Jones Wins, Good Prevails In The End (moore, bannon and trump lose)

Mark my words, the House will turn blue next year, but you will probably keep the Senate.

Yeah, not convinced. Winning in flyover country is the only real opportunity for the Democrats, and it's where they failed the most in 2016.

Assuming tax reform passes (which it should), favorability ratings are going to shift upward for both Congress and Trump, especially once the middle class starts to see more in their paychecks.

Likewise when people get their year-end 401K and IRA statements. Mine is up 30% since the election. That's bigly huge winning, and not something the Dems can claim credit on.

And then there's the millenials who will be freed from mandatory health insurance and its costs. Another shift the Dems can't claim as theirs.

So far, the only thing Dems have is hating Trump and one seat that they won thru 40 year old allegations.

In the meantime, they've lost three House seats and possibly a very popular Senator on sexual misconduct claims, not to mention losing a lot of the moral ground with huge DNC supporters like Matt Lauer, Winescum, and possibly now Chris Matthews (who apparently really enjoyed getting his tingles in the workplace a little too much?).

Jim, to your point about the Clintons... it's a bit ironic that it took a nutjob like Moore for mainstream media and others to finally admit that they were wrong in glossing over Clinton's misdeeds.

What I suspect will happen is that after a year of hearing about nothing but sex, people are going to be numbed. It makes for juicy headlines, but in the end, it gets tiresome and people will tune out on that and focus on other things more important to them, i.e. health care, taxes, jobs....

Yeah, not convinced. Winning in flyover country is the only real opportunity for the Democrats, and it's where they failed the most in 2016.

Assuming tax reform passes (which it should), favorability ratings are going to shift upward for both Congress and Trump, especially once the middle class starts to see more in their paychecks.
Wouldn't bet on it if I were you. Word is already out that out tax cuts are temporary while tax cuts for business and the wealthy (like Dear Leader) are permanent.

Likewise when people get their year-end 401K and IRA statements. Mine is up 30% since the election. That's bigly huge winning, and not something the Dems can claim credit on.
Neither can Dear Leader. The President, no matter who or what party, has very little effect over the stock markets except in post-election euphoria period where everyone still believes that the newly-elected will keep his campaign promises.
And then there's the millenials who will be freed from mandatory health insurance and its costs. Another shift the Dems can't claim as theirs.
I knew you would like this one. Especially since those freed from mandatory health insurance will go back to being treated at the local charity hospital emergency room paid for with increasing local tax assessments on people like you and me.

So far, the only thing Dems have is hating Trump and one seat that they won thru 40 year old allegations.
Again, the implication that 40 year old allegations on Moore and Trump are invalid due to age. One thing you forgot was to add some comment about Bill and/or Hillary where old news still is valid as pronouncements by the Pope.

In the meantime, they've lost three House seats and possibly a very popular Senator on sexual misconduct claims, not to mention losing a lot of the moral ground with huge DNC supporters like Matt Lauer, Winescum, and possibly now Chris Matthews (who apparently really enjoyed getting his tingles in the workplace a little too much?).

Jim, to your point about the Clintons... it's a bit ironic that it took a nutjob like Moore for mainstream media and others to finally admit that they were wrong in glossing over Clinton's misdeeds.
Oh, that's a new apologia for bringing up the Democratic past. Slight difference. Moore and Trump's involved unwanted sexual assault. Clinton's under the desk treat was provided by a consenting adult.

What I suspect will happen is that after a year of hearing about nothing but sex, people are going to be numbed. It makes for juicy headlines, but in the end, it gets tiresome and people will tune out on that and focus on other things more important to them, i.e. health care, taxes, jobs....

Well, there are millions of voters who by election time next year are going to turn away from sex stories and start focusing on how they are going to pay their medical bills since a big chunk of Medicare and Medicaid will disappear--despite Dear Leader's campaign promises that Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid would not be touched. Also, the millennials will need to drop out of college and start working. They have a Republican-provided $1.3 trillion national debt addition that they are going to have to pay since you and I will be either dead or in a nursing home. Smart planning. I'll just reap the benefits by default of an unpaid-for tax cut.. You don't mind sharing do you?

Of course, Dear Leader's fairy tale statement that the tax cut will result in a 6% growth in the GDP may actually come true. Let's see if that growth results in more corporate investment for the future, or in increased bonuses for the executives and slightly increased dividends for the stock holders. It's never happened before in the history of United States (neither 6% annual GDP growth nor a flurry of corporate investment in the future), but this time I'm sure will be different because Donald Trump, one of history's greatest liars, said so..

Last edited:
Some of you sure like to make a lot of predictions.
Interesting considering how bad some of your predictions over the past 18 months have been.

