Jumpset Hospitality

I would have never even considered denying the JS to anybody who could legally ride it. It's a courtesy, and if i can extend it, I will......BUT, Just who in the he11 do you blu guys think you are to critisize someone else for not giving you FREE stuff? and the UAL guys don't even ask you to clean the cabin after a ride. Then Boomer has the gall to make a snide comment about the very union that is telling it's guys that they should always offer him a seat? Unbelievable. If you want to be sure of making it to work on time MOVE. The pay is so good at Blu, you should be able to line up quite a place in Manhatten. the jumpseat is a PRIVELEDGE not a right. It is NOT quid pro quo. Maybe a few blu guys have been mouthing off about how great it would be if UAL folded. Nah, they'd never do something like that..... :rolleyes:

Jetblue sucks. Back in the days when real pilots were hired you guys had to go to the 2nd tier airlines. I don't want to hear one thing from you guys. No comebacks nothing got it...nothing. The legacies built the system today not your little puke airline with no frills. Start paying for your airbus' and we'll see who is in the hurt locker.

"Who do you think put you in Chap 11, Who's driving our salaries down, I to have a hard time giving a ride to SWA , Airtran and Jet blue, when they want you and me on the street."

Please, grow up!

"Jetblue sucks. Back in the days when real pilots were hired you guys had to go to the 2nd tier airlines. I don't want to hear one thing from you guys. No comebacks nothing got it...nothing. The legacies built the system today not your little puke airline with no frills. Start paying for your airbus' and we'll see who is in the hurt locker".

Yes, because there are no pilots at jetblue from the "real airlines" like AA, DL, NWA.

Tell you what, whatever carrier you work for, you should push to rescind the jumpseat privileges for jetblue and make it official, that way, we can return the favour and all will be well. Sounds fair to me!
But unless you actually make it official, there is no way in h#ll that I am going to deny a UAL pilot/FA or any other airlines commuter.

If you feel so strongly about, deny me the jumpseat, but be a man and own up to it!

Busdrvr et al:

I don't consider the jumpseat "free stuff". It is a professional courtesy. Always has been, always will be. Don't even think of telling me that the jumpseat is ALPA. If it were ALPA, then Airtran, JBLU, LUV and others wouldn't have it right? Remember when DAL pilots couldn't ride their own jumpseat, let alone give someone else a ride? I do. And noone ever denied a DAL pilot because they couldn't reciprocate.....why? Because it is a courtesy!

You are correct.....it is a priviledge. Therefore, professional behavior is the rule of the day. If a JBLU pilot is not being professional, let the committee know.

When I was at USAir, I gave a UAL pilot a J/S ride during the proposed "merger." He was an ass from the get go. He still got a ride. He got an earful too, but he still got home. Why? He broke a rule of jumpseating in that he was acting in an unprofessional manner.

Cleaning the aircraft is NOT required. They do it because they want to. They do it because they appreciate the ride. It is their way of saying "thank you."

As far as their being a list, that is a moot point. The guys that are willing to deny jumpseats are not commuters....because if they were the thought would never cross their minds.

Real airline pilots? You're kidding right? I'll bet over half the JBLU group is furloughed real airline pilots. Just trying to make a living in their chosen profession, just like you. The JBLU pilots don't sit in crew rooms and pray for the demise of one airline job. In fact, I hear just the opposite. Most of us have been in the barrel before. It isn't anything new, this is just a rewind of the past.

A final question....is it the union or the pay? Many ALPA carriers are not high paying airlines and some non-ALPA carriers pay just as much. The argument doesn't hold water.

Flame away!

Boomer

Cleaning the aircraft is NOT required. They do it because they want to. They do it because they appreciate the ride. It is their way of saying "thank you."

