Immature Questions on Online "Chat With Ed"

Yes,
some insight and info on the 744/777/DC9 and MD90's and
Interesting topic on talks with Schiopol concerning T4 in JFK.
So we learned something new. Could have done without
the Brett Favre discussion and the drinking question.

Agreed. That pretty much sums it up.

they also were going to keep over 2500 mechanics in a proposal I am thinking, probably would have bought out the rest of those.. who did not want to stay going forward.

No buyout was offered, IIRC.

it was a bluff, I still and will always believe that.

I don't think they would have put together the "desert academy" if they weren't that serious. Weren't there also reports of FA's being trained overseas?

As for outsourcing, let's look at what NW brought to the table for each of the 3 of us:

Ground Ops: Outsource all but MSP & DTW (that's above & below wing).

AMT's: All line stations gone. To say nothing of the huge paycut & reduction in numbers.

Inflight: Outsource Int'l flying.

PS: To anyone out there (esp the airplane geeks like me)---I think it's interesting that Delta has officially stated that they are keeping the 744s. (So much for many of the naysayers on other boards who said they'd be gone after the merger.) However, I don't follow the logic that Ed stated they are keeping them because the 787s won't be ready for a while. Doesn't the 787 hold a LOT less people?? I would think capacity would be an issue, not just fleet age. Oh well....just wondering.

It does hold less. I'm guessing the 744's are staying for their range, with some capacity being dedicated to charters.

they also were going to keep over 2500 mechanics in a proposal I am thinking, probably would have bought out the rest of those.. who did not want to stay going forward.
They had a number of AMT's (not 2500) and an amount they were willing to pay (benefits and salary) and that was all. How they arrived at that number did not matter to them. We chose to walk away from their number. 'nuff said.

They had a number of AMT's (not 2500) and an amount they were willing to pay (benefits and salary) and that was all. How they arrived at that number did not matter to them. We chose to walk away from their number. 'nuff said.
but there was a number correct?

furthermore I still recall there was a number in the 2 thousand range they were willing to keep on. The point is another poster wrote they wanted all the Mechanics gone and that just didnt seem very factual based on actually offering jobs.

No buyout was offered, IIRC.
well it more than likely was possible a buy out would have been made available.. is where I was going with that,

because that is exactly what they did with the Flight Attendants and I thought that was the right thing to do.

a buy out should have been the first thing offered and negotiated IMO.

Kev3188 said:
I don't think they would have put together the "desert academy" if they weren't that serious. Weren't there also reports of FA's being trained overseas?
didnt they write off all those "desert academy" costs in bankruptcy? yeah sure they were serious...

as far as the Flight Attendant situation it was ridiculous! I have never in all my life been under that
much stress just trying to do a job.. stuck in the middle of a Union and a Company bickering.

Again, you are having reading and/or comprehension problems, Dignity. Either that or you are intentionally trying to turn my words around. I NEVER said I "don't pay attention to them." [chats]. I SAID: I don't log in and listen to them, meaning I don't log-in while they are "live". I read the transcripts later so I can skip thru the part where they are asking our execs what kind of liquor they drink. (What's next...what type of toilet paper they use?)
As far as the idiot part. I hate to tell you this, but there are what 75,000 employees here? There's bound to be one or two who aren't firing on all cylinders, if you know what I mean.
I reserved comment on the "chat" until I actually read the transcript.

you said you do not tune into them.. but was the first one to jump on the bandwagon and start calling people idiots who participated, so no I am not having reading or comprehension problems.

(The guys that were stealing out of checked bags or working with the drug rings were my coworkers at one time too but I'm sorry I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about them.)
what does that have to do with your comments about co-workers tuning into a chat?

(oh yeah, it has nothing to do with them at all)

What does THIS have to do with the aircraft question I asked?????? :shock:
it had nothing to do with aircraft, it had to do with your comments.
as a PS just like you left while trying to change the subject.

It seems some people can just write whatever they feel regardless how insulting a comment may be to another person if for some reason it plays against their own personal opinion.

sort of like Pat when she claimed DL Flight Attendants are apathetic.. because obviously.. she insinuates they do not care about their careers by having the absolute gall to say no thank you to a union twice, while following a format that is the actual majority in a representational election.

(maybe the numbers just werent there? oh no that is just impossible, they are apathetic..)

"immature", "idiots", "apathetic"...it just never stops with some people.

right?

I reserved comment on the "chat" until I actually read the transcript.

you said you do not tune into them.. but was the first one to jump on the bandwagon and start calling people idiots who participated, so no I am not having reading or comprehension problems.

what does that have to do with your comments about co-workers tuning into a chat?

(oh yeah, it has nothing to do with them at all)

it had nothing to do with aircraft, it had to do with your comments.
as a PS just like you left while trying to change the subject.

It seems some people can just write whatever they feel regardless how insulting a comment may be to another person if for some reason it plays against their own personal opinion.

sort of like Pat when she claimed DL Flight Attendants are apathetic.. because obviously.. she insinuates they do not care about their careers by having the absolute gall to say no thank you to a union twice, while following a format that is the actual majority in a representational election.

(maybe the numbers just werent there? oh no that is just impossible, they are apathetic..)

"immature", "idiots", "apathetic"...it just never stops with some people.

right?

And you're perfect, right?? Your self-rightous air, in MY OPINION, is a major turnoff. And yes, you seem to have a lack of reading comprehension skills or maybe the inability to follow a line or flow of thought. (hint: I mentioned the baggage thieves because you admonished me for calling other DL employees idiots. They weren't only idiots but CRIMINALS as well. My point: a few employees ARE idiots or let's just say a few do and/or say idiotic things including the silliness of asking our Pres what type of liquor he drinks. Again, go back and read the title of the thread.)
I'm gonna go now. You've taken what was once an interesting board to hash out the industry and our airline in particular and turned it into the Dignity (self-righteous) show. Is it even possible for you to stay away from this board for a day? I know a week would be asking way too much.

And you're perfect, right?? Your self-rightous air, in MY OPINION, is a major turnoff. And yes, you seem to have a lack of reading comprehension skills or maybe the inability to follow a line or flow of thought. (hint: I mentioned the baggage thieves because you admonished me for calling other DL employees idiots. They weren't only idiots but CRIMINALS as well. My point: a few employees ARE idiots or let's just say a few do and/or say idiotic things including the silliness of asking our Pres what type of liquor he drinks. Again, go back and read the title of the thread.)
I'm gonna go now. You've taken what was once an interesting board to hash out the industry and our airline in particular and turned it into the Dignity (self-righteous) show. Is it even possible for you to stay away from this board for a day? I know a week would be asking way too much.
Well..

its pretty clear who has never been or will be "Miss Congeniality"!

sometimes people are not always familiar with a new format or when asking questions
in a forum chat..

so..

sometimes people will ask simple little questions such as,

"who is your favorite sports team"

just to get involved and become comfortable for the next time, sort of like breaking the ice..

sometimes its a good idea understanding.. if someone really wants an answer to a question
no matter how it is perceived, it is not a silly question.

Well..

its pretty clear who has never been or will be "Miss Congeniality"!

No, not "Miss" Congeniality, "MR" Congeniality. :D
I am actually very well-liked in my base, partly because I am a kind and patient person. But after so long, I call things as I see them and that is one of the things people like and respect about me.

sometimes people are not always familiar with a new format or when asking questions
in a forum chat..

so..

sometimes people will ask simple little questions such as,

"who is your favorite sports team"

just to get involved and become comfortable for the next time, sort of like breaking the ice..

Ok, even if that were true (which is foolish because the chat schedule was posted at least a week before and those logging-in and planning to type up a question should be prepared and use Ed's limited time WISELY), going back to the original post..WHY does the MODERATOR allow such drivel when important questions about pay/benefits and the direction of the company are ignored???

sometimes its a good idea understanding.. if someone really wants an answer to a question
no matter how it is perceived, it is not a silly question.

Say again? Are you trying to say there are no silly (stupid questions)?
OK, fine. I'll give you that. BUT there are inappropriate questions for a professional forum, IMHO.

Say again? Are you trying to say there are no silly (stupid questions)?
OK, fine. I'll give you that. BUT there are inappropriate questions for a professional forum, IMHO.
If someone really wants to know an answer to a question and they are serious about getting the answer
then no, there are no silly or stupid questions if that is the case.

If someone really wants to know an answer to a question and they are serious about getting the answer
then no, there are no silly or stupid questions if that is the case.
So if someone asked Ed, "boxers or briefs?"", it's ok by you...as long as they really want to know the answer and they are serious about getting the answer.

Latest posts