Oh gulf coast I figure there’s a better chance a guy in Brazil will take your job before a powerstow takes mine .I sincerely hope that is not the case but if it does you can thank your democrat backing union and some of your co workers for that.

Jim, oh, where to start...

I knew you would like this one. Especially since those freed from mandatory health insurance will go back to being treated at the local charity hospital emergency room paid for with increasing local tax assessments on people like you and me.

The millennials that drop mandatory insurance are by and large not using the system today. They're healthy 27+ year olds who aren't getting employer funded health care, and didn't want to be insured in the first place...

The people using emergency rooms and charity hospitals weren't buying Obamacare sponsored plans even with subsidies -- those who are using emergency rooms were and still are covered under Medicare, and thus have no incentive for those folks not to use the emergency room.

Oh, that's a new apologia for bringing up the Democratic past. Slight difference. Moore and Trump's involved unwanted sexual assault. Clinton's under the desk treat was provided by a consenting adult.

So, the unwanted advances on Paula Jones, Juanita Broadderick, and Kathleen Wiley were OK?

So, the unwanted advances on Paula Jones, Juanita Broadderick, and Kathleen Wiley were OK?
No one in Congress cared about them. The members of Congress were furious over the fact that a man their age could still get head from a twenty year old free of charge.

The millennials that drop mandatory insurance are by and large not using the system today. They're healthy 27+ year olds who aren't getting employer funded health care, and didn't want to be insured in the first place...

The people using emergency rooms and charity hospitals weren't buying Obamacare sponsored plans even with subsidies -- those who are using emergency rooms were and still are covered under Medicare, and thus have no incentive for those folks not to use the emergency room.

Given that insurance companies are posting almost a billion dollars quarterly profits for every quarter this year, I believe that the drop in "individual mandate" insurance holders, however minuscule, will be used to justify more hikes in Insurance premiums, since the people making the claims will still have their insurance. They can blame Obamacare because those clever republicans never had any intention of getting rid of it, like they told their flyover state masses they would, because it's too good of a political tool to use. One has to wonder at what point the flyover folks will start asking "I elected you to get rid of Obamacare...how come it's still here?". Because here in bright red Kansas, they didn't promise to "replace" anything...they only promised to repeal - but not a single republican had the cojones to introduce a straight repeal...only some cockamamie "replacement" plan that was worked on for 30 days (even though they had 7 years to work on one). And THOSE didn't pass because some republicans saw that the replacement was WORSE than Obamacare.

Medicare WILL be changed. So will Social Security. I'm hoping they don't bend me over since I hope to retire in 2 years, but one never knows. A lot of "flyover state" dwellers ARE on Medicare, and they don't give a rats ass about what MY kid will have when she reaches her "golden years" in about 50 years....they take the good republican stance of "I've got mine". If there are changes and cuts to Medicare, let's make America great again and have those cuts impact EVERYBODY...even the geezers who already have theirs and could care less what cuts do to someone else. Let THEM put a little skin in the game. Try that and the map will turn bright blue.

The tax cuts and job growth...Didn't I hear the dear leader proudly point to the low unemployment numbers? If the growth of the economy doubles, where will we find people to fill those jobs? Mexico? But I'm not too concerned about having too many jobs and too few workers because I don't think any of the corporate tax cuts will be used to "create jobs". While many on the right like to say that "corporations don't pay tax - it's passed on to the consumer", I got a funny feeling that this tax CUT will NOT be passed on to consumers. Or employees. It will be passed on to "shareholders".

As far as Paula Jones and Juantita Broderick... will republicans be running against Clinton in 2100?

Some of you sure like to make a lot of predictions.
Interesting considering how bad some of your predictions over the past 18 months have been.

Oh gulf coast I figure there’s a better chance a guy in Brazil will take your job before a powerstow takes mine .I sincerely hope that is not the case but if it does you can thank your democrat backing union and some of your co workers for that.

What alternate reality are you living in? The TWU is fighting the outsourcing. I have not heard much from the IAM about it, but we have been out picketing. And I know it really sucks to see the party you voted for offer your employer money to replace you with a powerstow. You can read all about it in the new tax plan. republicans want to pay your employer to replace you with a machine. It's not your union, it's not your co-workers (unless they vote gop) it is trump and his ilk who said that he would help you. Now you know he meant help you to the unemployment line.

http://www.newsweek.com/tax-plan-robots-jobs-senate-republicans-712930

No they were not ok and neither is your double-standard. It is hypocritical at best. Clinton was impeached, now it's trump's turn.

If you do a count, I think you will find more elected officials who are republicans with harassment issues than Democrats. Their is really no need to bring up Weinstein here. He is not an elected official and he was fired. Most of the politicians involved are stepping down. trump should also and he would if he were a man of honor, but of course he is not. He is crazy and most of the other negative things people say about him. He is a stain on our country not to mention the republican party. At least Reagan and the Bushes I think had some morals. trump has none and probably will be impeached. I am not a fan of Pence but at least he is not crazy.

