JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet. **New and improved 2.0 version**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like a winning underdog rushing a field and tearing down the goal post, but I too hear more and more LAA/TWU clerks wanting to vote. They have been conditioned and have budgeted the AA healthcare cost and more and more do not want that to prevent a vote on benefits that are being offered. 10 holidays at 2.5 is a lot of money. Double in sick time etc...you get the picture. I say some because "many" still see losing deicing as a no no. I will also say that more and more DO NOT want to wait on the mechanics because they feel confident the mechanics still feel we are holding them back. That use to be the theme if you recall...Anyway, no not a overnight flip, but I do hear more voices wanting to take part in the increased benefit package and want something put out there soon to vote on. Funny thing is the IAM pension wasn't even mentioned. I'm not sure many LAA folks even know anything about it or have ever heard of it.

SO PARKER, IF YOU'RE READING, I JUST LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG!!

10 holidays at 2.5 is a lot of money.

i don't believe aa is guaranteeing 10 paid holidays for everyone - unlike how it used to be. it looks as though aa is offering 8 hrs of straight pay if you are off on any particular holiday?

the option to reject your holiday pay to get an additional 10 days off with pay has excited some people.

- how many people will end up working all 10 holidays to get 2.5xs pay? 10 paid days off is 10 guaranteed paid days.

Not like a winning underdog rushing a field and tearing down the goal post, but I too hear more and more LAA/TWU clerks wanting to vote. They have been conditioned and have budgeted the AA healthcare cost and more and more do not want that to prevent a vote on benefits that are being offered. 10 holidays at 2.5 is a lot of money. Double in sick time etc...you get the picture. I say some because "many" still see losing deicing as a no no. I will also say that more and more DO NOT want to wait on the mechanics because they feel confident the mechanics still feel we are holding them back. That use to be the theme if you recall...Anyway, no not a overnight flip, but I do hear more voices wanting to take part in the increased benefit package and want something put out there soon to vote on. Funny thing is the IAM pension wasn't even mentioned. I'm not sure many LAA folks even know anything about it or have ever heard of it.

SO PARKER, IF YOU'RE READING, I JUST LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG!!

So I guess we can add your name along with that Junior TRUTH guy on Jetnet as the second guy I’ve read who wants the deal?

Aren’t you going for that buyout I thought?

the option to reject your holiday pay to get an additional 10 days off with pay has excited some people.

Is AA proposing that be an all or nothing deal? At DL 5 of our 10 holidays can either be worked at 2.0x or at straight time with a paid day off somewhere else. The other 5 you just get a paid day off elsewhere (no option for $$$ if you work that actual holiday). I usually “collect” on a couple, and take the day(s) off on the rest.

the company flyer states "exchanged"...so, i'll assume it's all or nothing.

the lus/iam fscs currently have this, so, they'd be better to ask/answer.

i don't believe aa is guaranteeing 10 paid holidays for everyone - unlike how it used to be. it looks as though aa is offering 8 hrs of straight pay if you are off on any particular holiday?

- how many people will end up working all 10 holidays to get 2.5xs pay? 10 paid days off is 10 guaranteed paid days.
I sure as hell will, you add in the shift differential, holiday pay, and just maybe a enhancement to the 401k, and 2% per year, lets not forget the PS,
that's a yes vote for me.

So I guess we can add your name along with that Junior TRUTH guy on Jetnet as the second guy I’ve read who wants the deal?

Aren’t you going for that buyout I thought?

i wouldn't even think of making a deal. the company was mum on wages in their last flyer - directly negotiating with me.

if they are negotiating with me, i'd have just a tiny interest in wages, bonuses and PS. if PS is untouchable, then let's talk a lot more wages and bigger bonuses.

Last edited:
I sure as hell will, you add in the shift differential, holiday pay, and just maybe a enhancement to the 401k, and 2% per year,
that's a yes vote for me.

that's fine, overall, it's not enough for me. what did they promise in those videos about shift differential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back