Industry Standard Wages

$26.25 is average. The top 10% make $35.68 on average based on BLS stats

http://www.bls.gov/o...t/oes493011.htm

I assume the top 10% should be those paying 2 hours pay per month for union representation? Along with those working for major carriers?

Also included that Government Average would be the non-skilled positions that the TWU has making less than the average.

What would it be if we took out the TWU wages? LOL

Thanks for the information. I will use it.

Reactions: 1 person
$26.25 is average. The top 10% make $35.68 on average based on BLS stats

http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes493011.htm

Why isn't the average that which the TWU attorneys documented in docket #2726 of $36+ , based on the legacy carriers that the company uses for compensation comparison?

http://www.aanegotiations.com/MechanicsWages.asp

MRMaxRate.png

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting to note that Welders and Machinist in the NAICS 481100 - Scheduled Air Transportation category have a median wage of $30.32, and the Aircraft Mechanic is $27.44 with Stock Clerks at $19.12 and Facilites Maintenance at $25.11

And yet the Welders and Machinist at AA make less than the Mechanic and the Stock Clerks and above the median wage for their group.

Go figure.

http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/naics4_481100.htm

Reactions: 2 people
Why isn't the average that which the TWU attorneys documented in docket #2726 of $36+ , based on the legacy carriers that the company uses for compensation comparison?

Just as now the 40% outsource percentage has become industry standard, the wage numbers change depending on if you are defending your weak union, or attempting to advance in court.

With the TWU, it all depends on who you are talking to.

Reactions: 2 people
Among the states with the highest average wages, Tennessee topped the list and Kentucky wasn't far behind - of course, FedEx in Memphis and UPS in Louisville would account for those rankings. Alaska was near the top as well, perhaps on the strength of both FedEx and UPS in Anchorage.

Among the states with the highest average wages, Tennessee topped the list and Kentucky wasn't far behind - of course, FedEx in Memphis and UPS in Louisville would account for those rankings. Alaska was near the top as well, perhaps on the strength of both FedEx and UPS in Anchorage.
AA will not count any of the postal carriers in their calculation for the contractual compensation of the M&R group.

Informer: I don't understand how you came up with those figures when the TWU hasn't?

I assume the top 10% should be those paying 2 hours pay per month for union representation? Along with those working for major carriers?

Also included that Government Average would be the non-skilled positions that the TWU has making less than the average.

What would it be if we took out the TWU wages? LOL

Thanks for the information. I will use it.

You can also deduct 100 dollars a week that NYS requires I pay them to work here and while your at it my Real Estate taxes of 200 dollars a week. That 33.88 is more like 26.37 so I guess Im not in the top ten percent Thanks TWU

You can also deduct 100 dollars a week that NYS requires I pay them to work here and while your at it my Real Estate taxes of 200 dollars a week. That 33.88 is more like 26.37 so I guess Im not in the top ten percent Thanks TWU
Without defending anyone, any state imposed cost to a citizen employee, should be picked up by that state.

Just as now the 40% outsource percentage has become industry standard, the wage numbers change depending on if you are defending your weak union, or attempting to advance in court.

With the TWU, it all depends on who you are talking to.
The 40% industry standard was not set by the TWU. You have to look at all the other unions that set helped set that standard.

AA now has fewer unlicensed mechanics than DL and UA. And DL and UA have approximately 40% outsourcing on top of that.

The point is you have no point. If the goal is a higher average wage than why not outsource everyone but one person and pay them $1M a year with 20 holidays and ten weeks of vacation? Then the TWU could say they have the highest average wages. Then what?

The 40% industry standard was not set by the TWU. You have to look at all the other unions that set helped set that standard.

AA now has fewer unlicensed mechanics than DL and UA. And DL and UA have approximately 40% outsourcing on top of that.

The point is you have no point. If the goal is a higher average wage than why not outsource everyone but one person and pay them $1M a year with 20 holidays and ten weeks of vacation? Then the TWU could say they have the highest average wages. Then what?

As opposed to the TWU Concessions for jobs? Why not everyone work for $10 per hour and we can eliminate unemployment.

Are you counting your TWU OSM's when claiming AA has fewer unlicensed mechanics? Or this more TWU twist and spin of facts?