any other questions?

700UW said:
Comment away.

topDawg said:
well that looks to be a lav door 

and i am assuming something in the lav is inop 

hints the tape. 

any other questions?

Would a decal or a display taped across the door with something something like this be more classy?

109182-do-not-go-in-there-gif-Imgur-A-xa5U.gif

:p

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
Would a decal or a display taped across the door with something something like this be more classy?
I mean maybe, but classy doesn't work if all you have is masking tape.... 

At NWA, we used to have actual lav inoperable placards that we used for these occasions. They looked professional and worked. We would lock the door and appy. That is just tacky.

Could happen anywhere.

Glenn Quagmire said:
At NWA, we used to have actual lav inoperable placards that we used for these occasions. They looked professional and worked. We would lock the door and appy. That is just tacky.

Could happen anywhere.
the issue here is all we have is a picture

we don't know what is wrong, when it happened, where it happened

hell it could be a CR9 for all i know.

I imagine we also have a placard for it, but the station could have been out, could have been a vendor etc. etc. etc.  

• Banned
It was a pic from a DL mainline FA, I will get the details

and while you are at it, why don't you tell us why you or they really are so wrapped up about it.

Are they so full of themselves that they can't let another dept. do their job without taking to the internet to try to shame them?

the issue here is all we have is a picture

we don't know what is wrong, when it happened, where it happened

hell it could be a CR9 for all i know.

I imagine we also have a placard for it, but the station could have been out, could have been a vendor etc. etc. etc.
and it could have also been that the tape job was what was necessary to get the flight out as close to on-time as possible and the problem was taken care of at the next hub.

did the FA ask the passengers if they wanted a nice lav no-op sign or to be as close to on-time as possible?

• Banned
So professional looking maybe that will earn Richard the JD Power Award he so wants.

I am quite sure that the mechanics would have done a nice job if they had the time.

I also trust that they can make the right decision whether a pretty tape job or a more reliable flight schedule is more important.

The FA wasn't on the aircraft because it was in the hangar.

She/he was on it because it was a live flight which had the primary objective of getting the customers where they needed to be as close to schedule as possible.

dawg can tell us what DL's guidelines are for no-opping a lav but I can tell you that I watched mechanics from one airline that DL absorbed try to no op a lav on an int'l flight and the DL mechanic told him that DL did not do that. The DL mechanic fixed the lav in less than 30 minutes and the flight was dispatched with all lavs functioning.

if you want to show pictures about parts hanging off the wing in flight or right before takeoff, then the concern might have some validity.

WorldTraveler said:
I am quite sure that the mechanics would have done a nice job if they had the time.

I also trust that they can make the right decision whether a pretty tape job or a more reliable flight schedule is more important.

The FA wasn't on the aircraft because it was in the hangar.

She/he was on it because it was a live flight which had the primary objective of getting the customers where they needed to be as close to schedule as possible.

dawg can tell us what DL's guidelines are for no-opping a lav but I can tell you that I watched mechanics from one airline that DL absorbed try to no op a lav on an int'l flight and the DL mechanic told him that DL did not do that. The DL mechanic fixed the lav in less than 30 minutes and the flight was dispatched with all lavs functioning.

if you want to show pictures about parts hanging off the wing in flight or right before takeoff, then the concern might have some validity.
generally im going to bet they would take the delay to fix the lav
however this is why i asked where, AC type and all of that. 

If its a, say, BHM-ATL flight and the contractor couldn't fix the lav, then they might send it like this. 

I don't know because i don't work the line, but my guess is generally they wont send a plane out without all the lavs work unless its a weird situation. I would also bet that in mainline stations they have some kind of placard to use. I would almost bet this was done by a contractor that is basically someone to do the paperwork and send the plane back to Atlanta..... 

Lavs are MEL-able. It happens more than you out think, usually without that sort of tape job. On the DCI side I've seen CRJs where the only lav is locked out, and they go anyway...

Kev3188 said:
Lavs are MEL-able. It happens more than you out think, usually without that sort of tape job. On the DCI side I've seen CRJs where the only lav is locked out, and they go anyway...
I mean I know they can be MELed 
meh i don't work the line. If they break in the hangar we generally fix them 

DCI...well nothing shocks me there. 

Back