Jones Wins, Good Prevails In The End (moore, bannon and trump lose)

In the new era of #metoo, the defeat of Judge Roy Moore validates the Democrat strategy of personal assassination. This will become the operational mode for all Liberals running for office in all future elections. Real issues and substance will be ignored and there will be no more debate. All trials will now be held in the court of Public Opinion. Due process will be a thing of the past. This is the ugly work of a True Democracy in action. A simple majority will rule and chaos will ensue. It will be the death of our Republic. #justsaying

Jesus Christ dell. How ( in God ), can you equate Judge DIDDLER, with " REAL ISSUES, and SUBSTANCE " ???? I can't remember if PA. legalized POT, but dude, I think you need a weaker strain !!!

I still Luv Ya, though bro' !

GO STEELERS !
MORE BEAR Pic's, plleeeeease ! (Maybe a SANTA Bear) ??

First time in 22 years a Democrat won in the reddest of red states is an upset.

Winning by 5-10% is an upset. This was a photo finish, and the only reason it was a photo finish is you had two rather bad candidates that neither moderates or independents were willing to support. Even without the sex allegations, Moore wasn't a very likeable or popular candidate, and if anything, the driver for Jones winning was the ability of the MSM to whip up turnout on the D side.

How many times to you think that model and approach will work in 2018? If you try to paint anyone else as a deviant, it's probably going to be written off even more than it was in Alabama.

Fuzzy math?

He won by over 20,000 votes.

Maybe election math isn't your strong point. The gap was 21,000 votes. He won by 11,000.

End result was 671,000 for Jones, and 650,000 for Moore (rounded to make math easy).

If you shift 11,000 votes away from Jones to Moore, it becomes 661,000 for Moore and 660,000 for Jones. Moore wins.

Last edited:
Actually Jones' seat isnt up for reelection till 2020.

True, and under current law, recall isn't an option.

However... Alabama is still deep red, and if Jones decides to forget that, recall isn't out of the question.

There was an initiative in 2012 to modify the state Constitution to allow recall of any elected official, but it never came to a vote in the state Senate.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/04/its_time_to_call_for_recall_in.html

I'm going to keep an eye on that space -- if state legislators are pissed off over the election results, this amendment might be brought back to life.

And, since the state's leading paper was in support of it then, it had to have some bipartisan support. I'd imagine Democrats would all shift positions when it becomes obvious why it might not serve their interest, but never underestimate a pissed off legislative body holding the majority.

I guess once the vote is certified, my question about the runoff will be answered.

The fact is that as of the last time I checked, Jones was still short of having 50%, and in a race where two people are on the ballot, that might not be good enough to certify the result depending on how you read the statutes.

There is no runoff. Not one media source nor Alabama’s SOS has made mention of it.

From what I’ve read the runoff only applies to the primary
You are correct. Back in the days when there was only the Democratic Party in Alabama, winning the primary in the Spring was guarantee that one would win the General Election in the Fall. Problem was though that all of the crackpots could get on the General election ballot and there would be one Democrat and 15-20 crackpots running for Governor )or whatever statewide office you want), for instance. which would then often require a runoff. This was an expensive proposition for the state; so, they passed a law that runoffs would apply only to the Party Primaries. General election was winner take all whether it was 50%+ or not. (I just double-checked this with a college friend who still lives in Alabama.)

Not sure how Moore lost. He used the bible and gun as props. Even threw in a hat and horse. What could possibly have happened??

He was a worse candidate than even Hillary with more baggage than the barroom yet he lost by less than 2% I’m lmao at the libs jerking each other off like this was the wave of the future. Lmao