Mechanics vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

320tech

Senior
Oct 10, 2005
PHX line Mx
Visit site
the word around phx is that the teamsters have well over 950 cards and they are still coming in at a steady pace. so are you guys and gals ready to put the IAM to rest. together we will get a very good contract and keep the work that is in house in house and work at bringing as much work back we can get.

950 out of over 7,000, not just a bit over 10%, you need 35% to call for an election.

And how many times does it have to be told that a change in representation does not open the CBA?

950 out of over 7,000, not just a bit over 10%, you need 35% to call for an election.

And how many times does it have to be told that a change in representation does not open the CBA?

thats just us east techs, 850 is what was needed!
remember that number does not include the awa techs.

and when did you ever have 7000 members?

per the letter from the company to the nmb us east total member of your related class was 5482 that includes layoff and on leave.

The company has no incentive what so ever to open it. the only thing that happens is a transition agreement to bring the former ibt mechs under the current IAM CBA.

There are numerous examples of a change in representation in the airline industry and not one CBA in those cases were opened until they became amendable.

Remember the CBA is part of the POR that has to be adhered too.

The company has no incentive what so ever to open it. the only thing that happens is a transition agreement to bring the former ibt mechs under the current IAM CBA.

There are numerous examples of a change in representation in the airline industry and not one CBA in those cases were opened until they became amendable.

your contract is with the old company not the new one remember its just the name not the same corp. and the ibt will neg. to bring you into our contract in the transition agreement.
and show me 1 time when a merger happened and thier was a new vote for a union and they were forced to use the old contract from a company that does not exist anymore.
the one you keep refuring to like southwest was thier choice to change the unions and they just finish the neg with the teamsters that they agreed too.

US Airways on paper is the surviving carrier why do you think the company is negotiating with the IAM for a transition agreement?

Why do you think the ibt did not file single carrier status?

The IAM CBA is the surviving document, even your ibt leadership has said this.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

US Airways on paper is the surviving carrier why do you think the company is negotiating with the IAM for a transition agreement?

there you go again the old us airways is not the surviving carrier we have shown you so many times the new company just kept the name. and the ibt has told the company that they would fight it in court about the surviving contract. and the ibt did file with the nmb.

so again you keep letting the facts get in your way!

and the only reason the company is even talking to the iam is because they want your bad contract so they don't have to give pay raises for well over 5 years and all the awa techs will have to take pay and benefit cuts so that would save them money not having to give all the mech's raises.

1. The company has no incentive to open or work with the CSR's they did..

2. Your numerous examples that have nothing to do with us.

3. The now defunct US airways POR was their Chapter 11 exit strategy to allow them to merge with AWA.. No court could uphold it to a newly formed corporation, with a new union with an ammendable CBA.

NMB determines Single Carrier, Vote Teamsters, IBT finishes current negotiations on their CBA, IBT transitions east mechanics into that CBA..

Your statements about " US Airways on paper is the surviving carrier why do you think the company is negotiating with the IAM for a transition agreement?" are just silly , ya I,m gonna believe corporate america about Union matters... duh..

I have allways agreed that change in representation does not mean reopening a CBA.. But show me a change in representation with too seperate valid CBA's and which one prevailed..

The IBT is adamant on the case that they will fight to make this happen. Not reopen your CBA but conclude in renegotiations on our current ammendable CBA and " Transition agreement " east techs into it.. Hell if the IBT are full of it so what they at least think they can and want to try.. The lame duck IAM knows they cant... And wouldnt if they could cause it will cost..

Vote Teamsters, IBT finishes current negotiations on their CBA, IBT transitions east mechanics into that CBA...
Its really simple

The now defunct US airways POR was their Chapter 11 exit strategy to allow them to merge with AWA.. No court could uphold it to a newly formed corporation, with a new union with an ammendable CBA.
dude....the merger is the cornerstone of the POR.....they couldn't have exited without it..its still a huge part of it and it won't go away.

Is it not possible for the merger to be structured in such a way as to really stick it to the unions? I mean we are talking Jerry Glass here aren't we?????

The company has set a precedence. The IBT and CWA worked out an agreement amongst themselves AND the company accepted their agreement. This should be sending a clear message the company want's to move forward with the merger don't you think? I wonder what Mr. Glass's involvement was?

The court case is not closed it is still on going, go check the court docket for yourself.

The POR and all the CBAs were affirmed by the company, the creditor's committee and the courts and have to be adhered too.

But like any good business person they want to move forward on there terms and timelime NOT the IAM or IBT timetable/terms.

My orginal post was concerning the IBT and CWA agreement, and management's acceptance setting a precedence. The IAM and IBT are so far apart hell would freeze over before those two agreed to be enemies. I'm sure the company has certain agreement framework they would like to see. To suggest this framework is not somewhat flexible or negotiable with the surviving union I think misrepresents the situation based on the precedence set by the IBT and CWA agreement.

Eric,

As for Jerry Glass he is now supposedly a consultant! Yet papers filed with the SEC indicate different? When information like that gets out employees who have already been beaten severely about the head & Shoulders tend to not be very trusting and as a customer I don't blame them.
you need someone around to break those uplooking ego's......nyaa haa haa!

Hey 700, How's the Snap Back Grievance progressing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts