Immature Questions on Online "Chat With Ed"

It's all NW's fault no? Isn't the "new" Delta
really run by NW? That's what the AFA keeps telling me. So isn't
this the "Culture" from the NW side? Which is it?

What answer were you looking for? Delta doesn't have the power to tell you local Doctor to accept the insurance, its up to the doctor or medical group.

I think the question was for ED, not you dapoes. Well since you are a agent that can sign away for ED then tell me why the hell Delta pre-merger non-contract employees pay more in health insurance then NWA pre-merger contract employee. I too had this question of substance with the math already broken down for him to answer, but that guy who :wub: favre got all the glory.
At one point I use to think that people who ask questions and dislike company rules and movements did not care if the company sink or swim. Now I am one of those employees and realize that I really care a lot for Delta and what it stands for and not what it has become. That's why others like me ask the question they don't want to answer because we care and they just don't give a damn. TRUST ME THEY DON'T!!!!

And for those that will say "Why would they put there name on the line and ruin a company?" They will not because its in there "CONTRACT". There's language in most C.E.O. contracts which make there name immune to anything that goes wrong in the company. Just think about it, what's the first thing people say when asked "What makes a company good or bad? And without thinking, "The People of the company" (employees). Which is true, but if the C.E.O. does something like hedge fuel when he clearly stated he will focus on the economy or a bad merger so the cash cow can be milked for there friends in the future. They will blame YOU or at least that will be the preconceived notion. When GM failed, they blamed who the employees i.e. UAW. When NWA went to extremes to bust the union before they merge, who did they blame for those who lost there job? YOU!!! I hear people to this day are still saying if they didn't have a union they would still have a job? The hell that means??? YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

I think the question was for ED, not you dapoes. Well since you are a agent that can sign away for ED then tell me why the hell Delta pre-merger non-contract employees pay more in health insurance then NWA pre-merger contract employee. I too had this question of substance with the math already broken down for him to answer, but that guy who :wub: favre got all the glory.
At one point I use to think that people who ask questions and dislike company rules and movements did not care if the company sink or swim. Now I am one of those employees and realize that I really care a lot for Delta and what it stands for and not what it has become. That's why others like me ask the question they don't want to answer because we care and they just don't give a damn. TRUST ME THEY DON'T!!!!

And for those that will say "Why would they put there name on the line and ruin a company?" They will not because its in there "CONTRACT". There's language in most C.E.O. contracts which make there name immune to anything that goes wrong in the company. Just think about it, what's the first thing people say when asked "What makes a company good or bad? And without thinking, "The People of the company" (employees). Which is true, but if the C.E.O. does something like hedge fuel when he clearly stated he will focus on the economy or a bad merger so the cash cow can be milked for there friends in the future. They will blame YOU or at least that will be the preconceived notion. When GM failed, they blamed who the employees i.e. UAW. When NWA went to extremes to bust the union before they merge, who did they blame for those who lost there job? YOU!!! I hear people to this day are still saying if they didn't have a union they would still have a job? The hell that means??? YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Oh I see now, you really weren't looking for understanding rather just vent, complain, etc? Knock yourself out.

did anyone read the transcript?
Yes,
some insight and info on the 744/777/DC9 and MD90's and
Interesting topic on talks with Schiopol concerning T4 in JFK.
So we learned something new. Could have done without
the Brett Favre discussion and the drinking question.

why would they put their name on the line and ruin a company?

where are they going to go?

to me, a chat is just covering basic information in an informal setting (its just a chat), if someone is looking for answers to individual questions not covered in a "chat" they should contact that department directly Im thinking?

also those comments about NWA busting unions, well they had a perfect opportunity to bust the Flight Attendants Union but what did they do, oh yeah they sent out a letter advising us to not to do anything "wildcat" and consider our careers and when they thought we just might, got a court order to keep every single one of us on the job.

its one thing to talk, but its another thing to witness the real action.

they also were going to keep over 2500 mechanics in a proposal I am thinking, probably would have bought out the rest of those.. who did not want to stay going forward.

just like the buyout they did for the Flight Attendants reducing the ranks

(which they got more than enough to take the buyouts).

it was a bluff, I still and will always believe that.

Much of it is all about the fluff. I think branding and image are important but not when it comes to genuine concerns of your employees. I've seen these stupid questions on other chats with Ed. In fact, I believe he's been asked the one about liquor before. Why the moderator permits them is beyond me. I could care less about idiots who want to give up their salaries to pay a multi-millionaire athlete or what kind of booze our execs drink. That's why I don't log in and listen to this stuff anymore. It's pretty appalling if you think about it.
There was nothing appalling about the "chat" I read the transcript, they discussed a lot of things that I dont consider immature!

but I will tell you what I think is actually appalling, that would be the AFA insisting on a fair and democratic voting process to put them on the property.. while refusing to allow us the some opportunity to do just that at AFA while electing Leaders.

there is nothing democratic and fair about their own voting procedures at all.

(but as long as Pat is happy we all should be too?)

why would they put their name on the line and ruin a company?

where are they going to go?

to me, a chat is just covering basic information in an informal setting (its just a chat), if someone is looking for answers to individual questions not covered in a "chat" they should contact that department directly Im thinking?

also those comments about NWA busting unions, well they had a perfect opportunity to bust the Flight Attendants Union but what did they do, oh yeah they sent out a letter advising us to not to do anything "wildcat" and consider our careers and when they thought we just might, got a court order to keep every single one of us on the job.

its one thing to talk, but its another thing to witness the real action.

they also were going to keep over 2500 mechanics in a proposal I am thinking, probably would have bought out the rest of those.. who did not want to stay going forward.

just like the buyout they did for the Flight Attendants reducing the ranks

(which they got more than enough to take the buyouts).

it was a bluff, I still and will always believe that.

It wasn't the FA they were going after, it was the mtc's. They want a Delta body with a NWA brain. It favors the FA that a union will continue, but for the others its a battle. They are use to working with FA and Pilot contract, but Delta never dealt with contracts with any group except pilots and dispatchers. They will like it to stay that way, but from what I see, the FA will unionize. Ramp etc... not sure. Don't get me wrong, if FA do unionize its only a matter of time other groups go after a CBA. Where will the C.E.O go? Hell, vacation for a couple of years, to another sector, or the BANK :D

It wasn't the FA they were going after, it was the mtc's.
I remember they wanted to keep a significant number of Mechanics about 2500?

you know they would have bought the rest of them out if some didnt want to stay!

how many buyouts have been offered, even after the fact with benefits?

I lost count!

They want a Delta body with a NWA brain. It favors the FA that a union will continue, but for the others its a battle. They are use to working with FA and Pilot contract, but Delta never dealt with contracts with any group except pilots and dispatchers.
The NWA people are highly intelligent, so it continues to puzzle me why some are so convinced they are out to get us and get rid of the group to outsourcing.

It is equally puzzling to me.. why some think they always need someone to figure things out for themselves by the Union.

(half the things I have witnessed being in the Union as a member.. witnessing some of these Union "leaders" borders scatterbrained and falling for every line, but thats just a personal observation and opinion!)

They will like it to stay that way, but from what I see, the FA will unionize. Ramp etc... not sure. Don't get me wrong, if FA do unionize its only a matter of time other groups go after a CBA. Where will the C.E.O go? Hell, vacation for a couple of years, to another sector, or the BANK :D
I, too, believe the Flight Attendants have a very good chance to unionize.

(its sort of a reason why I am giving a heads up.. so when they see the grass is not greener.. they will sort of...had an idea)

There was nothing appalling about the "chat" I read the transcript, they discussed a lot of things that I dont consider immature!

but I will tell you what I think is actually appalling, that would be the AFA insisting on a fair and democratic voting process to put them on the property.. while refusing to allow us the some opportunity to do just that at AFA while electing Leaders.

there is nothing democratic and fair about their own voting procedures at all.

(but as long as Pat is happy we all should be too?)

Dignity,
Show me where I said the [entire] chat was appaling.
I SAID...the inane questions were appalling especially considering that they have been asked before and that that time could have been spent on something more productive. I appreciate these chats and have also read the transcript and there was some interesting information, particularly about the fleet.
Please stop making a federal case out of every little thing. It's so....unDIGNIfied.
Thankyou.

PS: To anyone out there (esp the airplane geeks like me)---I think it's interesting that Delta has officially stated that they are keeping the 744s. (So much for many of the naysayers on other boards who said they'd be gone after the merger.) However, I don't follow the logic that Ed stated they are keeping them because the 787s won't be ready for a while. Doesn't the 787 hold a LOT less people?? I would think capacity would be an issue, not just fleet age. Oh well....just wondering.

Dignity,
Show me where I said the [entire] chat was appaling.
I SAID...the inane questions were appalling especially considering that they have been asked before and that that time could have been spent on something more productive. I appreciate these chats and have also read the transcript and there was some interesting information, particularly about the fleet.
Please stop making a federal case out of every little thing. It's so....unDIGNIfied.
Thankyou.

obviously you did not even know what was mentioned in the chat.. because you dont pay attention to them and the
"idiots" that make those comments.

those "idiots" are your co-workers.

in case that part went over some people's head.

PS: To anyone out there (esp the airplane geeks like me)---I think it's interesting that Delta has officially stated that they are keeping the 744s. (So much for many of the naysayers on other boards who said they'd be gone after the merger.) However, I don't follow the logic that Ed stated they are keeping them because the 787s won't be ready for a while. Doesn't the 787 hold a LOT less people?? I would think capacity would be an issue, not just fleet age. Oh well....just wondering.
PS...

I can get right in the gutter with those who think they are something they are not
and remind them just that.

I dont think I am better than anyone else.

as undignified as that may seem.

Thank you.

obviously you did not even know what was mentioned in the chat.. because you dont pay attention to them and the
"idiots" that make those comments.

those "idiots" are your co-workers.

in case that part went over some people's head.

Again, you are having reading and/or comprehension problems, Dignity. Either that or you are intentionally trying to turn my words around. I NEVER said I "don't pay attention to them." [chats]. I SAID: I don't log in and listen to them, meaning I don't log-in while they are "live". I read the transcripts later so I can skip thru the part where they are asking our execs what kind of liquor they drink. (What's next...what type of toilet paper they use?)
As far as the idiot part. I hate to tell you this, but there are what 75,000 employees here? There's bound to be one or two who aren't firing on all cylinders, if you know what I mean.
(The guys that were stealing out of checked bags or working with the drug rings were my coworkers at one time too but I'm sorry I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about them.)

PS...

I can get right in the gutter with those who think they are something they are not
and remind them just that.

I dont think I am better than anyone else.

as undignified as that may seem.

What does THIS have to do with the aircraft question I asked?????? :shock: