looks like the pilots took the offer, what about us TWU?

it would be a failure of representation if the IAM and TWU do not work out their differences NOW and miss the opportunity to make improvements for their membership. if they refuse there are alternatives and we need to vote them out. sign an amfa card it does not mean you have to vote amfa but it will light a fire under them to do what is right.

dfw gen said:
it would be a failure of representation if the IAM and TWU do not work out their differences NOW and miss the opportunity to make improvements for their membership. if they refuse there are alternatives and we need to vote them out. sign an amfa card it does not mean you have to vote amfa but it will light a fire under them to do what is right.
Why do I get he feeling that most of the time the AMFA threat is just that? A threat that if you don't do what we want we're going to leave you?

WeAAsles said:
Why do I get he feeling that most of the time the AMFA threat is just that? A threat that if you don't do what we want we're going to leave you?
dude just go away. there is no recourse with the twu and iam you will see as this drags out because they will not work together or get their sh*t together. the argument is how jim little screwed the twu everyone in the twu not just maintenance. now Lombardo wants out but the iam has an enforceable agreement. did you not see where the twu international refused to meet with the iam at their headquarters? and then the iam sent an invitation to the presidents? which was refused? no weasel we are being screwed by our representatives WE as in all of us. are you one of our representatives putting the wood to us?

when someone that works for me does sub-par work i fire them and hire some else who will do the job.

WeAAsles said:
Why does what another Title group does concern you so much? They have their issues, we have our own.
More power to them if they rid themselves of the TWU.

Guessing , that if the TWU members are like the IAM, its just a threat!!!  Over at LUS only time any union officials came on the property at my station was when cards were signed......Still believe we are suffering from "battered wife syndrome" over at U...."Things are Going to Change" so claims the IAM....Been months since the AGC has been seen....

JFK Fleet Service said:
Why does what another Title group does concern you so much? They have their issues, we have our own.
More power to them if they rid themselves of the TWU.
It doesn't concern me and if they could ever get it done more power to them. But as a group they have been trying for 52 years and it still hasn't happened.

But what I don't like is that they hijack EVERY thread on the board for their pipe dream. Some of us just might want to talk about the topic at hand rather than something that's been bandied and rattled about since the year before JFK was assassinated.

WeAAsles said:
It doesn't concern me and if they could ever get it done more power to them. But as a group they have been trying for 52 years and it still hasn't happened.

Then kindly butt out!

Rogallo said:
Fair enough, I'll have a talk with metalmover!!
And while you're at it take a look at my comment on the petition thread. I'm not being facetious or a smartass either. But if you ask the people I work with they will call me a major smartass.

WeAAsles said:

You know what nullifies "threats,"? Action.

If there was any movement by the leadership working towards a JCBA, then some of this nonsense wouldn't be able to catch another breath of life. Unfortunately, the entire process needed to be held up so they could talk over a few issues from an agreement that is already signed.

You suggested, in October, we be patient because this would take care of itself in a matter of weeks. (It hasn't)

With the added pressure they now face, let's hope that "suddenly" everything is worked out and the task that should have started in August begins in earnest. If it doesn't, we will be mired in negotiations a long time...

NYer said:
You know what nullifies "threats,"? Action.

If there was any movement by the leadership working towards a JCBA, then some of this nonsense wouldn't be able to catch another breath of life. Unfortunately, the entire process needed to be held up so they could talk over a few issues from an agreement that is already signed.

You suggested, in October, we be patient because this would take care of itself in a matter of weeks. (It hasn't)

With the added pressure they now face, let's hope that "suddenly" everything is worked out and the task that should have started in August begins in earnest. If it doesn't, we will be mired in negotiations a long time...

Who am I?

But I agree with you and I would like to read that movement has started by sometime this week?

New Year, new commitment to momentum moving forward.

WeAAsles said:

But what I don't like is that they hijack EVERY thread on the board for their pipe dream. Some of us just might want to talk about the topic at hand rather than something that's been bandied and rattled about since the year before JFK was assassinated.
How many years did it take for the colonists to get their independence from Britain? 52 years is a walk in a park compared to that.

Latest posts

Back