Might American consider an Asian hub

At least I know Delta has 747s lol!
A million of them, right? :lol:

Check DL's schedule - you'll find that you're the one posting nonsense. DL has exactly one 747 departure from NRT that isn't to/from the U.S. - one little route with the "million" 747's.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
I don't care what they say about you KID. Keep on posting I find you absolutely hilarious!!! Just make sure you do your homework first before playing on the computer.

Shut up! I am not a kid. I was born in 1984. So stop saying that I am one!

No, you're not a kid. But you write like one. Some of your thread topics would get tossed even at airliners.net.

It's obvious you're never flown AA (or any other airline) to Tokyo. So why are you pontificating about what AA should do there?

Reactions: 2 people
No, you're not a kid. But you write like one. Some of your thread topics would get tossed even at airliners.net.

It's obvious you're never flown AA (or any other airline) to Tokyo. So why are you pontificating about what AA should do there?

Because AA is my airline. See my photo. It is an AA plane. The reason I am doing this is to help American not get "bullied" by airlines like Delta and United. I want AA to be the best it can be.

Because AA is my airline. See my photo. It is an AA plane. The reason I am doing this is to help American not get "bullied" by airlines like Delta and United. I want AA to be the best it can be.
Are you serious?

You have nothing to do with AA and what happens to it in or out of bankruptcy.

That has to be the funniest post I have ever read on this board.

Reactions: 4 people
Are you serious?

You have nothing to do with AA and what happens to it in or out of bankruptcy.

That has to be the funniest post I have ever read on this board.

Hey you don't have to like my ideas but don't disrespect me and say stupid things like say I am a kid when I am not!

That is the an asinine statement.

How are you going to stop anyone "bulling" AA?

Hey you don't have to like my ideas but don't disrespect me and say stupid things like say I am a kid when I am not!
I am not disrespecting you, making statements like you did leaves you wide open to be proved wrong and you are.

Reactions: 2 people
The JV with Jal still does not allow AA or Jal to operate their own planes from a entry point city onward for example AA cannot fly DFW NRT KIX and JAL cannot fly NRT LAX LAS, they can codeshare on these routes but niether can fly their on metal on these routes, now I agree that the JV gives both parties some of the advantages of a hub but our poster was wondering why AA did not open a Int'l hub and to do so requires fifth freedom rights that is to say AA cannot just decide to start operating a hub out of FRA, LHR, CDG etc etc.

Just one correction, JAL could fly NRT-LAX-LAS but cannot SELL tickets for just LAX-LAS on JAL metal. Qantas does something similar when it flies SYD-LAX-JFK. The passengers on LAX-JFK originate in SYD. Still not terribly efficient but possible nonetheless. Same applies in reverse. If you go to the QF web site, you can select JFK as the originating city but only Australian destinations as the destination city. Regardless, QF flies JFK-LAX, you just can't book a ticket on QF metal for just JFK-LAX.

Reactions: 1 person
I have not read the Open Skies treaty between USA and Japan but MAH4546 stated emphatically that the treaty allows fifth freedoms (which would allow flights on AA metal to destinations outside Japan on which AA could sell tickets) but, of course, not cabotage (no AA tickets sold on purely domestic Japan flights). If MAH4546 was right, then the real stumbling blocks would be slots at either NRT or HND.

That is the an asinine statement.

How are you going to stop anyone "bulling" AA?

I am not disrespecting you, making statements like you did leaves you wide open to be proved wrong and you are.

You just did in that statement at the end of your sentence! You and xUT are bad to me!

Just one correction, JAL could fly NRT-LAX-LAS but cannot SELL tickets for just LAX-LAS on JAL metal. Qantas does something similar when it flies SYD-LAX-JFK. The passengers on LAX-JFK originate in SYD. Still not terribly efficient but possible nonetheless. Same applies in reverse. If you go to the QF web site, you can select JFK as the originating city but only Australian destinations as the destination city. Regardless, QF flies JFK-LAX, you just can't book a ticket on QF metal for just JFK-LAX.

You are correct but the fact that you cannot carry revenue from Lax to Las means Jal cannot operate a hub at Lax or vice versa and I was talking about the topic which is why don't AA open a Int'l hub. slots, gate space, local laws can also be prohibitive

I have not read the Open Skies treaty between USA and Japan but MAH4546 stated emphatically that the treaty allows fifth freedoms (which would allow flights on AA metal to destinations outside Japan on which AA could sell tickets) but, of course, not cabotage (no AA tickets sold on purely domestic Japan flights). If MAH4546 was right, then the real stumbling blocks would be slots at either NRT or HND.

I have not read the treaty either but I suspect while it might allow thru trips to pick up revenue I seriously doubt that it would allow AA to operate a 757 to and from say Hong Kong as O&D on a daily bases. and as you pointed out slots, gate space and local laws could be prohibitive.

I have not read the treaty either but I suspect while it might allow thru trips to pick up revenue I seriously doubt that it would allow AA to operate a 757 to and from say Hong Kong as O&D on a daily bases. and as you pointed out slots, gate space and local laws could be prohibitive.
Yep, and with AA having the premier Japanese airline in an antitrust immunity arrangement just like AA/BA/IB, why on earth would AA want to set up its own hub in Japan even if gates and slots were free for the taking? All those airplanes would cost money.

The OP is woefully undereducated about how AA (and worldwide airlines in general) conduct business. Nothing that finishing high school, completing a college degree and several decades of life experience can't fix.