IBT No Show Forum

Any info on why you voted no? Besides, "I got nothing to lose."
Just wondering how others are viewing this agreement.
Thanx for voting...

That and lots of emotions.... Doesnt matter, the majority will speak, and EVERYONE, including all the hyper emotional's need to stand behind the decision, and act like men about it, not crying little school girls. WHICHEVER WAY IT GOES.

nothing cooler than an arm chair lawyer!! I voted and NO is the word of the month!! arbitration .... bring it on, i got nothing to lose. Plus i want front row seats to watch the lawyers earn my money. come on boys ... lets watch the show and maybe history ...
Deleted, not worth the ink!

That and lots of emotions.... Doesnt matter, the majority will speak, and EVERYONE, including all the hyper emotional's need to stand behind the decision, and act like men about it, not crying little school girls. WHICHEVER WAY IT GOES.

Whoa, chill out votrrro. You know we are all going to hear the no voters whine like little school girls when this is accepted. However, I do believe squidly can answer for himself. That is who the question was directed to. If you don't want to explain, that is fine, but maybe others do. I asked it to discuss it, not have a negative shouting match or anything like that.
Again squidly; Unless you don't want to, Just wondering the reasons you were voting no for this agreement.

Why do you care so much the reasoning behind his vote or for that matter anyones vote. You are obviously dying to be able to sway soneones vote but To be honest just be happy that he voted because that's a big step for us to get people to vote . If I remember correctly not many people voted on our current contract in 2008 and i was a no vote there also... Do u need to know why I voted no then too. Just be patient and in the end it really doesn't matter why people vote how they do. There are only 2 outcomes. Yes or no. You have a 50% chance of being satisfied .

Why do you care so much the reasoning behind his vote or for that matter anyones vote. You are obviously dying to be able to sway soneones vote but To be honest just be happy that he voted because that's a big step for us to get people to vote . If I remember correctly not many people voted on our current contract in 2008 and i was a no vote there also... Do u need to know why I voted no then too. Just be patient and in the end it really doesn't matter why people vote how they do. There are only 2 outcomes. Yes or no. You have a 50% chance of being satisfied .

Reasons matter a lot! Sometimes people vote on something without fully understanding what it is they are voting on. SWAMT is just trying to make sure it's not for something squidly doesn't understand from the TA. Every voter deserves to have any and all items to be voted on exlpained to them. They should also be made aware of possible outcomes if the way you vote succeeds.

For example, no one would ever vote to have their taxes increased, but politicians may disguise a tax increase with a road repair or upgrade project of some sort and they advertise it as such to sell it to those unknowing of the consequences, so those who have more details of the situation try and spread the word to make sure everyone understands, clearly, of what the outcomes could or will be. So yes, a persons reason does matter.

For example, no one would ever vote to have their taxes increased, but politicians may disguise a tax increase with a road repair or upgrade project of some sort and they advertise it as such to sell it to those unknowing of the consequences, so those who have more details of the situation try and spread the word to make sure everyone understands, clearly, of what the outcomes could or will be.

I have voted for tax increases for local schools and I don't even have children.
B) xUT

Reasons matter a lot! Sometimes people vote on something without fully understanding what it is they are voting on. SWAMT is just trying to make sure it's not for something squidly doesn't understand from the TA. Every voter deserves to have any and all items to be voted on exlpained to them. They should also be made aware of possible outcomes if the way you vote succeeds.

For example, no one would ever vote to have their taxes increased, but politicians may disguise a tax increase with a road repair or upgrade project of some sort and they advertise it as such to sell it to those unknowing of the consequences, so those who have more details of the situation try and spread the word to make sure everyone understands, clearly, of what the outcomes could or will be. So yes, a persons reason does matter.

Thanx AvTech,
You definately said it better than I would have so I will leave it at that, with only this add-on. There have been rumors out there that I have heard that actually paint a very different picture. Not going to go into all of them, but some folks were crossing the last agreement with the current agreement. Some people vote without reading a single word of what they are voting on, that's just pure stupidity...

I have voted for tax increases for local schools and I don't even have children.
B) xUT

As have I but your missing the point. You voted on something you fully understood. You knew good and well what all the consequences of a yes or no vote would mean. A lot I people still vote from the hip and don't understand what the possible outcomes could be or what they are even voting on. That's why it's important to get an understanding of why a person would vote the way they vote. Everyone on here has my reasoning. Some may see it the way I do and some may disagree, but at least my reason for voting the way I did is out there.

The example I used wasn't that great but I would rather vote better govenrment budgeting than a tax increase, I know that's off topic just giving me 2 cents on taxing.

You are assuming that all no votes which are not your way are not thought out and made with clear regard to the outcome. Did you ever think that maybe people beside you truly believe that the outcome is best with a no vote. I feel like you are basically calling people with a different opinion than yours stupid and uneducated. And my point is that voting is an individual choice each person can make and being provided with the data can choose to read it and understand it or just vote to vote. It's not your place nor mine to ask every voter why they voted how they did. Let people decide if they want to share their reasons independent of your continued hammering of posts.

Sorry, the hammering comment is directed more towards Swam(union cmmte guy)t . The guy that seems to have a comment directly promoting you every time you make a point. The one that makes me laugh " be patient with this one avtech" ..... I love that one . Keep them coming

June 21st is right around the corner guys. 9 days left until ballots close for voting. It will come very quickly just as we are nearly 1/2 way thru with 2012 already. Don't put it off any longer get those votes in.

Any predictions? On the AT side 58% to 72% (depending on MCO and BWI all other stations are good). SWA?

Back