IBT No Show Forum

/

I never said there are people that read that did not know there was a vote going on. I said after a fellow mechanic read this forum, it reminded him to vote. He was one of these people that puts things off to the last moment. Trust me, you do want him to vote, I had to help him vote. I had to explain what the LOA's were that he was voting on. I know this sounds bad to the regular union guys, but, there are people out here that any merger will not effect, and some of the high-timers just don't care. I hear what you are saying about the random voters, but alot of the high-timers have been asking the lower senority guys how they would like them to vote since it effects them and not the high-timers.

After seeing the final numbers, it is a good thing you got that 1 high-timer to vote.
:D

Ok tell me how LOA 8 passed??? IV talked to probily close to about 300 mechanics about this LOA and everybody said they were a NO vote on it. I haven't heard of one yes vote for this LOA, almost like our contract that we are on. Everybody says they voted NO on it but yet is passed. Anyway I'm sad to see that LOA 8 passed. Our own Tech Forums didn't want it and now AMFA is going to force them in the union. The AT TSMs should have either became tech supervisors or step down to a mechanics spot. Anyway I'm glad to see the other items passed. Take care y'all!!

The number of mechanics that voted is still pathetic. We need higher voter turn out than 69%

No, I don't have the exact number but it wasn't a land slide. When I get it I will post it on here for you. Good job to everyone!!

Found this on the teamsters airline division web site. If those numbers are correct it's 80% YES and 20% NO
I love the last sentence; " Until that time, the Teamsters will continue to provide AirTran mechanics with the superior representation they have come to expect." LOL. Yea, that was superior representation they gave in integration, what a joke. Here it is:

AirTran Mechanics Ratify Seniority Integration Agreement

June 21, 2012

Today, June 21, the IBT-represented Mechanics at AirTran Airways voted 262 to 65 in favor of ratifying a seniority integration agreement that will serve as the basis for integrating the AirTran and Southwest mechanic seniority lists as these carriers move toward total operational integration. Along with ratifying the seniority integration agreement, the AirTran mechanics also ratified, as part of the single ratification vote, a transition agreement between the IBT and Southwest/AirTran that will give them enhanced wages and benefits along with station protection at BWI and MCO.
After months of contentious negotiations, the Airtran seniority integration committee was able to satisfy the wishes of the membership and reach an agreement with the SWA mechanics that both work groups were able to ratify. While the agreement falls outside the Teamsters philosophy of straight date of hire entry into classification the committee made the decision to proceed to a vote.
The next step in the process will be a joint filing for a single carrier finding by the National Mediation Board. Upon such finding, the AirTran mechanics will transition to the Southwest agreement. Until that time, the Teamsters will continue to provide AirTran mechanics with the superior representation they have come to expect.

Found this on the teamsters airline division web site. If those numbers are correct it's 80% YES and 20% NO
I love the last sentence; " Until that time, the Teamsters will continue to provide AirTran mechanics with the superior representation they have come to expect." LOL. Yea, that was superior representation they gave in integration, what a joke. Here it is:

AirTran Mechanics Ratify Seniority Integration Agreement

June 21, 2012

Today, June 21, the IBT-represented Mechanics at AirTran Airways voted 262 to 65 in favor of ratifying a seniority integration agreement that will serve as the basis for integrating the AirTran and Southwest mechanic seniority lists as these carriers move toward total operational integration. Along with ratifying the seniority integration agreement, the AirTran mechanics also ratified, as part of the single ratification vote, a transition agreement between the IBT and Southwest/AirTran that will give them enhanced wages and benefits along with station protection at BWI and MCO.
After months of contentious negotiations, the Airtran seniority integration committee was able to satisfy the wishes of the membership and reach an agreement with the SWA mechanics that both work groups were able to ratify. While the agreement falls outside the Teamsters philosophy of straight date of hire entry into classification the committee made the decision to proceed to a vote.
The next step in the process will be a joint filing for a single carrier finding by the National Mediation Board. Upon such finding, the AirTran mechanics will transition to the Southwest agreement. Until that time, the Teamsters will continue to provide AirTran mechanics with the superior representation they have come to expect.

Yes those numbers are correct I was at the ballot count. And yes the IBT was representing us quite well until our nutless bunch of negotiators gave in and agreed to offer up the 4 year deal for a vote.

Yep, those are the numbers and it apparently was a landslide... I was told that it wasn't earlier yesterday, but wasn't told the count. Oh well, moving on. Anyone know why Sokol announced an integration date of July 16th?? No one can figure out where he got that date from.

Yes those numbers are correct I was at the ballot count. And yes the IBT was representing us quite well until our nutless bunch of negotiators gave in and agreed to offer up the 4 year deal for a vote.

I will be honest, that is why I was very vocal out here. I really didn't want to go to arbitration. I truely think we would have gotten somewhere between DOH across the board to matbe 3 yrs added at max. We had to get the AT nego comte to put pressure on the ibt to send for a vote, and it did work eventually. I will say this, we, SWA & AT mechs need to come together with the company and generate a "leagal" LOA to protect everyone at SWA as of date of merger complete, in case SWA has more intentions of buying another airline, and I think they will...

Yep, those are the numbers and it apparently was a landslide... I was told that it wasn't earlier yesterday, but wasn't told the count. Oh well, moving on. Anyone know why Sokol announced an integration date of July 16th?? No one can figure out where he got that date from.

I can only guess, but, maybe he is anticipating a smooth transition into the single carrier status. Remember he added the language to both SWA's and AT's trans agreements that all parties would file for single carrier status once this was voted in. But I can only guess... Welcome aboard to all the AT mechanics!!!

I will be honest, that is why I was very vocal out here. I really didn't want to go to arbitration. I truely think we would have gotten somewhere between DOH across the board to matbe 3 yrs added at max. We had to get the AT nego comte to put pressure on the ibt to send for a vote, and it did work eventually. I will say this, we, SWA & AT mechs need to come together with the company and generate a "leagal" LOA to protect everyone at SWA as of date of merger complete, in case SWA has more intentions of buying another airline, and I think they will...

Now that's a great idea WE need to get a letter like that so at least nobody looses anymore time.

Are you normally untruthful?

Nope. Just making a point. I always stated that we (swa mechs) had nothing to lose going to arbitration. But in fact, we may have done worse with arbitration than an agreed upon deal between the two groups.

Latest posts

Back