More MEM cuts

Everyone? I think I'm it so far, and my "look back" didn't say anything about keeping MEM artificially inflated...

P.S. MEM was a fun place to work in the "good ole days." Crazy busy too. Hard for me to imagine the Y w/only 40 peak day flts...

yet DL has built up LGA and JFK, DTW, LAX, SEA and all of the cities connected to them. oh... and even MSP.
Naw... working in MEM was pure drudgery... "couldn't wait to get out of there and get back "home"."

Reactions: 1 person
yeah... everyone has... but not for long if they are lucky.

DL probably saved a lot of people from long-term inferno.

BBQ there sucks.

thanks for playing along, Kev.

Yeah, the BBQ is fine....

and the stuff about hades... you do know I think you're a great guy, right? ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

next stop 7777

I didn't work in MEM, Kev.

Neither do I care about your views about Karma and hell.

I will make you a pot of coffee.

excited, no.

sad because ??? you pursued about a dozen of my posts and then found out it was just a game for me?

Clearly, things like post counts, reputation score, length of a post, etc. are all deeply important to WT.

What he lacks in quality of content he tries to make up thru volume...

Reactions: 2 people
Back on topic to E's point on why DL didn't just close everything down in one sweep could it be that DL had a mismatch in the duration of CPAs with the DCI carriers especially for 50 seaters and didn't have anywhere else they believed they could profitability send the capacity? Also DL likely had the intention of making adjustments to right size the operation like we have seen at CVG. No airline likes devastating communities with major cutbacks that impact employees and customers alike.

As for AA in STL pretty sure at the time of the acquisition they were committed to having a hub there. Obviously after 9/11 those plans changed. Even after the 2003 cuts it was still a fairly sizable operation with many East-West connections, granted often with longer layovers than ORD but another option nonetheless in the event of weather or other irregular operations. UA is doing the same at CLE, the general trend has been downward for many years.

Josh

I didn't work in MEM, Kev.

So you lied, then. Got it.

Clearly, things like post counts, reputation score, length of a post, etc. are all deeply important to WT.

Clearly.

Pathetic really.

Also DL likely had the intention of making adjustments to right size the operation like we have seen at CVG.

That was what employees were told originally. Maybe they should've just cut to this level the first time?

No airline likes devastating communities with major cutbacks that impact employees and customers alike.

At this point, I don't think there's much love lost between the Widget and Memphians...

now THAT is laughable. If only it weren't so hypocritical.

How many posts can I find when you were having cat fits over supposed manipulation of the post voting system...... and there are thousands of negative posts from some mysterious person who rarely participates in any conversations with me but has voted posts down by the thousands.... did I say THOUSANDS? Yep, Kev, who thinks that worrying about reputation scores is childish bothered to flip the little red button several hundred times too.

apparently it mattered to you then but I guess age has swept that memory under the rug... esp. now that it is an opportunity for you to take another swipe in your state of forgetfulness.

Josh,
none of your logic is permitted here. It was a plot from the beginning. You can't make up their minds with logic that says that DL really would have bothered to keep the flights if only they had made money.

THAT is foolish talk.

GO have either a shot or a cup of coffee..... but please step away from the keyboard if you want to apply logic. THAT is definitely off limits here.

You followed down the wild goose chase like a puppy looking for a bone, Kev. There were no lies. But I do have a great big grin on my face about right now.

now THAT is laughable.

Is it?

none of your logic is permitted here. It was a plot from the beginning. You can't make up their minds with logic that says that DL really would have bothered to keep the flights if only they had made money.

What plot? Where has anyone on here questioned the flight activity at MEM? The only "plots" seem to exist in your head. I suppose that's necessary to keep that martyr complex fueled?

There were no lies.

I asked if you worked there. You said you did. Then when asked when you were there, you came clean and admitted you hadn't. So either you have no life and enjoy wasting bandwidth, or you've decided that being a wind up artist is a good strategy to follow. And if it means boosting your post count? Well, then it's all the better, right?

Either way, you end up looking like a fool, and a petty one at that.

But I do have a great big grin on my face about right now.

Good for you. Speaks volumes about your true character.

Truly, Kev. You got wounded up. You make music as good as a Stradivarius.

Now go have something to drink.... or go to bed and get unwinded.

Tomorrow will be better.