Layoff Numbers

Does anyone know the ratio of pilots to aircraft or flight attendants to aircraft?
I believe it takes about twenty FAs to support one MD80 and twenty-seven to support one 737/757 (both require four FAs minimum). I agree with you on the flight cuts - if they're only cutting 400 pilots they can't be cutting that many flights. The FA count of 2300 must include expected "productivity improvements", meaning more flying hours.

I know more flying is inevitable, but don't yet have the company's precise proposals. This puts me back on the street, unless they get a huge number of leaves and retirements.

MK

There are MROs all over the US and the world to perform the work, there is plenty of capacity.
It seems like your SCAB loving iam self is more than happy to see A&P jobs leaving. It was the SCAB iam after all that helped UAL, NWA, EAL destroy my profession. I think you need to stay in your ramp threads and stay out of ours!!!!

http://aa.twu.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=iP-7n1cPBXc%3d&tabid=1494

check out the changes to sick time!!! and you thought half pay for the first two was bad.

It seems like your SCAB loving iam self is more than happy to see A&P jobs leaving. It was the SCAB iam after all that helped UAL, NWA, EAL destroy my profession. I think you need to stay in your ramp threads and stay out of ours!!!!

whoop whoop.

"Whoop Whoop THIS " !
Kev3188 is as fine as a REAL union guy you'll ever come across !
There is NO WAY Kev is taking ANY delight in whats gonna' happen to AA/AMT's !

Those TUL "good ol' boys" have been living Fat and Happy in that God Forsaken place for many Years.

I can't wait until one of them has no other choice but to bump into JFK :eek:

Are these potential layoffs based on capacity cuts or on man power needed with the new monthly maximums?

Will there be wiggle room for one or another union to make concessions in other areas to preserve jobs?>
With only 400 pilots slated for furlough, I don't see very much (if any) capacity cut. That's less than 5% of the active pilots - so I'd guess that productivity gains account for their redundancy. Nearly every blowhard analyst from Jamie Baker to Ray Neidl has been flapping their gums about a likely 10% to 20% cut in capacity "because that's what the other airlines did when they filed Ch 11."

What the analysts don't seem to remember is that AA removed a lot of capacity in 2008 and 2009 when it grounded 34 AB6s - that's more widebodies than the entire widebody fleet at US. AA has been retiring MD-80s as it takes new 738s and has reduced capacity where it made sense. If AA cut 10% or 20% of its capacity, that would impact revenue - and not to sound like WT, but AA can't give up 10% or 20% of its revenue to DL, UA, US, WN and B6 right now.

If/when the economy picks up, AA needs to be there to capture that revenue or it's curtains for AA.

whoop whoop.

"Whoop Whoop THIS " !
Kev3188 is as fine as a REAL union guy you'll ever come across !
There is NO WAY Kev is taking ANY delight in whats gonna' happen to AA/AMT's !

Those TUL "good ol' boys" have been living Fat and Happy in that God Forsaken place for many Years.

I can't wait until one of them has no other choice but to bump into JFK :eek:
Take a deep breath sir,

If you notice, I was replying to the iam rep. 700uw. Him and his iam SCAB coherts helped SCAB my job at UAL and friends jobs at NWA.

I did not reply to Kev3188. I do respect you defending an honorable peer.

700uw should stay out of A&P threads as he has no value to the information flow for our profession.

I never thought that they would screw the line guys as bad as this. I can't imagine how flights are making it off of the gates on time.
They haven't screwed the line guys until they take away the CS privileges and the laptops...until then it's business as usual.

With only 400 pilots slated for furlough, I don't see very much (if any) capacity cut.

I agree about the capacity cut, but I think you are a little off base with the reasoning. According to most management pilots that have opined, they have all stated that we are currently at least 400 pilots understaffed. Add in the usual ramp up for summer, and that is probably another couple of hundred.

Furthermore, I have looked at the term sheets and IMO the biggest battle will be over scope. Unlimited domestic codeshare and 80-100 seat jets to regionals will mean MASSIVE outsourcing (for everyone here) in the future if this ever comes to fruition.

We will not know the final numbers until after we have a mutual agreement or until the judge imposes the company terms.

#### AA and there term sheet burn the #### to the ground
relax....step back from the computer....don't let your emotions get the best of you. Life will go on and things will get better....oh wait, it's 2012, the world's going to end....who has a lighter!

Back