More MEM cuts

DL and all companies have time off and coverage policies which necessitate that not all requests can be granted. If there r cases where DL is violating its own policies, then u shud b on the phone.

Stat.

u and lifer apparently need to see every post with every qualifier every time anything is discussed.

other people can read in context but u need a CBA for every detail of life even it is surpassed by those without one and torn up where it does exist.

Reactions: 2 people
At our weddding we wanted to donate the leftovers to the homeless in the community but the caterer refused and all that could be saved was what family members could carry away.

the simple fact remains that if AA was doing as well as E thinks they are, they wouldn't have been sold off by the creditors who are only interested in maximizing their return. There is no confidence in AA mgmt's ability to deliver anything meaningful to the creditors despite E's endless defense of them.

His undying defense of AA mgmt - cloaked in a lifetime of jobs in areas of the airline industry that have nothing to do with creating revenue other than pulling tickets or the electronic version of it - are documented in hundreds of posts that are devoid of any understanding of why AA is in the shape it is in.

Newsflash, IT boy. AA is in the position it is in because you argued for years they could do no wrong while the evidence overwhelmingly suggests they have done virtually nothing right in protected AA's network from competitors like DL and WN that you can't stand to admit are smarter than AA mgmt.

Your own use of multiple IDs including Veritas and conversations between you and Veritas is all the evidence to prove you know nothing of the truth that Veritas claims to represent.

Face it, lifer. DL has bad apples. Every company has some. 16% of employees actually work against the company. We have several in that category here.

DL has outstanding employees but they are adept in dealing with the rejects and liabilities.

DL also is fully capable of maintaining the non-union status of its largest non-pilot workforce. They will never be unionized. if that matters to you or anyone else, you should pack your bags and go find another job.
the simple fact remains that if AA was doing as well as E thinks they are, they wouldn't have been sold off by the creditors who are only interested in maximizing their return. There is no confidence in AA mgmt's ability to deliver anything meaningful to the creditors despite E's endless defense of them.

His undying defense of AA mgmt - cloaked in a lifetime of jobs in areas of the airline industry that have nothing to do with creating revenue other than pulling tickets or the electronic version of it - are documented in hundreds of posts that are devoid of any understanding of why AA is in the shape it is in.

Newsflash, IT boy. AA is in the position it is in because you argued for years they could do no wrong while the evidence overwhelmingly suggests they have done virtually nothing right in protected AA's network from competitors like DL and WN that you can't stand to admit are smarter than AA mgmt.

Your own use of multiple IDs including Veritas and conversations between you and Veritas is all the evidence to prove you know nothing of the truth that Veritas claims to represent.

Face it, lifer. DL has bad apples. Every company has some. 16% of employees actually work against the company. We have several in that category here.

DL has outstanding employees but they are adept in dealing with the rejects and liabilities.

DL also is fully capable of maintaining the non-union status of its largest non-pilot workforce. They will never be unionized. if that matters to you or anyone else, you should pack your bags and go find another job.
Those so called "bad-apples" aren't putting a dent on the ass kicking performance DL is on. Look at the PMNW hubs and maybe HQ can learn about running a lean, highly efficeint hub.

Please don't make the mistake that most anti-labor folks make about work performance by represented versus nonrepresented employees.

Believe it or not, just because I don't care for many of DL employee policies, I want the company to thrive.

Reactions: 1 person
And you should know that I believe you and Kev who has said the same things.

While you and others would like to think that DL's hubs are inefficient and PMNW's are the opposite, the simple fact is that no one has any data to argue that point or won't post it online if they do have it.

The simple fact is that DL is no less committed to PMDL vs PMNW hubs and has been just as willing to make adjustments to each where necessary.

BTW, I am not anti-labor. I am for good results and for common sense. Unfortunately even if some of the advocates in the labor movement might model those skills in their own personal lives, the organizations for which they advocate or lead appear to be devoid of them.

Thus, the labor movement in the US continues its downward spiral.

Not on topic but since you brought it up I have to ask...would you rather DL not offer the surplus catering to their employees? My firm there is often catering lying around as leftover from meetings and people began raising concerns about food safety and HQ wanted to put an end to the practice. I guess they can do no right it would seem.

Josh

Actually, it is much more on topic than WT's latest bout of megalomania is...

I note it only because it seems like an apt metaphor w/r/t how the company often treats it's ramp staff.

DL and all companies have time off and coverage policies which necessitate that not all requests can be granted. If there r cases where DL is violating its own policies, then u shud b on the phone.

To who? And how exactly do you think "making a call" would bring consistent application of stated company policy?

...other people can read in context

Maybe you should join 'em.

Those so called "bad-apples" aren't putting a dent on the ass kicking performance DL is on. Look at the PMNW hubs and maybe HQ can learn about running a lean, highly efficeint hub.

Right? Remember "we're taking the best from both worlds?" How's that working out for ya?

Please don't make the mistake that most anti-labor folks make about work performance by represented versus nonrepresented employees.

It's an easy (and intellectually lazy) meme to adopt.

Believe it or not, just because I don't care for many of DL employee policies, I want the company to thrive.

Of course you do. So do I. That's an inconvenient truth that most anti-labor people try to avoid... Much easier to frame it as an us vs. them model.

The simple fact is that DL is no less committed to PMDL vs PMNW hubs and has been just as willing to make adjustments to each where necessary.

Who said anything about "commitment?"

BTW, I am not anti-labor. I am for good results and for common sense.

Then you should recognize what 'Lifer is saying. The truth is, many of the policies we're now forced to endure do NOT make for good results, or at best, we get good results despite them. Most are tea-in-the-ocean in nature. ALL add up to meaningful change.

