looks like the pilots took the offer, what about us TWU?

AA-MRO.COM said:
We have given back so much in the last 15 years anything in the positive will be seen as AWESOME when in all actuality it isn't.
The concessions are to long to list it would be nice to get some back but I have been here for so long the no matter what they give us we will never recoup what we have given back... just sayin
^This^ Some would call you a "glass half empty" guy. No matter how many ways you look at it the truth is the TRUTH.

NYer said:

"For AMT’s, Crew Chiefs, Tech Crew Chiefs and Inspectors: At September 12, 2012+36 months, a calculation will be made to determine the maximum regular hourly pay rate (i.e., base pay plus all relevant premiums) of the line mechanics at Delta, United, and US Airways in effect on that date."
Unless UA gets a contract which will leapfrog DL, don't expect much. Also, if SOC is not declared come September or if we still do not know if the association will happen, will the calculation include US? Using 3 major carriers to calculate an average where US and UA are not that much higher than AA will bring us a few cents...Not dollars.

Vortilon said:

I'm getting a different opinion on this from everybody I show this article to.  Obviously, I would prefer the one that pays more.

That is the actual language. What is not clear that others have a difference of opinion?

"For AMT’s, Crew Chiefs, Tech Crew Chiefs and Inspectors: At September 12, 2012+36 months, a calculation will be made to determine the maximum regular hourly pay rate (i.e., base pay plus all relevant premiums) of the line mechanics at Delta, United, and US Airways in effect on that date."

MetalMover said:
Unless UA gets a contract which will leapfrog DL, don't expect much. Also, if SOC is not declared come September or if we still do not know if the association will happen, will the calculation include US? --Their current rates.

Using 3 major carriers to calculate an average where US and UA are not that much higher than AA will bring us a few cents...Not dollars. --And what are the rates, including premiums, for US, DL and UAL?

NYer said:
Unless UA gets a contract which will leapfrog DL, don't expect much. Also, if SOC is not declared come September or if we still do not know if the association will happen, will the calculation include US? --Their current rates.

Using 3 major carriers to calculate an average where US and UA are not that much higher than AA will bring us a few cents...Not dollars. --And what are the rates, including premiums, for US, DL and UAL?
Looks like UAL AMTs are at $36.92ph as of last July.

Vortilon said:
Looks like UAL AMTs are at $36.92ph as of last July.
Not too far ahead of us. What I am saying is that the "comparison" increase dues us in September will not be too big a deal as long as UA does not get a new contract where DL can leapfrog them.

Looks like its going to be a while. From AA website

You're currently covered by the...

TWU agreement that will be amendable Sept. 2018

IAM agreement that will be amendable July 2017, with extensions if JCBA not reached by certain milestone dates

Here's where negotiations stand

The TWU-IAM has filed an application for single carrier status determination with the National Mediation Board (NMB) to represent these groups at new American; we are awaiting the NMB’s ruling on single carrier and craft and class.

Local TWU representatives have challenged the TWU-IAM application, contending that the two-union alliance cannot be designated to represent the employees unless and until it demonstrates a majority of them support the alliance as their representative. Instead, the local TWU officials claim that the TWU alone should represent both legacy American and US Airways employees. The NMB has been investigating the competing claims.

What that means for you

Once the single carrier ruling has been issued and a union has been certified as the bargaining representative, the Company and the bargaining representative would begin negotiations for a Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA) as soon as possible, and we would expect those negotiations to include industry leading wages.

Overspeed said:

You're currently covered by the...

IAM agreement that will be amendable July 2017, with extensions if JCBA not reached by certain milestone dates

Here's where negotiations stand

The TWU-IAM has filed an application for single carrier status determination with the National Mediation Board (NMB) to represent these groups at new American; we are awaiting the NMB’s ruling on single carrier and craft and class.

