looks like the pilots took the offer, what about us TWU?

Vortilon said:

Delta AMTs top out at $39.55ph as of about 6 months ago.  They also get 10 paid holidays, unlike AA's dismal 5.  AA's AMTs are $3.00ph behind Delta at $36.55ph.  Using your 7% above Delta pay theory - would put AA AMTs at around $42.30ph.  Would be almost a six dollar an hour raise.  Restore AA AMT holidays, sk time, and some of the other items we lost in 2003, and that would go a long way towards AMT reparations at AA.
Thx for the example.  Not knocking it here, but, I believe AA will use the "base" rate not the "top-out" rate to add the 7%.  Most all employers use the base rates to add a % raise to (man I hope I am wrong)  Example, if Delta is being paid 39.55 top out then remove their licence pay, shift prem's, longevity, and any other premiums or added hourly rates, then take that number times the 7%.  I have no idea what the premies are being paid at Delta but here would be an example.  39.55-4.00 (2 lic) -shift diff (say .50) -longevity (say 1.00)  using this example would give a base rate of 34.05 X .07 = 2.38 raise for a total of 36.43 (new base rate with added 7%) 36.43+4.00(lic)+.50(shift diff)+1.00(long)= 41.93 top out rate.  Again not knocking just posting how 99% of all companies apply a % raise to base rate.  That's approx .37-.38 difference using base and not top out...

swamt said:
Thx for the example.  Not knocking it here, but, I believe AA will use the "base" rate not the "top-out" rate to add the 7%.  Most all employers use the base rates to add a % raise to (man I hope I am wrong)  Example, if Delta is being paid 39.55 top out then remove their licence pay, shift prem's, longevity, and any other premiums or added hourly rates, then take that number times the 7%.  I have no idea what the premies are being paid at Delta but here would be an example.  39.55-4.00 (2 lic) -shift diff (say .50) -longevity (say 1.00)  using this example would give a base rate of 34.05 X .07 = 2.38 raise for a total of 36.43 (new base rate with added 7%) 36.43+4.00(lic)+.50(shift diff)+1.00(long)= 41.93 top out rate.  Again not knocking just posting how 99% of all companies apply a % raise to base rate.  That's approx .37-.38 difference using base and not top out...
You're probably right about the formula? (Don't quote me) I think those at TOS in the APFA received an 8% bump to their base and those on the lower rungs received less?

swamt said:

Well, good point; however, the end result would have to equal 7% of Delta AMT "total pay" to be able to make the claim.  You know, to make up for not having Profit Sharing at AA.  Otherwise, it's pointless to make the claim.  On another note, I was just informed that just a couple months back Delta gave their AMTs - as well as others a 4% raise - don't know if it's the same one that Weasles mentioned.  Either way, that would bump the pay up to $44.00ph.  Almost an $8.00ph bump.

Vortilon said:
Well, good point; however, the end result would have to equal 7% of Delta AMT "total pay" to be able to make the claim.  You know, to make up for not having Profit Sharing at AA.  Otherwise, it's pointless to make the claim.  On another note, I was just informed that just a couple months back Delta gave their AMTs - as well as others a 4% raise - don't know if it's the same one that Weasles mentioned.  Either way, that would bump the pay up to $44.00ph.  Almost an $8.00ph bump.

They got that 4% when Delta was added to the S&P 500 in September 2013

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/delta-air-lines-to-be-added-to-sp-500-2013-09-07

If the Association follows the wage adjustment language in the current TWU CBA, then base including all premiums would be considered the max rate paid by the comparison group (DL and UA). If Parker would consider DL as the target then the Association should use the wage adjustment language as the standard for determining top rate for AMTs.

We have given back so much in the last 15 years anything in the positive will be seen as AWESOME when in all actuality it isn't.
The concessions are to long to list it would be nice to get some back but I have been here for so long the no matter what they give us we will never recoup what we have given back... just sayin

AA-MRO.COM said:
We have given back so much in the last 15 years anything in the positive will be seen as AWESOME when in all actuality it isn't.
The concessions are to long to list it would be nice to get some back but I have been here for so long the no matter what they give us we will never recoup what we have given back... just sayin
Agreed. And I can't get back my old house and wife again but I can buy a new place to live now and maybe even one day walk down that aisle again. (Gulp)

Rogallo said:
But you could try, couldn't you!!
I don't think the people living in that house would want to sell and I don't think my ex's new husband and kid would be too happy if I came sniffing around.

And I'm not interested in going or looking backwards anyway.

