LCC Proposes $8B merger with Delta

Libertarian does NOT mean allowing big business to have monopolies. That's almost as bad as a government-run economy.

Hmmm, you don't seem to be toeing the party line with this issue:

II.2 Corporate Welfare, Monopolies & Subsidies

The Issue: Subsidies, government-granted monopolies, and other forms of corporate welfare today exist as privileges granted by government to those with political access. These destroy the level playing field that free markets depend on, create a corrupt relationship between government authority and special interests, and are unconstitutional. Furthermore, the loans by government-sponsored entities, even when not guaranteed by the government, constitute another form of subsidy.

The Principle: Individuals must be free to be aggressive competitors and form corporations, cooperatives and other types of companies based on voluntary association in the market place, and must enjoy no state-sponsored advantage. Those who best supply a good or service in the market will enjoy natural dominance only as long as they continue to benefit consumers. Subsidies and government-granted monopolies protect the non-competitive from market forces.

Solutions: Replacement of all government-granted monopolies and subsidies with deregulated free markets and informed consumers will benefit both consumers and producers, eliminate political favoritism, and maintain a strict separation of markets and state authority. Genuine crimes committed to create a monopoly, such as blackmail, bribery, fraud, libel or slander are prosecuted as any other crime.

Transitional Action: Eliminate all federal grants of monopoly or subsidy to any private companies, such as utilities, airlines, energy companies, agriculture, science, medicine, broadcasting, the arts and sports teams. Repeal all anti-trust laws. All federal agencies whose primary function is to make or guarantee corporate loans must be abolished or privatized.

This is for Bob and L4PI,

If this merger comes to fruition, who would come out on top, the cockroaches or the rats? Would you have a merger or a hostile takeover between the two? Maybe a new breed of coachrat or roachrat? Would seniority be an issue? Just wondering if you have decided where your HQ would be? Do we all have to move to the Delta board? Who fills this slot on US aviation? Can we have 2 boards? We have alot of posts. Just wondering. Regards Mama

This is for Bob and L4PI,

If this merger comes to fruition, who would come out on top, the cockroaches or the rats? Would you have a merger or a hostile takeover between the two? Maybe a new breed of coachrat or roachrat? Would seniority be an issue? Just wondering if you have decided where your HQ would be? Do we all have to move to the Delta board? Who fills this slot on US aviation? Can we have 2 boards? We have alot of posts. Just wondering. Regards Mama
Mama

Follow the money..... We know how to run a Ponzi scheme too.... :D

Besides Art was right about one thing. This is all a smoke screen. I hear there have been lots of trips to Chicago lately.

l4pi

I dont have time to follow the money! Help me out here! Didnt Doug cash in his stock options before this was announced? Did he just run out of money or is he bored? Does he gamble or maybe its his wife? Does he have a girlfriend who is blackmailing him? Just kidding about all this but where does the money lead? I cant imagine him having to say "Surprise-Welcome to NW-not when too many cities across the country are looking at losing out if HQ and hubs leave them. Too many employees are anxiously waiting possibly uprooting their families or losing an income(if their job is relocated-too many f/as looking at getting bumped from their home base). It would have led to too many anxious moments that many would never forget or forgive. He could never be trusted again. He would lose all credibility and there is way too much to still accomplish with the HP/US merger. Let me know what you're thinking. Mama

Ok, back on topic.

dougie has said that if this goes through that the contracts will all go the highest of the three companies and cost neutral crap goes out the window.

If he can throw away the cost neutral contracts with this deal why can't he do it now with the two companies he has now?

I dont know, but maybe they are projecting a profit based on removing seats from the market. I heard the model for the proposal was using the higher labor cost. I didnt hear anyone say what they used as a fuel cost in their model though. Fuel seems to have not been addressed in any of these meetings with employees. Why they did saycost neutral is something only managment can answer.
Anyone?

I dont have time to follow the money! Help me out here! Didnt Doug cash in his stock options before this was announced? Did he just run out of money or is he bored? Does he gamble or maybe its his wife? Does he have a girlfriend who is blackmailing him? Just kidding about all this but where does the money lead? I cant imagine him having to say "Surprise-Welcome to NW-not when too many cities across the country are looking at losing out if HQ and hubs leave them. Too many employees are anxiously waiting possibly uprooting their families or losing an income(if their job is relocated-too many f/as looking at getting bumped from their home base). It would have led to too many anxious moments that many would never forget or forgive. He could never be trusted again. He would lose all credibility and there is way too much to still accomplish with the HP/US merger. Let me know what you're thinking. Mama

Doug has a testesterone imbalance. The events of the present US-AWA merger have him flexing his muscles and pulling down his pants and showing everyone his perceived magnificence of his manhood. "Look at me! I'm the Anchorman! I have a third leg! Touch it!" He's the Lyndon B. Johnson of the airline industry. An ordinary man pumped up by his own ego.

If I was a member of a union that was in negotiations, I would certainly ask my union reps that question. Although I am not, it was still a question that arose today.
Really, if there is that kind of money for a merger why shouldnt we be compensated better? Didnt Doug meet with union officials yesterday or have a fon conference? Does anyone know and was that question asked?

If I was a member of a union that was in negotiations, I would certainly ask my union reps that question. Although I am not, it was still a question that arose today.
Really, if there is that kind of money for a merger why shouldnt we be compensated better? Didnt Doug meet with union officials yesterday or have a fon conference? Does anyone know and was that question asked?

Doug called the IAM and said he was ready to stop farting around. I'll believe it when I see it.

Doug has a testesterone imbalance. The events of the present US-AWA merger have him flexing his muscles and pulling down his pants and showing everyone his perceived magnificence of his manhood. "Look at me! I'm the Anchorman! I have a third leg! Touch it!" He's the Lyndon B. Johnson of the airline industry. An ordinary man pumped up by his own ego.
Barbie, Now Im wondering although I never have before, how big is this perception? I will never be able to look at him again without this crossing my mind. OMG!! Help me!

Anyway, its not up to the CEO...its AFA's constitution...and its DOH. Period. DL is a senior airline with a senior workforc....East f/as will be effected as well.

And thus the long term value of DOH. It works in EVERY situation, eventually. Even with one group favored at the start, things will work out. In the long run, DOH is the fair and just thing to do. DOH. Thank you. Greeter

PITBULL -

That's the biggest load of crap you've ever posted.

Several other things pushed US and UAL in to bankruptcy - not a failed merger. Maybe you're unionized head has already forgotten 9/11? A war with Irag? Rising fuel prices?

Maybe the Pittsburgh smog has finally corrupted what little brain you ever had.

Hey nut case,

The issue I posted was not to correlate a failed merger with both companies going into BK. Obviously you have a lack of comprehension skills. The issue is that if both companies would have been approved for a merger way back then, would only have made the entire downturn DUE TO THE EVENTS OF 9/11, and having a management team that was inept, THAT MUCH WORSE FOR a U/UAL, and my guess, they would have probably ceased to exist!!!

You owe me an apology for your lack of basic comprehension

Latest posts