3 TWU Groups Had Enough

Bogey said:
Would you like me to start another dispatch thread so you can take it off topic?
Welcome to the wonderful world of thread highjacking brought to you by 700UW.
I see this thread being locked up soon.
Every thread started by someone at AA with any thing related to TWU or AMT's he just comes in and puts his nose in it and then gets others into debates and here we are again with another thread gone south.

I did no such thing, better go brush up on you reading comprehension skills.

And its quite apparent you know nothing about the concept of a message board.

And here is the first off topic post, gee, its you!

1AA said:
Your in denial that this may be true? I guess you still think the AA flight Attendants are still under the TWU. Oh did you not know that they were represented by the TWU? They threw the TWU out and formed their own union that still exists to this day and will be the only union representing the Flight Attendants when the merger is all said and done. BTW they showed the TWU the door back in 1977 and never looked back at the loser Union that we still have today.
Didnt know the Flight Attendants and what union they were in or are in have to do with the dispatchers.

Reactions: 1 person
OldGuy@AA said:
Our pay and benefits were decimated in 2003 outside of bankruptcy.  The TWU agreed to renegotiate a contract that was 1 year old and used fear to get just over 50% to vote for it while withholding information such as an executive retirement fund until after the vote.  Then they found a federal judge to block us from voting again when we had the information they withheld.  Stock clerks and Fleet Service lost 15% of their pay and 5 holidays.  AMTs lost 17.5% of their pay plus the 5 holidays plus lost 100% sick time pay.  In 2013 while in bankruptcy and with $6 Billion in the bank the TWU secured skill pay for Stock Clerks and saved their 6th week of vacation and improved all their work rules while getting raises equal to what AMTs and FSC got.  Meanwhile the TWU left us with 50% sick pay for the first day, gave away our 6th week of vacation.  They gave away all of our retirement medical and our pensions.  Evidently the TWU shows by it's actions that it will continue to force inferior benefits on the AMTs.  While we lost much more than any other group in 2003 we gained less than the Stock clerks did in 2013.  The TWU did include a buy out that got them 48 votes over 50% and screwed the rest of us.  They also brought Title II in to negotiations who called for a roll call vote to bring the TA back that was unacceptable to all local officials except our own John Hewett in Tulsa.  The alliance you are backing will rubber stamp this kind of treatment as it has become the norm for the TWU to secure and protect benefits for every group except AMTs.  I don't like being treated that way and I will not support any organization that condones it.  I will also think a lot less of anyone such as yourself who justifies it.  The point I make is that the TWU had no right to even bring this crap back to a vote.  If they aren't going to demand equal benefits for the group that lost much more than any other by the TWUs own doing then they are stealing our dues money while they represent other groups and ignore our needs. I deserve the same benefits as a Stock Clerk who gets the same if not more percentage raises than me while keeping benefits that the TWU refuses to get back for me.  It is also unfair to include buyouts for yes votes that turn a no vote into a yes and leaves the majority who voted no left to deal with the crap.  The TWU has sold us out time after time and they tell us tough crap.  Yeah we wanted separate negotiations because we had morons in FS who dominated the union demanding $500 lump sum payments instead of 3% raises.  They had the numbers and forced that on us.  I doubt you would be singing the song you are if you had been hosed by your union.  You'll find out soon enough.  Your IAM settled for peanuts when AA made record profits.  They are no better than the TWU.  "We'll get em next time."  I'm tired of explaining this crap over and over.  It was WRONG no matter how you look at it and should have been rectified.  The TWU didn't bother to fix it and seems to have no problem treating AMTs as second class citizens.  Frankly I am insulted by anyone who does not have to live under this crap giving an opinion of how it is my fault or the AMTs fault.  It is the fault of the TWU International and their local 514 stooges who used scare tactics along with a bribe for yes votes.  It's easy for you to point the finger of blame when you don't have to deal with the crap.  If you are not under the AA contract then you don't have an opinion and quit trying to tell me who is at fault.  If you have been around industrial unions for any length of time then you know full well how they operate. 
     My name is OldGuy and I approve this message.
Amen brother.  And all this was done outside BK.  Well said sir, well said...

Bogey said:
It wasn't 2/3rds. It was half. 300k left for the same amount of people that's in local 545 and it's more then double what 545. How much do they need? In addition, the twu for lack of leadership is going to lose Continental to PAFCA as well as Expressjet to PAFCA. So 300k left to maybe 150-175 people. Again I ask, how much?

And please remember that in these United States you are innocent until proven guilty. Not once person for the international has conducted an investigation into anything. They have not contacted anybody on the board. They are just like the company. Guilty with no investigation. You too have taken these allegations and have made at least plowman guilty. Is everything they say true. Is it possible that the international is just pissed and slinging mud? Is your president just taking advantage of an alleged situation? Should the hearing on August 12th be cancelled! Should we just take them out and shoot all 8 of them now?

You say you had 650,000 in the treasury before your leadership started intentionally squandering assets.  We will see what the evidence shows, but from what I hear there has been about a 62% reduction in assets engineered over the course of less than two months. You say the remaining members of Local 542 don’t need the money depleted by your leadership over the past few weeks. I don’t think that Plowman and his cronies had the right to make that judgment without the input of the remaining groups, particularly when they never informed them of the ongoing scheme to create NAAP.

I have no role or input in whatever hearing is going to be held and the officers have the right to make whatever defense they choose. But, for their sake, I hope they come up with something better than “we decided the members we left behind didn’t need that much money” as a defense, particularly when the Department of Labor comes around.

Realityck said:
You say you had 650,000 in the treasury before your leadership started intentionally squandering assets.  We will see what the evidence shows, but from what I hear there has been about a 62% reduction in assets engineered over the course of less than two months. You say the remaining members of Local 542 don’t need the money depleted by your leadership over the past few weeks. I don’t think that Plowman and his cronies had the right to make that judgment without the input of the remaining groups, particularly when they never informed them of the ongoing scheme to create NAAP.

I have no role or input in whatever hearing is going to be held and the officers have the right to make whatever defense they choose. But, for their sake, I hope they come up with something better than “we decided the members we left behind didn’t need that much money” as a defense, particularly when the Department of Labor comes around.
Now you are making **** up. I never said the remaining members don't need the money. You use quotation marks around we decided the members we left behind didn't need the money like someone said that. Nobody said that, it's your words.

Your credibility, if you had any, is now zero. Done with you.

Reactions: 4 people
If they did use dues money to give the members gift cards or to fund the raid, there will be some DOL involvement and people will get charged and in trouble,

The LMRDA is quite clear.

You can look on the DOL's web page and see how many times they prosecute people for similar actions.

Financial Safeguards - Union officers have a duty to manage the funds and property of the union solely for the benefit of the union and its members in accordance with the union's constitution and bylaws. Union officers or employees who embezzle or steal union funds or other assets commit a Federal crime punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment.

That's from the DOL site.

Nobody stole anything. Nobody embezzled funds. They were used solely for the benefits of the union and members. But we all know the twu will try to make something more of it. They now have all the records and books. Let's see how they proceed.

Reactions: 3 people
Misuse of funds is subject to criminal charges.

And it wont be the TWU who makes the decision, it will be the DOL.

700UW said:
Misuse of funds is subject to criminal charges.

And it wont be the TWU who makes the decision, it will be the DOL.

But it would just be an "honest mistake"?

I can't tell you how many "honest mistakes" have cost the membership of the industrial unions.

TWU leadership will actually believe whatever data the company provides them and they actually trust management.

TWU informer said:
But it would just be an "honest mistake"?

I can't tell you how many "honest mistakes" have cost the membership of the industrial unions.

TWU leadership will actually believe whatever data the company provides them and they actually trust management.
Ok I'm staying out of this issue until I see more items in writing and the facts begin to move further along but I have to ask.

What does management have to do with any of this?

coke-popcorn.JPG

Reactions: 6 people
700UW said:
I am sorry Bogey, but fa la la la is a POS and I cant stand when someone posts lies about me and his anti-union venom.

He will pollute another thread.

How can we believe you if we don't know who you are?

Latest posts