As it turns out, SWAMT's suspicions were correct.  I looked it up in the contract book in article 4 under "Industry Comparable Pay Rate".  First of all, the averaging is to "Base Pay" only!  Then the 3% structural pay increase set to kick in the same month of .89 cents, must be subtracted from the difference of the Legacy airline industry average, and AA's current base pay rate.  So, if the difference was $1.50ph, then .89 cents must be subtracted to figure out what the pay raise would actually be.  In this case, .61 measly cents.  That would only be about a 5% pay increase - not including the 7% over whatver Delta's AMTs make - or about $2.24ph more.  Add the 61 cents to the $2.24, and that is your pay increase total: $2.85ph.  In other words, AA AMTs would not even be $40.00ph.  I know, it sucks - right.  I was just spitballing earlier, and figuring things as if I had negotiated the contract.  Then it occurred to me that the TWU International agreed to this formula.  Basically a **** sandwich, and sold as some big increase to look forward to.  Granted, it doesn't figure for Delta's 4% raise on April 1, 2015.  Or, UAL's AMTs contract negotiations outcome - which seems to be on hold forever.  So At best, add another $1.25 give or take a few cents.  That would put us at about $41.00ph.  About a $4.50ph bump.

Vortilon said:
As it turns out, SWAMT's suspicions were correct.  I looked it up in the contract book in article 4 under "Industry Comparable Pay Rate".  First of all, the averaging is to "Base Pay" only!  Then the 3% structural pay increase set to kick in the same month of .89 cents, must be subtracted from the difference of the Legacy airline industry average, and AA's current base pay rate.  So, if the difference was $1.50ph, then .89 cents must be subtracted to figure out what the pay raise would actually be.  In this case, .61 measly cents.  That would only be about a 5% pay increase - not including the 7% over whatver Delta's AMTs make - or about $2.24ph more.  Add the 61 cents to the $2.24, and that is your pay increase total: $2.85ph.  In other words, AA AMTs would not even be $40.00ph.  I know, it sucks - right.  I was just spitballing earlier, and figuring things as if I had negotiated the contract.  Then it occurred to me that the TWU International agreed to this formula.  Basically a #### sandwich, and sold as some big increase to look forward to.  Granted, it doesn't figure for Delta's 4% raise on April 1, 2015.  Or, UAL's AMTs contract negotiations outcome - which seems to be on hold forever.  So At best, add another $1.25 give or take a few cents.  That would put us at about $41.00ph.  About a $4.50ph bump.
That's what I thought. Didn't want to spread false numbers.  It's normally always a % on the base...

Vortilon said:
As it turns out, SWAMT's suspicions were correct.  I looked it up in the contract book in article 4 under "Industry Comparable Pay Rate".  First of all, the averaging is to "Base Pay" only!  Then the 3% structural pay increase set to kick in the same month of .89 cents, must be subtracted from the difference of the Legacy airline industry average, and AA's current base pay rate.  So, if the difference was $1.50ph, then .89 cents must be subtracted to figure out what the pay raise would actually be.  In this case, .61 measly cents.  That would only be about a 5% pay increase - not including the 7% over whatver Delta's AMTs make - or about $2.24ph more.  Add the 61 cents to the $2.24, and that is your pay increase total: $2.85ph.  In other words, AA AMTs would not even be $40.00ph.  I know, it sucks - right.  I was just spitballing earlier, and figuring things as if I had negotiated the contract.  Then it occurred to me that the TWU International agreed to this formula.  Basically a #### sandwich, and sold as some big increase to look forward to.  Granted, it doesn't figure for Delta's 4% raise on April 1, 2015.  Or, UAL's AMTs contract negotiations outcome - which seems to be on hold forever.  So At best, add another $1.25 give or take a few cents.  That would put us at about $41.00ph.  About a $4.50ph bump.

"For AMT’s, Crew Chiefs, Tech Crew Chiefs and Inspectors: At September 12, 2012+36 months, a calculation will be made to determine the maximum regular hourly pay rate (i.e., base pay plus all relevant premiums) of the line mechanics at Delta, United, and US Airways in effect on that date."

NYer said:

"For AMT’s, Crew Chiefs, Tech Crew Chiefs and Inspectors: At September 12, 2012+36 months, a calculation will be made to determine the maximum regular hourly pay rate (i.e., base pay plus all relevant premiums) of the line mechanics at Delta, United, and US Airways in effect on that date."

I'm getting a different opinion on this from everybody I show this article to.  Obviously, I would prefer the one that pays more.

Latest posts

Back