Local TWU representatives have challenged the TWU-IAM application, contending that the two-union alliance cannot be designated to represent the employees unless and until it demonstrates a majority of them support the alliance as their representative. Instead, the local TWU officials claim that the TWU alone should represent both legacy American and US Airways employees. The NMB has been investigating the competing claims.

What that means for you

Once the single carrier ruling has been issued and a union has been certified as the bargaining representative, the Company and the bargaining representative would begin negotiations for a Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA) as soon as possible, and we would expect those negotiations to include industry leading wages.
Wish I could read your links, but until all this is sorted out, we are just "contract" with no access to jetnet.

You're currently covered by the...[/size]

Here's where negotiations stand[/size]

What that means for you[/size]

Gee that's just great. While the NMB holds us hostage and the worthless union and iam fight. The membership is left in the dust losing money hour by hour, day by day. I`ll ask again. Where is the almighty afl-cio and their alleged political clout? Strength in numbers right? How`s that working out for us? I`m so frigging tired of "we are the union" crap that I want to puke. We have no say or influence in any of this. Just today I tried to find email addresses for the twu "leadership". Guess what I came up with? That's right NOTHING. The contact information for our "leadership" is buried and cumbersome to access. If any of you have or can scare up email addresses starting with this Lombardo character and working down from there. I will gladly post them for all to see. All I can see us doing is an email campaign. Maybe if we fill up their inboxes, voicemails etc they will begin to listen. I`m already firing missives out to my congressional reps to get the NMB moving. I`m so very disgusted and frustrated with our representation. How ANYONE can still support the worthless union is beyond me. End of rant, carry on...Hog

AA-MRO.COM said:
We have given back so much in the last 15 years anything in the positive will be seen as AWESOME when in all actuality it isn't.
The concessions are to long to list it would be nice to get some back but I have been here for so long the no matter what they give us we will never recoup what we have given back... just sayin

The pay we get should be a nice raise $43 an hour would be real nice, but as far as 12 sick 10 holidays, double time, etc etc......... I don't think bringing up 2003 is the correct way of saying we deserve this back (which we do) that is looking in the past, that was over 10 years ago, I believe the proper way of looking at it is, that is the industry standard and we should do a little better then industry standard.

What is sad is, we have givin so much away, and to bring us up to industry standard would be such a huge raise a lot of guys think it won't happen. We are suffering from "battered TWU Union member syndrome"

A side note, if the association thinks I can be bought with $43 an hour, 12 sk, 10 holidays, double time, more VC, and other items I don't remember about, YES I CAN BE BOUGHT!!!!!!

I hope the association is meeting with company, the TWU style of negotiations haven't worked, maybe the association will. If the NMB does make a decision, and there is a vote between association - AMFA - or no Union

This would be AMFAs chance.

dvlhog212 said:
Gee that's just great. While the NMB holds us hostage and the worthless union and iam fight. The membership is left in the dust losing money hour by hour, day by day. I`ll ask again. Where is the almighty afl-cio and their alleged political clout? Strength in numbers right? How`s that working out for us? I`m so frigging tired of "we are the union" crap that I want to puke. We have no say or influence in any of this. Just today I tried to find email addresses for the twu "leadership". Guess what I came up with? That's right NOTHING. The contact information for our "leadership" is buried and cumbersome to access. If any of you have or can scare up email addresses starting with this Lombardo character and working down from there. I will gladly post them for all to see. All I can see us doing is an email campaign. Maybe if we fill up their inboxes, voicemails etc they will begin to listen. I`m already firing missives out to my congressional reps to get the NMB moving. I`m so very disgusted and frustrated with our representation. How ANYONE can still support the worthless union is beyond me. End of rant, carry on...Hog
That's a great point, what is the afl-cio doing, other then making this lame association and keeping the dues in house?

That's a great point, what is the afl-cio doing, other then making this lame association and keeping the dues in house?
Its obvious what they are doing...NOTHING!!! The same thing our impotent and incompetent union is doing!

Latest posts

Back