentionally filled out incomplete/inaccurate cards?
For my NW freinds....Yes. They handed in cards. It was the only way they could go to work and be left alone. Wether they filled it out completely or accurately I never asked but I will.

700UW said:
The IAM isnt privy to their signatures and eligible voters name list, they get the name list after an election has been called for.

And not every IAM member is in the IAMNPF and its 105% funded, maybe you should educate yourself before you post on what process and facts are.
105% funded after they made adjustments. You forgot to add that little tidbit. Not too mention all the restrictions.

eolesen said:
Enjoy the gloating, guys. With attitudes like that, the next card drive starts tomorrow.
Generally I would agree with this statement, but in DL's case, I doubt there will be any card drives in the near future.

Kev3188 said:
The question(s) people should be asking right now is how did this happen, and what do we do to fix the system to ensure it doesn't happen again.

If I were a DL employee, I certainly would want to know what happened, whether I was pro- or anti- union.

WorldTraveler said:
oh, plz.

so the "anti-IAM" crowd filled out more than 2000 fraudulent cards so they could sink the election?

honestly?

I find it interesting that somebody like  you  - a person who was so quick to believe that AS has consultants / PR people working on creating fake stories/incidents to smear DL in the press  - would be so quick to dismiss any shenanigans in a union representation drive.

Reactions: 4 people
the IAM has to figure out for itself what went wrong.

to do so doesn't require a national investigation.

The IAM can launch its own investigation if it wants although it won't change anything past or present or future.

Not surprisingly, the same people who saw demons behind every doorknob still do.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.