is it just me

Did your buddy explain to you that temporary leaves are used for short-term overstaffing and recalls are used for long-term expansion.
Are you at all familiar with Kansas City and the black-plague hub of aviation that that place became? Ask anyone from Eastern, UsAir, Braniff and Vanguard. If your hub isn't a bonifide O&D city, it will never be a decent hub, no matter where it's located.

Um were only talking less then a week and a half. Like I said the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, period.

First off I don't know what a "Pax" is! I'm a customer, not a "pax". Second as a former Sales Person I have always used the "Top Down" Method of selling. So I have written to and met with presidents and CFO's of far bigger & more profitable companies Than US Airways. Now that I teach sales I teach those same "Top Down" techniques I used before to good success.

So to answer your question I ALWAYS start at the President and work down. I don't tolerate Arrogance well and I'm getting about ready to lose what little patience I have left with US if they don't start responding.
Here it is again, we just keep screwing or most loyal customers. I'm here to apologize for this arrogance.
And there are many great employees at our airline, especially PIT that understand your frustration, believe me. And we are trying very hard to make those at the top listen.

As for Uncle Ed, I have a great deal of respect and admiration for the man. He ran a fantastic regional airline. However, when he bought PSA and PI, it was too big for him, so he bailed.

SKY High states: Ed Colodny was revered by the Business world, the airline industry and importantly, BY HIS EMPLOYEES. He took a regional airline and MADE IT INTO A MAJOR CARRIER! Under Colodny, the airline made money......a consistent PROFITS for 14 years! And, under Colodny the employees were TREATED FAIRLY AND COMPENSATED WELL. He retired, he didnt bail.
His mistake, in my opinion, He didnt control costs with the PSA and Piedmont mergers. He bought everyone up to the U contracts and costs.

Under Colodny, the airline made money......a consistent PROFITS for 14 years! And, under Colodny the employees were TREATED FAIRLY AND COMPENSATED WELL.

No offense, but with the fares you were charging in those days, there was no reason not to be profitable. The problem is the airlines were arrogant and did not listen to the biz traveler who said, rationalize your fares--fair fares. Not $98 fares, but rational fares. Now, WN moves in and US was totally unprepared to do battle. Things would be a lot different today if fares had been rationalized. The problem is no one wanted to face the impending crisis--even without knowing that oil prices would go as high as they did and that we would be hit by terrorists.

First off I don't know what a "Pax" is! I'm a customer, not a "pax". Second as a former Sales Person I have always used the "Top Down" Method of selling. So I have written to and met with presidents and CFO's of far bigger & more profitable companies Than US Airways. Now that I teach sales I teach those same "Top Down" techniques I used before to good success.

So to answer your question I ALWAYS start at the President and work down. I don't tolerate Arrogance well and I'm getting about ready to lose what little patience I have left with US if they don't start responding.
Bob, Please dont think we are being disrespectful when we use the term "Pax". In rez we nn(need) to document PNRs(reservations) and we use alot of abbreviations. This just cuts down on time and space. Most people calling in refer to themselves as a passenger on a flight. Again, just some shorthand. Regards.

Lastly, as Jimmy references above-the responses from management where we hear you but don't really care, that's basically the same response I got when I emailed Executive Management very recently.

:down:
How many other companies do you write the execs? Probably zero, why do airline pax think like this? I bet Airline exes get hundereds of letters/e-mails daily no other industry has such demanding customers! I am sure a lot of it is the Airlines fault but does anyone have any insight into why airline pax are so "entitled"? If I don't like a product/service I go away I don't stay and complain, I just don't understand all of this fuss?

WRONG on that assumption......actually I write to execs of many companies, where I spend a significant amount of money. No I won't email the CEO of Macy's if I get bad service in a store, but I don't spend many thousands of dollars every year at Macy's. I work for a worldwide company that is larger than USAirways and our customers don't think twice about contacting our CEO when they are unhappy. It makes us all the more likely to keep our customers happy to ensure this doesn't happen. Customer service is the name of the game. Start playing or get the hell out.

And in case you haven't noticed, or are really looking at things through rose colored glasses.....your best customers are going away. I don't see how hard that is for you to understand all of this fuss!!

WRONG on that assumption......actually I write to execs of many companies, where I spend a significant amount of money. No I won't email the CEO of Macy's if I get bad service in a store, but I don't spend many thousands of dollars every year at Macy's. I work for a worldwide company that is larger than USAirways and our customers don't think twice about contacting our CEO when they are unhappy. It makes us all the more likely to keep our customers happy to ensure this doesn't happen. Customer service is the name of the game. Start playing or get the hell out.

And in case you haven't noticed, or are really looking at things through rose colored glasses.....your best customers are going away. I don't see how hard that is for you to understand all of this fuss!!
Just more constant reminders of the poor service we give our best customers.
Like I've said before ther are many of us who really do care and are very frustrated by what has become the PHL phenomonen, so from those of us who care, we apologize.

Jimmy,

Believe me that your regular customers know how great you and your colleagues are, and we are very vocal that you and folks like you are the reason so many of us stuck around so long. We know that the problems are not with the front line folks, and we appreciate you all VERY much.

I just hope that they begin to LISTEN to us.

My best to you all...

Pittsburgh is spelled with an H on the end. I am from there, born and raised. But the truth is, with Philly such a short distance away, there is no need for a hub in PIT. Yes, PIT has a nice airport but the O&D traffic is not there to support a hub. PIT should have been closed down years ago. Maybe new management will finally do it.
:) JMM So sorry I missed the H in Pittsburgh, type-o on my part. Didn't mean any harm, My proof reading was off............

Jimmy,

Believe me that your regular customers know how great you and your colleagues are, and we are very vocal that you and folks like you are the reason so many of us stuck around so long. We know that the problems are not with the front line folks, and we appreciate you all VERY much.

I just hope that they begin to LISTEN to us.

My best to you all...
Thanks and hopefully together we can convince the new management to bring some connecting feed back to PIT, so our loyal customers will return again.

<_< Piney, Are you always looking for a fight. Lets see if you go to the ticket counter and you buy a ticket, I would call you a CUSTOMER,then when you board and fly on the plane, I would then call you a Pax, short for PASSENGER. By the way, in some of your post that you write I detect a little ARROGANCE on your part. You always write what you did, you know, I this, I that, me, me, me. Now, I could be wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!