INVOL East F/A's Accepting AWA Training Class

Just an FYI, the new hires off the street like me that were in the canceled class will be the lowest of the lows when it comes to seniority.

East did birthday. Please NOT social! mine begins with an 8!!!!

I think we all need to get back to the TA and re-read it. WE need to find where it states there wil be (for now) 3 seniority lists! (I feel sorry for the schedulers)

From the T/A Agreement (Section II-Periods of Separate Operations)

6. America West may hire new flight attendants if all involuntarily furloughed flight attendants on the US Airways seniority list have been offered recall to US Airways or have been offered a flight attendant position at America West. New flight attendants hired during the Separate Operations will be placed by their date of hire on a third seniority list entitled “New Hire Seniority List,â€￾ will be junior to all flight attendants on the flight attendant seniority lists of America West and US Airways on the effective date of this Letter of Agreement, and will continue to be junior to those flight attendants on the integrated seniority list of America West and US Airways flight attendants.

From the T/A Agreement (Section II-Periods of Separate Operations)

6. America West may hire new flight attendants if all involuntarily furloughed flight attendants on the US Airways seniority list have been offered recall to US Airways or have been offered a flight attendant position at America West. New flight attendants hired during the Separate Operations will be placed by their date of hire on a third seniority list entitled “New Hire Seniority List,â€￾ will be junior to all flight attendants on the flight attendant seniority lists of America West and US Airways on the effective date of this Letter of Agreement, and will continue to be junior to those flight attendants on the integrated seniority list of America West and US Airways flight attendants.
Thanks K, well that should clear up all of that! Now all of that worry about DOB and SS# are out the window. You're right where you always have been and maybe now with a few more people under you. And look some fresh new faces to boot. Welcome new-hires.

Anytime! :D

Now can anyone please clarify these training dates that are circulating? Is there anyone we can call from the company that will verify this? Will there be three classes per month, only March and April, as stated earlier? I bid June, but I think anyone who bid that month should consider moving to April if at all possible. I guess it was a good thing the bid was extended.

I will tell you what I understand. There will be two classes of 50 each in March, 1 or 2 classes in April and 1 or 2 classes and June. At least that is what I have heard and understand, but I am not in any position at the company, so I could be totally wrong.

That is incorrect. I'm from '01 and they did DOB
EAST has always been DOB and at Piedmont the month of your birthday triggered whether you fell into the 5,6 or 7 thousand sequence. (This was abandoned prior to the US-PI merger in Aug'89).The PI systm was confusing even w/in your own class.

Anytime! :D

Now can anyone please clarify these training dates that are circulating? Is there anyone we can call from the company that will verify this? Will there be three classes per month, only March and April, as stated earlier? I bid June, but I think anyone who bid that month should consider moving to April if at all possible. I guess it was a good thing the bid was extended.
Yeah for real, what are the dates for the classes? On The Hub it says the first 2 are March 6th and 13th but somewhere on here someone said that they moved to 13th, 20th, and 27th. Not sure why it would be such a secret.

The training dates did just change and the first class is March 13. All classes through July are still schedule (we really do need people!)

Our classes start with 30 in order to graduate around 25.

Hope that helps.

Any word on the number of furloughes that accepted and for what months?

Yes....The June class has been canceled.
17 FA's came from MAA.
March 13...27 people
March 20...15 people
April 3.....28 people

They are trying to get 35-50 per class. The supplement will be hired "off the street"

Also heard the rumor that the company will be recalling 50 flight attendants to LGA for May. Something probably to be said after the VFLR closes in March. Just reporting not saying it is set in stone.