" J O B S ", ..Riiiiight Eric !

WHAT KIND OF JOBS ERIC ? Classic GOP Minimum wage jobs, ERIC ?

Did I hear you say Good Middle Class Jobs with BENEFITS, ERIC ?????

Naw, I Didn't think so !!!!!!!

No one in Congress cared about them. The members of Congress were furious over the fact that a man their age could still get head from a twenty year old free of charge.

Yep, and I was one of the people at the time who also dismissed it, but now I have a daughter who is the same age Monica was at the time, which tends to change my perception quite a bit.

Bringing up impeachment is interesting, but remember he was impeached for lying to the grand jury and for obstructing justice, not for having a sexual encounter in the workplace with someone half his age.

Yep, and I was one of the people at the time who also dismissed it, but now I have a daughter who is th
e same age Monica was at the time, which tends to change my perception quite a bit.

Bringing up impeachment is interesting, but remember he was impeached for lying to the grand jury and for obstructing justice, not for having a sexual encounter in the workplace with someone half his age.

I was never much of a helicopter parent, but when my daughter turned 21, she was free to make whatever decisions she wanted when she was 22. Good or bad. She was what we call "an adult". And what Monica did with Bill is what a lot of 22 year old girls do on college campuses on a fairly regular basis. Don't necessarily like to think about it, but it DOES happen.

And yes indeed, Clinton was impeached for lying in front of a grand jury, but could you tell me what he lied ABOUT? Extra credit if you can tell me how that had anything to do with a real estate deal that occurred when Monica was 9 years old and 3,000 miles away? Remember...that is what the "special prosecutor" was impaneled to investigate. Oh yes,..it had NOTHING to do with that. But here's the thing....if the dear leader can't control his tweeter fetish, he may be setting himself up for a defamation of character lawsuit, where he can be called before a grand jury and questioned about puzzy grabbing. Might he lie too?

Yep, and I was one of the people at the time who also dismissed it, but now I have a daughter who is the same age Monica was at the time, which tends to change my perception quite a bit.

Oh, so only Bill's misdeeds make you take a second look at Bill's behaviour, But, Roy Moore's alleged sexual activities with underage girls (should "underage" be all caps since one of them was 14 years old at the time?) is a "why didn't they come forward earlier" issue. Isn't that just a touch hypocritical? One of my uncle's (who has gone to glory some years ago) was a big dog in Gadsden, Al. When I asked my relatives who still live there about the charges their response was that they didn't know any detail, but knowing Roy Moore they were not at all surprised. You know as well as I do that Roy Moore is (as they used to say in Alabama) "guilty as sin."

What alternate reality are you living in? The TWU is fighting the outsourcing. I have not heard much from the IAM about it, but we have been out picketing. And I know it really sucks to see the party you voted for offer your employer money to replace you with a powerstow. You can read all about it in the new tax plan. republicans want to pay your employer to replace you with a machine. It's not your union, it's not your co-workers (unless they vote gop) it is trump and his ilk who said that he would help you. Now you know he meant help you to the unemployment line.

http://www.newsweek.com/tax-plan-robots-jobs-senate-republicans-712930

Nice opinion article written by a liberal,I’m sure that if I cared enough to argue with you which I don’t. I could find an article contradicting everything in that one.
I got news for you AA was buying powerstows before any tax bill introductions.
Btw do you think AA spent millions on that place in Brazil not to use it? All the TWU will care about is dues count weather it comes from you or an increase in part timers doesn’t matter to them.
I’m glad we have unions at AA but I don’t consider them overlords and run out to vote for who they tell me like you.
Hell here in N.C. they told us to run out and vote for a guy in a state election where everyone with a brain knew he was a crook going to prison which he later did.
Sorry dude you’re just the typical liberal who thinks they know everything and know what’s best for everyone
Have a merry Christmas

Oh, so only Bill's misdeeds make you take a second look at Bill's behaviour, But, Roy Moore's alleged sexual activities with underage girls (should "underage" be all caps since one of them was 14 years old at the time?) is a "why didn't they come forward earlier" issue. Isn't that just a touch hypocritical? One of my uncle's (who has gone to glory some years ago) was a big dog in Gadsden, Al. When I asked my relatives who still live there about the charges their response was that they didn't know any detail, but knowing Roy Moore they were not at all surprised. You know as well as I do that Roy Moore is (as they used to say in Alabama) "guilty as sin."

Nice deflection. There are allegations, there are rumors that your kinfolk might not be surprised about, and then there's something called the burden of proof. I've said enough on that in other threads, it's really not worth arguing about it again here.

Back