Knockout Game

delldude said:
Anti-semitism has deep roots in this administration......from Hillary through to many in the cabinet and other offices, yet DNC continues to carry the Jew vote....WTF?
How did you make the jump from punks doing this to "this administration"?

These guys are criminals and thugs. Nothing more, nothing less. This has nothing to do with any "administration".

Reactions: 2 people
Glenn Quagmire said:
How did you make the jump from punks doing this to "this administration"?

These guys are criminals and thugs. Nothing more, nothing less. This has nothing to do with any "administration".

It does when it was referring to another comment.

You talking Obama here?

Everything bad comes from Obama, Fallen arches, flat tires, involuntary celibacy, speeding tickets...all Obama's fault.

737823 said:
Sure, can you direct me to any links or sources that support this charge? I'm extremely vigilant of this type of thing and in fact considered over sensitive by many, and I'm not finding anything significant to be concerned about. Thanks.

Josh

Just like the US Jewish vote, got your blinders on, eh Josh?

delldude said:
Just like the US Jewish vote, got your blinders on, eh Josh?
Great, so not only did you not answer the question or provide a link you also managed to attack me and an entire ethnic group. Again do you have a link to support this charge?

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
Ethnic group?

Judaism is a religion, not a nationality, geez, if you Jewish you would know this.

There isnt a box on race/ethnicity for Jewish, Catholic, Muslim, etc....

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
Ethnic group?

Judaism is a religion, not a nationality, geez, if you Jewish you would know this.

There isnt a box on race/ethnicity for Jewish, Catholic, Muslim, etc....

Dont let the facts get in your way.
Not quite that simple.

http://www.jewfaq.org/judaism.htm

"In the 1980s, the United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race, at least for purposes of certain anti-discrimination laws. Their reasoning: at the time these laws were passed, people routinely spoke of the "Jewish race" or the "Italian race" as well as the "Negro race," so that is what the legislators intended to protect.

But many Jews were deeply offended by that decision, offended by any hint that Jews could be considered a race. The idea of Jews as a race brings to mind nightmarish visions of Nazi Germany, where Jews were declared to be not just a race, but an inferior race that had to be rounded up into ghettos and exterminated like vermin.

But setting aside the emotional issues, Jews are clearly not a race.

Race is a genetic distinction, and refers to people with shared ancestry and shared genetic traits. You can't change your race; it's in your DNA. I could never become black or Asian no matter how much I might want to."

Ok so show me how Sammy Davis jr's race is jewish?

Show me on a job application where you can check Jewish for your race or ethnicity?

You cant, it states usually:
Caucasion
Black
Asian
Hispanic
Never seen Jewish, Catholic, Muslim, etc....

Its not a race of people, it is a religion, just like Catholic, Muslim, etc.....

PS Glenn, post the whole info you looked up:

http://www.jewfaq.org/judaism.htm

But setting aside the emotional issues, Jews are clearly not a race.

Race is a genetic distinction, and refers to people with shared ancestry and shared genetic traits. You can't change your race; it's in your DNA. I could never become black or Asian no matter how much I might want to.

Common ancestry is not required to be a Jew. Many Jews worldwide share common ancestry, as shown by genetic research; however, you can be a Jew without sharing this common ancestry, for example, by converting. Thus, although I could never become black or Asian, blacks and Asians have become Jews (Sammy Davis Jr. and Connie Chung).

It was posted. You just skipped over it.

I actually agree with you. Why must you always be in an argument with everyone here?

Race/Culture/ethnicity is blurred at times.

Certainly is an ethnicity that myself and most other American Jews identify as our heritage and family traditions. So yes it is both an ethnicity and religion. There are people who are born to a Jewish mother who are ethnically Jewish but may not be practicing the faith. On the other hand there are people who are not raised Jewish but who undertake a formal conversion. Within the community there are different interpretations of who is Jewish depending on the individual and situation-many reform Jews will say someone with at least one Jewish parent and raised under the Jewish traditions and values is sufficiently Jewish. To be covered under the Law of Return, you have to either be born to a Jewish mother OR undergone a formal conversion:

http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFA-Archive/1950-1959/Pages/Law%20of%20Return%205710-1950.aspx

So yes, as far as myself and many are concerned we DO identify being Jewish as our ethnicity.

Josh

Glenn Quagmire said:
It was posted. You just skipped over it.

I actually agree with you. Why must you always be in an argument with everyone here?

Race/Culture/ethnicity is blurred at times.
He is just trying to pick a fight and from my perspective being incredibly insensitive and obnoxious at the same time. I saw this thread days ago and skipped over it but wanted to weigh in on what was posted.

Josh

It is not an ethinicty, its a religion, there is no place called "jewish land".

And dont claim its Israel, if you are from there you are Israeli.

I was born in Brooklyn NY and both my parents were jewish.

Show me on a job application or the US Census where Jewish is a race.

delldude said:
Anti-semitism has deep roots in this administration......from Hillary through to many in the cabinet and other offices, yet DNC continues to carry the Jew vote...

disgust.jpg