Last-ditch Effort. . .

Checking it Out said:
Actually Bob, Scabs are when eastern went on strike and people crossed the picket line! I know of at least one in Tulsa who was moved several times because he crossing the lines! This individual was in constant terror!

As far as taking Pay Cuts ual I believe you are lower paid than AA! You along with Amfa set the stage for mass availability of AMT's in the third Party Maintenance arena! In turn has caused the other Airlines to either adapt or fail! What a big Choice! Sounds like you are proud of this achievement! Another Me attitude!

No one like what you and amfa have done in the Maintenance arena Thanks for the help, but no Thanks!

Everyone wants as much as they can get and with the track record of the TWU we are here for the long term! Part of representing is to know when to stop! We at AA choose the smarter path! Unfortunately inexperience wantabes at your airline did not! Lower wages and massive layoffs? Is not the way to go!
Your claims are getting more desperate by the day.

Eastern- While IAM workers were on strike, Hudson General-also IAM were unloading EAL airplanes.

Not only did the AFL-CIO affiliated unions fail to rally around the EAL workers and broaden the struggle after the government made obvious moves in favor of Lorenzo, but the IAM had their own members doing struck work!

UAL makes more than we do, especially when you figure in Holiday pay and the extra week of vacation they have.

The fact is that AA has had the lowest maint labor costs for twenty years. When the TWU gave AA a twelve year progression to Top pay other airlines were only able to get a five year progression. Eventually, due to constant pressure from AMFA the TWU was forced to get a five year progression. But in the meantime the company saved billions in wages compared to their competitors. In other words our members gave back billions in wages that they should have earned.

The pressure to outsource was primarily driven by the needs of these airlines to compete with the biggest airline-American Airlines. So what did the TWU do-they lowered the bar again, just like they have been doing for twenty years.

AMFA raised mechanics pay from $25/hr to $35/hr.

If you look at the graph AAmechanic pay vs CPI you can see the path the TWU has chosen. Concessions. Concessions in bad times, concessions in good times. The period of that graph span two of the largest economic expansions this country has seen, yet our real pay is around 30% below where it was.

Looking at our career over the long term could only lead to one logical conclusion. We need a focused, craft specific union to alter the direction that the TWU has led us in for the last twenty years. Lower wages and massive layoffs. Isnt that what the TWU got us, over the last twenty years?

What happened to all the A&P mechanics in Cleveland, Buffalo and all the other line stations where AA used to have A&P mechanics? Isnt it true that despite the fact that AA has more than doubled in size, and increased service to many, many more destinations that there are fewer stations staffed with A&P mechanics today than there were in 1980? Have you figured in how many jobs were lost since then because of the fact that this union-the TWU, gave the company every concession they ever asked for?

The fact is that AMFA is a union founded by and run by mechanics for mechanics while the TWU has no interest in promoting our profession and has done everything within their power to transfer work away from A&P mechanics to other lower paid TWU members. They have entereed into a cozy relationship with management and they are more than willing to destroy our profession as a means towards their goal of increasiong overall membership.

The average TWU member makes $15/hr. In good times and bad this figure will not vary by much(however if we leave this number will drop considerably).

The average AMFA member makes over $30/hr.

Which union does a better job in getting their members better pay?

Checking it Out said:
Actually Bob, Scabs are when eastern went on strike and people crossed the picket line! I know of at least one in Tulsa who was moved several times because he crossing the lines! This individual was in constant terror!

As far as taking Pay Cuts ual I believe you are lower paid than AA! You along with Amfa set the stage for mass availability of AMT's in the third Party Maintenance arena! In turn has caused the other Airlines to either adapt or fail! What a big Choice! Sounds like you are proud of this achievement! Another Me attitude!

No one like what you and amfa have done in the Maintenance arena Thanks for the help, but no Thanks!

Everyone wants as much as they can get and with the track record of the TWU we are here for the long term! Part of representing is to know when to stop! We at AA choose the smarter path! Unfortunately inexperience wantabes at your airline did not! Lower wages and massive layoffs? Is not the way to go!

What happened to this Scab Operation ?

Wouldn't you put the IAM at USAir as the first to capitulate in CH11?
The IAM at UAL as the second in CH11?
Then TWU at AA.

:shock: UT

UAL_TECH said:
Checking it Out said:

What happened to this Scab Operation ?

Wouldn't you put the IAM at USAir as the first to capitulate in CH11?
The IAM at UAL as the second in CH11?
Then TWU at AA.

:shock: UT
Actually the TWU capitulated to the THREAT of C-11 and gave up more than the IAM did in C-11.

BOB OWENS
Actually the TWU capitulated to the THREAT of C-11 and gave up more than the IAM did in C-11.

Thanks Bob, you are absolutely correct, but I didn’t want to state the obvious.
I was hoping for feedback from the deceivers blaming AMFA for the closing of the IMC and OAK maintenance bases. I think this statement from the IAM website should put these deceptions at rest.

LINK:
http://www.goiam.org/news.asp?c=4456
Extract:

Indianapolis, IN, June 11, 2003 - The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) held a meeting in Indianapolis today with representatives from the California-based investment firm, The Yucaipa Companies, to explore re-opening the Indianapolis Maintenance Center, vacated last month by bankrupt United Airlines.

“The meeting brings us a step closer to our goal of reopening the maintenance center and providing jobs for thousands of IAM members who were furloughed when United Airlines closed the facility,â€￾ said Robert Roach, Jr., IAM General Vice President.

Take Care,
:up: UAL_TECH

twuer said:

You think 10,000 is a few??????????????
The TWU MAILER states that AMFA lost 20,000. Laugh my Ass Off. I figure by the time we vote that number will be in the 100'S of thousands lost. possibly in the millions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We received cards from our mail-out and now are receiving cards from the TWU mail-out. Gotta Love it. :up: :up: :up:

Thanks UAL TECH, the industrail unions will very soon be done representing mechanics at all airlines.

The truth is coming out. Every time the twu puts out the lies, and fear about AMFA. Someone from like yourself is proving them wrong.

AMFA will soon dominate like never before, we will be a force when all the majors are on board. Then the work to regain our respect and place in aviation will begin.

Thanks again for your help in our dispute against the tyranny of the twu.

AMFA IS COMING TO AA!!!!

Back