LUS/AA Below wing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ograc

Veteran
Jan 30, 2012
The floor is open to IAM /TWU represented Fleet Service members at AA. Let's begin discussion.

Reactions: 2 people
ograc said:
The floor is open to IAM /TWU represented Fleet Service members at AA. Let's begin discussion.
Sure, I'll start it. We sit and wait...

bob@las-AA said:
New hires are a bunch of slugs, Training department FAILED!

Maybe the failure was on the part of people that did the screening and the hiring.  At my station the people that train have no involvement with that process.

orga, here ya go brother:

AA has Crew Chiefs,  LUS--Leads

US--FSA does CLP,   AA  only crew chiefs

AA  crew chiefs make 2.50an hr more    LUS 1 and change more

sick time should not be half pay for first couple days

seniority    DOH would be best  I believe

nonrev travel should be DOH just my take

believe everyone should be qualified for CLP since we take those pesky long arse tests for it.   

Management turns a blind eye to agents that only know how to wing walk, instead of making them learn all of the jobs. Which would make life a little easier on the leads and other agents.

Reactions: 1 person
Breakdowns in the hiring process and the absence of adequate training on the job. A recipe for disaster. Much improvement is needed. The union members, designated as trainers, should be part of the hiring process. To date; this has not happened. I have experienced this very issue in my station. 

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed. Exactly what are the qualifications needed to be Lead / Crew Chief? I understand the job description defined in the CBA at LUS. What about the description under the CBA at AA? How is it defined under the CBA with the TWU at AA?

I have a question here...    our sta mgr has a vendor  (NAS) doing cleaning on 4 turns... PHX MIA and DFW    However  it is only 4 of the flights and questions to the union have gone unanswered   Is this against our contract?  myself and several others feel it is.    MGMT wants us to do quickies with unloading  and that is down right impossible given that DFW and MIA and PHX almost always carries over 5k of cargo and bags combined   and given we are working with 4 agents and having multiple flights at same time  we take our time       so far  our station is on the watch list bec of the number of OJIs we have had this yr alone.    some of the new hires  are not bad  but rest...well  Im sure every station has few of them...  we clean the rest of the flights

robbedagain said:
I have a question here...    our sta mgr has a vendor  (NAS) doing cleaning on 4 turns... PHX MIA and DFW    However  it is only 4 of the flights and questions to the union have gone unanswered   Is this against our contract?  myself and several others feel it is.    MGMT wants us to do quickies with unloading  and that is down right impossible given that DFW and MIA and PHX almost always carries over 5k of cargo and bags combined   and given we are working with 4 agents and having multiple flights at same time  we take our time       so far  our station is on the watch list bec of the number of OJIs we have had this yr alone.    some of the new hires  are not bad  but rest...well  Im sure every station has few of them...  we clean the rest of the flights
All dayline cleaning is outsourced. What station are you in?

Is that at LAA?  At LUS we still do cleaning on few mainline flights     BWI   We used to dump the trash     now we dump trash  plus picking up  the crap on the floor  (all AA type policy) dump lavs  DFW and MIA added to the PHX flight we do   

Cleaning is outsourced on all through and RON mainline LUS flights in my station. The vendor's contract dos not include any regional affiliates. They do provide water and lav service for all. I'm sure it varies from station to station and vendor contract to contract. What a mess. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts