LET'S TAKE CARE OF THE PILOTS!

I may be missing something here because I don't know all the politics, but it seems to me that you are not ever going to get what was promised as long as there is Tulsa. That's a lot of votes for keeping jobs in Tulsa regardless of the effect on other locals and their members.

That being said, I agree with Dvlhog that there should be clearly expressed outrage if the pilots get a mid-contract adjustment before all of you get a contract.

I may be missing something here because I don't know all the politics, but it seems to me that you are not ever going to get what was promised as long as there is Tulsa. That's a lot of votes for keeping jobs in Tulsa regardless of the effect on other locals and their members.

That being said, I agree with Dvlhog that there should be clearly expressed outrage if the pilots get a mid-contract adjustment before all of you get a contract.

Hey Jim. I'm a bit confused because it's been a long time and I do not work at AA. That 4% good will bump in pay that the mechanics did not receive, and I believe it was distributed to only the groups that have settled JCBA's, is that 4% good will bump on top of the 7% promised, or is it included within the 7% promised? Once you guys get a JCBA can the union then tell the co. that hey wheres our 4% for getting and coming to a JCBA? Just curious.

Hey Jim. I'm a bit confused because it's been a long time and I do not work at AA. That 4% good will bump in pay that the mechanics did not receive, and I believe it was distributed to only the groups that have settled JCBA's, is that 4% good will bump on top of the 7% promised, or is it included within the 7% promised? Once you guys get a JCBA can the union then tell the co. that hey wheres our 4% for getting and coming to a JCBA? Just curious.

That 4% was because I believe Delta went up by 4% a few years ago and they gave it to the groups who had settled their contracts already.

It's been long since absorbed with the raises we've received.

Take for instance PSA. They eventually went up to $29.17 I believe it was when they signed their deal. When we got our raises in Fleet we went up to $30.17 which was more than the PSA.

Some people are having a very hard time understanding the basic math behind that 4% and will probably be saying no matter how much they make "Well we never got our 4%"

The 7% line went down to 3% when Parker gave us the 5% pool for PS. If he went up to a 10% pool tomorrow I suspect even the idea of gaining 3% would be gone as well.

You are asking the wrong person. I don't keep up with this stuff because I figure I will either get it or I won't. I think my union (APFA) is still "negotiating" with the company because the company wanted to exclude Delta pay raises when the industry average + some percentage was supposed to take effect. AFAIK, the mechanics haven't gotten a dime because they still don't have a settled contract.

New definition of negotiating: a period of time marked by total inactivity due to the company being "too busy" to meet with the union.:eek:

Again Parker went down to 3% because of that stupid Profit Sharing that everyone was clamoring about.

If we had the extra 4% it would come out to more than the check I just got a few weeks ago.
Weez, it was 5% of the pretax revenue, dividend by the 2016 total payroll, witch in turn meant about 3% of our last year income. He didn't lie.

Let's not forget the December 23 2014 4% goodwill bump most of the company received. The notable exception being those of us represented by the unelected and illegitimate association.
That was if we got a JCBA, it was waiting for us at the finish line. But I doubt we will get it.

It amazes me that one group has the audacity to think that THEY should ALWAYS be the highest paid in the industry regardless of the length of their contract! hTe airline could not function without any one of the groups. We are ALL important and vital.

You are asking the wrong person. I don't keep up with this stuff because I figure I will either get it or I won't. I think my union (APFA) is still "negotiating" with the company because the company wanted to exclude Delta pay raises when the industry average + some percentage was supposed to take effect. AFAIK, the mechanics haven't gotten a dime because they still don't have a settled contract.

New definition of negotiating: a period of time marked by total inactivity due to the company being "too busy" to meet with the union.:eek:
UPDATE: I was wrong. The APFA filed a grievance against the company for it's "interpretation" of what it meant when it promised the raises. The grievance was heard by the arbitrators last week or so. No decision as yet.

UPDATE: I was wrong. The APFA filed a grievance against the company for it's "interpretation" of what it meant when it promised the raises. The grievance was heard by the arbitrators last week or so. No decision as yet.
Huh? Jim are you talking about the contractual provision regarding the wage adjustment? If so, that was held earlier this year. Their 90 days for a decision was on the 7th. So hopefully we'll hear this week. The arbitration was over how much extra were getting. 1.6% or 8%. Either way, it is retroactive to September 2016 and it was not a greivanc. A contractual provision. They just couldn't decide on if Delta's current pay rates were to be included (APFA) or their old rates (AA). If that isn't what you are alluding to, then I have not heard of any other arbitrations recently.

From APFA email dated 4/7:

"
Update on Wage Adjustment Arbitration Case - LAA/LUS

We realize everyone is anxious to hear of a decision regarding the Wage Adjustment Arbitration that took place in January 2017; however, the arbitration panel did not issue a final ruling today. As disappointed as we all are, APFA legal has advised us that this is not unexpected. Although the Union pushed for a fixed deadline for a final decision, the chairperson of the arbitration panel ruled against setting an exact ruling deadline.

The panel, in January, ultimately set a target date of approximately 90 days as an estimate for when we could expect a decision. Today marks the 90th day, but at this point, a final ruling has not been rendered. We do know that all parties are meeting in confidential executive sessions, and working towards the final ruling.

We expect it to be issued at some point within the next few weeks. We will let you know immediately upon its issuance, and we will update you as we get new information. Please know that your Union and its legal team are continuing to do everything possible to expedite the announcement of a decision."

I assumed (evidently wrongly) that an arbitration started with a grievance filing since everything else seems to involve binding arbitrations. Scuse me.

stiff em till 2020.
No pilot expected Parker to give pilots a raise. The reason it was given? AA was no longer getting the pilot applicants they thought they could get. They were going to everybody else with a better compensation package. Some were resigning in indoc class, others a few years into employment.
The writing was on the wall, and as was said, 61% plus of the pilot group was set to retire by 2022. Had they waited until then, the fleet would be half parked, and you would be out of a job possibly.
If the mechanics and or any other group has that kind of leverage, you are going to see raises as well, and you should.

he is ,rumor has it a stripper jacked his wallet during a lap dance
It wasn't a lap dance, the striipper had a flat and Bob was changing her tire for her when she swiped it. By the way it was pouring rain

Latest posts