If it wasn't "expected", it wouldn't be done. If not "expected", it's at least encouraged. What do you guys do to reciprocate? again, the jumpseat is a courtesy. That means you don't pay for it. I'd like to see you guys PROHIBIT the cleaning of your jets by jumpseaters. but since you don't, should the other airlines charge Blu jumpseaters a "cleaning" fee since it's a duty you guys don't perform for them?

Busdrvr:

I've said all I will on the subject....See the previous post. Read it after you get your underwear unknotted.

What part of that don't you understand?

Boomer

Busdrvr,

I tell them to get off, but surprisingly most don't. To be honest, I have no idea why say UAL or DL 777 Capts. would be helping us out with that job, but I see it all the time.

All I can say is thanks!

Chill everyone. We all have our share of buttheads. I know several here at UAL and many at the rest of the carriers. So what's new about that? Needless to say a few, every now and then, will do something idiotic and unprofessional and make the rest of us roll our eyes.

As far as the jumpseat goes it's a professional courtesy. For the most part jumpseaters from the competition that come aboard our aircraft are very professional as are our pilots who jumpseat offline. Lets not let the actions of a few taint the water for the rest of us. The best thing to do if one acts unprofessionally is to contact your union jumpseat coordinator and let him/her know what happened and who it was acting in a bad manner. Then it gets to the right person at the carrier in question who can then address it. In the meantime just kick back and relax.

Cheers,
Z B)

luvthe9 said:
Who do you think put you in Chap 11, Who's driving our salaries down, I to have a hard time giving a ride to SWA , Airtran and Jet blue, when they want you and me on the street.
[post="257076"][/post]​

Scofield, Wolf, Gangwald, Segiel, Lakefield, put UAIR in BK. SWA are the highest paid 737 drivers in the world and as for the last comment, where do you think most of the JB pilots came from? Bscale ring a bell? ".....you will get yours thats why senior men (women) get the most ...someday you will be senior so support that contract cause one day that will be you? ......"

:ph34r:

all pilots, just want to go to work, do a good safe job, go home to their families, and most of them commute. simply put they just want to feed thier families using the skills in the profession they have choosen.

emily said:
Rather than deny a jumpseat it would be better to discuss with a Jetblue pilot the benefits of ALPA and unionization. Although all ALPA pilots are on the mat right now, explain how ALPA has in the past achieved much higher pay and benefits than non union pilots.
[post="256917"][/post]​

Many, if not most of us know the great benefits of ALPA. That's why we are working for B6 now.

I have a question that is somewhat related...

A friend who is a new gate agent at Frontier told me that he was told in training that it is now against TSA regulations for any airline to allow anyone from any airline other than their own to js in the cockpit. I gather from this discussion that this is not true.

Has anyone else heard of such a rule? Thanks.

Heard that this rule just recently changed to allow other airlines pilots into each other's cockpits. I know it's a fact because yesterday we had a full flight and an AA pilot jumpseated in our cockpit. He even covered the '2 man rule' when one of the pilots had to skip to the loo!

B6Busdriver said:
Many, if not most of us know the great benefits of ALPA. That's why we are working for B6 now.
[post="257403"][/post]​
Explain what ALPA has to do with you working for Jetblue.

emily said:
Explain what ALPA has to do with you working for Jetblue.
[post="257419"][/post]​

My guess is that a lot of the JetBlue pilots are furloughees from other airlines that the union threw overboard to save senior jobs and pay.

jimntx said:
I have a question that is somewhat related...

A friend who is a new gate agent at Frontier told me that he was told in training that it is now against TSA regulations for any airline to allow anyone from any airline other than their own to js in the cockpit. I gather from this discussion that this is not true.

Has anyone else heard of such a rule? Thanks.
[post="257404"][/post]​

jimntx,

This has been the rule since just after 9-11. The CASS program has since been developed, and allows participating airline's crews to ride off-line cockpit jumpseats. Frontier is in the proccess of joining the CASS program. Airlines currently participating in the program include: UAL, Alaska, NWA, AA, to name a few.

Back