The difference between competitors will be on service. Like I said earlier, having a career-minded group with a vested interested in our company's future will only make that gap between us and the rest of the industry larger.

You can sit and stamp your feet all day in this little corner of the interwebs. Fact is, it's people like 'Lifer and I that are making that success a reality while you sit in the stands. That we both are delivering consistently positive results for our employer while rejecting your anti labor narrative out of hand is just the "icing on the cake."

Enjoy the view.

You are free to define success any way you want (as am I BTW), but your advocacy for a cause that is losing the credibility of Americans on a daily basis and cannot deliver the results it is supposed to deliver for its own workers seems like futility to the vast majority of people.

But, hey, if you've gotta have a cause in life, then by all means don't let me slow you down or derail what helps you get the satisfaction to go to bed at night.

I can't even begin to count the number of examples of actual data driven requests that are outstanding to you, including the most latest regarding your claim that MSP is short-staffed while ATL is overstaffed and inefficient.
When you begin to work down the to-do list that I have challenged you to produce to validate your claims, then I'll start working on the more subjective claims that I have made.

PS..... you have been asked multiple times to highlight just a few positive things that DL has done but you can't even do that so I have few expectations that you intend to see the world through any lens other than your own haze colored and scratched glasses.

You are free to define success any way you want (as am I BTW), but your advocacy for a cause that is losing the credibility of Americans on a daily basis and cannot deliver the results it is supposed to deliver for its own workers seems like futility to the vast majority of people.

But, hey, if you've gotta have a cause in life, then by all means don't let me slow you down or derail what helps you get the satisfaction to go to bed at night.

I can't even begin to count the number of examples of actual data driven requests that are outstanding to you, including the most latest regarding your claim that MSP is short-staffed while ATL is overstaffed and inefficient.

Excellent non-answer.

BTW, can you point to where I specifically stated that ATL was overstaffed? Bonus points if you can show where I used that exact wording.

Fact: Total headcount in MSP is down YoY.

Fact: Compared with MSP (and most other hubs), ATL has a MUCH higher ramp employee-to-flight ratio. That was the specific metric you wanted, right?

Take my word for it or do your own homework; your choice.

When you begin to work down the to-do list that I have challenged you to produce to validate your claims, then I'll start working on the more subjective claims that I have made.

And there we have it... Interesting admission for a guy that prattles on about the "whole truth," trafficking in "facts," and so on...

So what you're actually saying is that you just made it up to craft a nice talking point?

No? Go ahead and list those examples. We'll wait...

I asked for pax boarded to employee ratios as well since not all two flights are the same.

I also noted the different levels of revenue produced on each flight but I don't expect you or anyone on here to be able to provide that number even though absolutely affects staffing.

Feel free to send the actual data - there are multiple ways you could do that if you don't want to post it online. It's just a "he said, she said" thing right now.

The simple reality is that DL is staffing both operations - and every other one - for profitable operations and based on the specific factors for each city.
If you can tell me why DL's operation in MSP justifies more staff than it actually has for the tasks it performs, then I'll be sure and forward the info to the appropriate people at Camp Widget.

Yes, Kevin, sabotage is a subjective term that is not covered in a CBA. I can throw it around anyway I want.

Good job on the most recent item... your to-do list still needs a lot of work....

I asked for pax boarded to employee ratios as well since not all two flights are the same.

Did you write this, 'cause it's what I responded to:

If MSP ramp staffing is down, can you calculate the number of ramp employees per flight worked and compare the results across other hubs?

Feel free to send the actual data - there are multiple ways you could do that if you don't want to post it online. It's just a "he said, she said" thing right now.

As an "active DL employee" I just had to attend a training. In it, the instructor noted that the stated model for a gate (flight) is 2.5 people- the "half" being the crew chief, who is often split between 2 gates. MSP is lower than that, and ATL is significantly higher than that.

Like I said; take my word, or don't. Won't change the fact that MSP's total staffing is down YoY, nor will it debunk my theory that they likely won't mourn the loss of handling AS...

I can throw it around anyway I want.

... Not when it involves levying serious allegations you can't.

So where's the list? I'm very concerned that people are trying to cause harm to both my coworkers and/or our customers. Get on it.

You have repeatedly thrown around unfounded charges including how badly DL treats its employees based on nebulous concepts such as QOL yet you seem to expect concrete evidence from someone else.

Double standards and hypocrisy, anyone? Not from Kev, the only thing stopping the wrath of DL from destroying its own workforce.

Glad you are there to save the day, big guy.

May the force be with you.

It wouldn't hurt if you found a few real people who would be willing to work thru appropriate company channels if you are so convinced that MSP is so bad off, but we won't step on your ego.

Are you going to send me to hell again for saying this? It didn't work the last time.

yes, and your first hand experience doesn't equate to that of 10K other people including in cities around DL's network.

Your scratched and hazy goggles are also not the same ones that other people use... which is probably the best explanation as to why you have gained no traction in convincing the democratically necessary number of people to elect a union that would solve all of the problems that you seem to see but they don't.

...It may also have to do with my employer advocating raising the threshold of cards required to call for an election...

No matter; nothing worthwhile comes easy.

Still waitin' on those examples...

Funny how WT is a man of the people on the AA Forum, yet so clearly anti-union here...

Yep, no double standards or hypocrisy from Rev. WrighT's pulpit.....

It's going to be an uphill challenge to do a card drive at DL while they're growing, making money and paying profit sharing.

All bets are off when/if they start contracting a bit, though.