More MEM cuts

Guess you dont realize WN's unionized employees are the highest compensated in the industry,not DL.

And gee, WN has the highest percentage of unionize employees too.

BINGO.....

I've been saying for only about 10 years now on this website that union or non-union has anything to do with how well employees do.

The only two things that matter is how well the company does financially and how they see their employees - as assets or liabilities.

DL and WN employees are doing as well as they are because those two airlines are in the position of strength they are in the industry. Their employees know what it takes for their companies to win and they support their companies - TO THE FINANCIAL BENEFIT of THE COMPANY AND THE EMPLOYEES.

A union makes no difference. The companies where the unions have to fight the hardest to hold onto crumbs can't compete in the marketplace and the employees eventually lose anyway.

Unions are ineffective which explains why they are in deep decline in American society and are incapable of doing anything to improve the outlook for airline employees anyway.

UA is still making excuses about its revenue management system while dumping capacity into markets which competitors enter; its costs are the highest in the industry and its customers get too much for free. Not surprisingly, the employees are the ones who pay the price now and will continue to do so.

AA sat on its duff for a decade and watched much more nimble competitors move into its key markets and now is trying to push its way into markets that it perceives to be strategically important by using employee cost cuts to fund loss-making operations.

US was pushed out of one key market after another and has survived and thrived only because of the low wages of its own employees. Now that it realizes it has backed itself into a corner in small-market hubs, it now is making promises to its employees to they will support a merger that is only possible if they can dominate markets and eliminate any competitive threat.

DL and WN are winning in the marketplace because they can aggressively compete, are winning business from other carriers, and are ensuring that their employees win as well.

Unions are just an insignificant side show to try to make some of the masses think somehow is doing something to help their plight when the reality is they can and have done nothing of significance in the airline industry in decades.

I hope WT has some family member checking on him. He does seem to have taken a turn for the worse over the last 48 hours.

I'm just fine, thank you.

When donkeys (to use a robbed word) run around telling people to "go to hell" they should get a foretaste of what life will be like there... and I can come nowhere close to doing justice to the concept.

When donkeys (to use a robbed word) run around telling people to "go to hell" they should get a foretaste of what life will be like there... and I can come nowhere close to doing justice to the concept.

Last night I was a dog (and trash), today I'm a donkey. What's next in this progression?

700's right; it does feel like A.Net circa 2010ish...

Back to the topic at hand...

Just a few short weeks ago, the company made great hay about all the things they would do to help/accommodate affected employees, including some unprecedented moves that many saw as a deliberate pre-emptive strike on the card drive.

In comparison, this time around there has been very little of the sort. Kinda odd IMO, given that an IFS base is closing as well. Further, there was a link briefly posted on the employee website regarding MEM, but it was swiftly removed. Why? Who knows...

Apparently, displaced F/A's are only being allowed to "transition" to ATL/NYC/MSP/DTW.

I'm sure the few DL F/A's that were on here have long since hit the exits, but if not, can any of you confirm this? I find it curious that places that are expanding (SEA) and AFP's aren't available.

you were the one to start throwing talk about hell around... And u have been ample opportunity to acknowledge that your goal of a kinder gentler board are destroyed by your own finers.

And no my comment about hell and blood is not specific to anyone but a general fact of life

As for the FAs perhaps other bases aren't open...pilots don't have full rights to displace wherever they want at all times.

it is no different from yr insistence that displaced ground employees should be able to bump anyone...DL doednt run its business like that

And u have been ample opportunity to acknowledge that your goal of a kinder gentler board are destroyed by your own finers.

You've mentioned that a couple of times now. What are you talking about?

What I would like is a board whose topics aren't suffocated at every turn. Can you help us out with that?

U forgot yr statement "go to hell". Really? It went downhill from there.

a whole lot of what was said both ways should not have been said. i apologize for my part.

Would be really great if u would do the same.
the sad part was that I complemented you right before being told to take a hike to the south

Try the Tim Nelson thread If u forget.

I am happy to provide equal time to
anyone but am not going to allow inaccurate info to go unchallenged

sure,

MEM was given every opportunity to work, the market isn't there, DL made every effort to protect the jobs of the impacted employees using policies which DL has used and which DL employees have considered to be fair....

and

Apology accepted.

Now back to the topic at hand...

you don't ever seem to be able to offer your half of an apology, do you?

Despite the fact that you and Q seem to be so willing to demand apologies from others, you seem never to be capable of offering your own.

You don't just flip "go to hell" around, Kevin.

You were wrong.

Be a man and own up to it instead of just brushing off your behavior while expecting others to hold themselves to a higher standard.

thank you for accepting my apology.

I will do the same when you offer it.

You will get the climate on the board that you create for others.

Despite the fact that you and Q seem to be so willing to demand apologies from others, you seem never to be capable of offering your own.

I don't recall "demanding" anything. You offered an apology, and I accepted. There is no quid pro quo (implied or otherwise) in that exchange.

Back to the topic now, or what?

neither is there any obligation for me to play the way you think the game should be played if you aren't a big enough boy to acknowledge that you chose to respond to a complement with "go to hell."

Your inability to admit that you have wronged someone else while demanding that others do something that you won't do is precisely the reason that you continue to find everything wrong with DL but can't admit that you are part of the problem.

The two are absolutely related.

Amazin this thread is about dl cuttin mem n it turns into a bench clearing brawl w no end in sight. I would personelly think that the mods would be on here butnits been like yr or more maybe they gave up. As for mem w dl cuttin I wonder if wn will build up mem and I wld of thought mem wld survive compared to say cvg n pit etc

Latest posts

Back