Must Rides for Commuters

What about all the RSV's that aren't making minimum hours...they couldn't have called someone in? It's not like there aren't people who want to work and it isn't like they didn't know it was going to happen.

The reserves were likely all flying or snowed-in somewhere already on a trip. The only ones that wouldn't be flying are those that were already on their guaranteed off days, in training, on sick leave, vacation, OJI, berevement or not legal after having been on duty for six days without the day off mandated by the FAA.

One other thing, after a bad storm or incident that disrupts the entire system, it often takes 2-3 days to get the right people and planes back on their normal schedule.

Is that what those green passes are? they were waiving those suckers around yesterday.

Oh, yeah, I was at the airport for 16 freaking hours yesterday and the last flight finally canceled because the crew timed out....like the freaking airline didn't know it was going to happen...and then get this...they said, OH, BLAME THE GOVERNMENT, THEY MAKE THE RULES AND WE JUST FOLLOW THEM. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: are you freaking kidding me????? What about all the RSV's that aren't making minimum hours...they couldn't have called someone in? It's not like there aren't people who want to work and it isn't like they didn't know it was going to happen. The planning yesterday was HORRENDOUS. OK, i have to stop now or I will go on for 6 pages.
The green passes are crew movement must rides. Sorry you had a horrible day. The coverage system is hard to explain because it has no rhyme or reason. It's dictated by company policy, FAA rules, and our contract. When there's a real weather event, the company will definitely run out of reserves, and that means in all bases. Their next move is to call block holders in inverse seniority. That's always a pleasant call..."Huh? You must have me confused with someone else. I have 48 years and I'm number three in DCA. Have you lost you #$%^& mind"? "Besides, I've been drinking all day since I don't have to fly out for another 15 days". Click.

The company has agreed to provide must rides for those commuting into base. This is for 2/13 and 2/14 at this point and must contact crew scheduling to make arrangements.
Should have told them "first class only"

Yes it is. But, I work 12 days a month and commute only twice and 4 of those days I'm sight seeing in awesome places like Paris.

then your pay check is LESS the $900.00 on the 15th and you live in SAN? and you can afford to sight see in CDG? boy girlfriend you sure must being doing something HOT on the side...

Now if they ever start Micro Managing me then I can't find my way to the airport on a Sunday. See I LOVE Rules. Fare Rules, Work Rules, doesn't matter. Give me enough time I'll figure out how to shove the rules right up their arse.

If I was a block holder and I got a call in a weather event, I wouldn't say no, I'd just make the price so high that the company says no. Just say "Sure I'll come in but I need to space positive Envoy tickets plus flight pay. Do that and I'd be delighted to work. Have them ready when I get to the airport or I'm going back home."

It's just like the Bikers say "###, Gas or Grass, No ONE rides for free"
We have LOTs of rules, many of which are out of the company's hands. I think that there is a solution that could be implemented into our existing contract. Like you said, make it worth the F/As while to come out when they're not required. $$$$$$$. Double time, must-rides, drop future trip of choice, etc...it can be done. I currently make 36 bucks an hour, pay me 72 and I'll put my snow boots on! I love this company but I'm done doing volunteer work.

:shock: I just called future sked and asked if they would give
me a must ride for tomorrow, I'm up here in the northeast tundra, and it's winter break and all the express flts to phl are almost if not full.. Scheduling said NO...so fyi anyone else commuting in tomorrow to phl, weather must be ok there...

:shock: I just called future sked and asked if they would give
me a must ride for tomorrow, I'm up here in the northeast tundra, and it's winter break and all the express flts to phl are almost if not full.. Scheduling said NO...so fyi anyone else commuting in tomorrow to phl, weather must be ok there...
Uh-Oh, I hope you'll have some free jumpseats. The jumpseats on my flights yesterday were all taken by commuters. Thank goodness for DOH!

Now if they ever start Micro Managing me then I can't find my way to the airport on a Sunday. See I LOVE Rules. Fare Rules, Work Rules, doesn't matter. Give me enough time I'll figure out how to shove the rules right up their arse.
PineyBob I think we play by the same rules of reasoning

Is that what those green passes are? they were waiving those suckers around yesterday.

Oh, yeah, I was at the airport for 16 freaking hours yesterday and the last flight finally canceled because the crew timed out....like the freaking airline didn't know it was going to happen...and then get this...they said, OH, BLAME THE GOVERNMENT, THEY MAKE THE RULES AND WE JUST FOLLOW THEM. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: are you freaking kidding me?????

Blame the government?

"The government" (FAA) allows crewmembers to be on duty up to 16 hours. And in many cases, that can occur after a bare minimum overnight rest period.

So how long should "the government" let crews stay on duty, just to get flights out?

A gate agent (or a crew scheduler) would probably say "indefinitely", so they could get the passengers out of their hair.

But how about the passengers? Just how fatigued would you like to have that crew shooting that approach into a cross-wind and blowing snow with your kids in the back? Or trying to use the defribrillator on your mother?

Back