Might American consider an Asian hub

American6

Jan 15, 2012
American only has hubs within the United States. For better competition against big airlines like Delta and United, AA needs an Asian hub. The airline may get some bankruptcy relief from an Asian hub (that is what I think). American is my favorite airline and that is why I have American in my username. I want to make it better. Anyways an Asian hub is better competition against other airlines. American was the largest airline in the industry. Now I think it plunged to fourth thanks to bankruptcy and mergers like Delta-Northwest and a BIG one United-Continental. These airlines in post merger taken over American. Am Asian hub would be a great way to start coming back. I have looked at Beijing-Capital, Shanghai-Pudong, and other large cities. But I finalized that it would be Tokyo Narita. That is the Asian hub for Delta and United too. American operates to all it's hubs from Narita except Miami. If Narita became an Asian hub it's destinations would be if it were in my hands it would be Bangkok-Suvarnabuhumi, Beijing-Capital, Chicago-O'Hare (current), Dallas-DFW (current), Delhi, Hong Kong, London-Heathrow, Los Angeles (current), Manila, Miami, Mumbai, New York-JFK, San Francisco, Seattle-Tacoma, Seoul-Incheon, Singapore, Sydney, Taipei-Taoyuan. Just give American $$$ and they could get this hub. No more would Delta and United have to "laugh" at American. I say that because they grew larger than the airline. If you don't like the idea, don't say anything inappropriate or say anything unrelated.

Reactions: 1 person
AA already has an Asian hub, and whaddayaknow - it's at NRT. And, if the Japanese authorities ever get with the program (and free up more international slots during normal hours), it will have one at HND. AA has antitrust immunity with JAL across the Pacific, and thus AA and JAL share revenues and expenses and coordinate schedules. Things that would otherwise violate the antitrust laws if not for the government-granted immunity. So why should AA duplicate the effort that JAL has put forth?

Reactions: 1 person
American only has hubs within the United States. For better competition against big airlines like Delta and United, AA needs an Asian hub. The airline may get some bankruptcy relief from an Asian hub (that is what I think). American is my favorite airline and that is why I have American in my username. I want to make it better. Anyways an Asian hub is better competition against other airlines. American was the largest airline in the industry. Now I think it plunged to fourth thanks to bankruptcy and mergers like Delta-Northwest and a BIG one United-Continental. These airlines in post merger taken over American. Am Asian hub would be a great way to start coming back. I have looked at Beijing-Capital, Shanghai-Pudong, and other large cities. But I finalized that it would be Tokyo Narita. That is the Asian hub for Delta and United too. American operates to all it's hubs from Narita except Miami. If Narita became an Asian hub it's destinations would be if it were in my hands it would be Bangkok-Suvarnabuhumi, Beijing-Capital, Chicago-O'Hare (current), Dallas-DFW (current), Delhi, Hong Kong, London-Heathrow, Los Angeles (current), Manila, Miami, Mumbai, New York-JFK, San Francisco, Seattle-Tacoma, Seoul-Incheon, Singapore, Sydney, Taipei-Taoyuan. Just give American $$$ and they could get this hub. No more would Delta and United have to "laugh" at American. I say that because they grew larger than the airline. If you don't like the idea, don't say anything inappropriate or say anything unrelated.

You might want to look into what Fifth freedom rights are to understand the problems with your ideas

Reactions: 3 people

You might want to look into what Fifth freedom rights are to understand the problems with your ideas

Reactions: 2 people
Why would we want a hub when we will be able to fly people direct/non-stop on a 777 or 787?

Why would we want a hub when we will be able to fly people direct/non-stop on a 777 or 787?

So Delta operates a million 747s out of NRT to almost all of the destinations out of the hub. And American uses the 777 on long haul flights. 777s are less expensive and more fuel efficient than 747s.

So Delta operates a million 747s out of NRT to almost all of the destinations out of the hub. And American uses the 777 on long haul flights. 777s are less expensive and more fuel efficient than 747s.
Delta only has 15 747s left, so they dont fly millions of flights out of NRT on the 747.

Delta Fleet info

So Delta operates a million 747s out of NRT to almost all of the destinations out of the hub.

Just a suggestion - why don't you do a little research instead of posting stuff that's so wrong. DL flies a whopping 1 daily 747 flight from NRT that isn't to/from the U.S. and has service to a whole 11 cities that aren't in the U.S. Little old US has RJ service to more cities from DCA (not even a hub) than DL has from this so-called NRT hub with "millions of 747's".

Jim

AA and JAL will be operating a JV. Fifth freedom rights are a non sequitur.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=comm&id=news/awx/2011/01/11/awx_01_11_2011_p0-281505.xml

Adjustments to American’s flights from DFW to Narita will increase the number of connections beyond Narita within three hours of arrival from four to 12.

EXACTLY! This Individual C-l-e-a-r-l-y doesn't have a CLUE what they are talking about. UA acquired the Pacific Route Network from Pan Am and has gradually built the Pacific up Over the Years. Delta by way of NWA, had EXTENSIVE Pacific routes since their early days of regulatory flying. (The combination of DL and NW only broadened the network). AA has just filed BK and ventures like building a HUB cost Money and are risky in themselves. An airline doesn't just decide One day to fly to destinations X,Y,Z because You want to......there are certain hurdles to pass, not to mention regulatory Issues. AA has a presence in Asia and has some of the Best partner airlines at ONEWORLD to work with..........Cathay,Qantas,JAL and hopefully broadening these relationships will strengthen AA for the Future. This Poster needs to have a Better Understanding of 'how the system' works and not rely on Visions of Grandeur of literally Nonsense to make them self look 'knowledgeable'.........something they Are NOT!

AA and JAL will be operating a JV. Fifth freedom rights are a non sequitur.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=comm&id=news/awx/2011/01/11/awx_01_11_2011_p0-281505.xml

The JV with Jal still does not allow AA or Jal to operate their own planes from a entry point city onward for example AA cannot fly DFW NRT KIX and JAL cannot fly NRT LAX LAS, they can codeshare on these routes but niether can fly their on metal on these routes, now I agree that the JV gives both parties some of the advantages of a hub but our poster was wondering why AA did not open a Int'l hub and to do so requires fifth freedom rights that is to say AA cannot just decide to start operating a hub out of FRA, LHR, CDG etc etc.

Just a suggestion - why don't you do a little research instead of posting stuff that's so wrong. DL flies a whopping 1 daily 747 flight from NRT that isn't to/from the U.S. and has service to a whole 11 cities that aren't in the U.S. Little old US has RJ service to more cities from DCA (not even a hub) than DL has from this so-called NRT hub with "millions of 747's".

Jim

How about this suggestion-get out of here cuz you post nonsense. At least I know Delta has 747s lol!

How about this suggestion-get out of here cuz you post nonsense. At least I know Delta has 747s lol!
I don't care what they say about you KID. Keep on posting I find you absolutely hilarious!!! Just make sure you do your homework first before playing on the computer.

Latest posts