Negotiations Canceled For M&E?

Goey

Advanced
Aug 19, 2010
Just heard and looking for confirmation that this weeks negotiations for M&E have been canceled. Does this mean AA has more important issues to deal with like filing for BK?

Goey

Just heard and looking for confirmation that this weeks negotiations for M&E have been canceled. Does this mean AA has more important issues to deal with like filing for BK?

Goey
who cancelled the union????? so they wouldn't have to send the release letter????

Goey
Just trying to stir the pot, By the way did AMP file yet?????????? or are they waiting for BK also? I need to get a life and get off this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goey

They don't do anything any way. Release is around the corner according to their last meeting communication. So the future of negotiations is 1) more talks 2) waiting for a release like the APFA has since 2010 3) prepping for a possible strike 4) waiting for a BK filing 5) trying to live on the same money with a higher cost of living for a while longer.

Did I miss anything?

They don't do anything any way. Release is around the corner according to their last meeting communication. So the future of negotiations is 1) more talks 2) waiting for a release like the APFA has since 2010 3) prepping for a possible strike 4) waiting for a BK filing 5) trying to live on the same money with a higher cost of living for a while longer.

Did I miss anything?

You missed plenty.

It's just as well "negotiations" were (if true) cancelled. Whatever goes on in those meetings don't fit the criteria for the word presently used to describe the festivities.

The company now has all they need to blame a bankruptcy filing on someone else - ie, the pilots and their none acceptance of the "industry leading" concessions. Looking for a goat was of primary importance to this bunch instead of owning up to their own failures.

Third - I'm not so sure there wasn't a deal made between AA and other airlines trying to see who can get their people to give them the best deal to prop up their demands for their own industry leading pay and bonus packages. It may well be illegal to collaborate on fares without anti-trust immunity but nothing says they can't make side bets re: who can do the best job of screwing their own people in so-called negotiations.

It would be such a simple thing to fix this company but nobody can manage themselves anymore.

AMP = Association of Maintenance Professionals

A bunch of guys that think we can rid are self of the TWU. Because everything is the TWU's fault. Never mind the FACT we have voted everything in over the pass several decades.

Goey
The company cancelled.
There's no point. There's no way the company could sweeten the M&R pot without killing any chance of the concessionary deal for Fleet passing and with the announcement of the UAL TA, which is far superior to what AA has on the table there is no chance that M&R would bring it back.

From what I heard UALs deal has retiree medical sort of restored, something that we would lose. Their retiree medical would be funded with sick time at the rate of 11 hours per month and they would continue to get 12 sick days per year. The situation would be somewhat reversed, I believe they currently have to pay 100% of the cost for retiree medical, under the proposal they would give the company deferred compensation(sick time) in exchange for retiree medical, we would give the company our deferred compensation (matching funds) then have to pay 100 % of the cost!!! A double whammy, pay thousands of dollars now, then thousands later.

The company cancelled.
There's no point. There's no way the company could sweeten the M&R pot without killing any chance of the concessionary deal for Fleet passing and with the announcement of the UAL TA, which is far superior to what AA has on the table there is no chance that M&R would bring it back.

From what I heard UALs deal has retiree medical sort of restored, something that we would lose. Their retiree medical would be funded with sick time at the rate of 11 hours per month and they would continue to get 12 sick days per year. The situation would be somewhat reversed, I believe they currently have to pay 100% of the cost for retiree medical, under the proposal they would give the company deferred compensation(sick time) in exchange for retiree medical, we would give the company our deferred compensation (matching funds) then have to pay 100 % of the cost!!! A double whammy, pay thousands of dollars now, then thousands later.

Seriously? Better?

We had retiree medical funded by sick time in the July 2010 TA. So getting what we had in the TA is better? We had no change to retiree medical in the extension, sick time funded in the July 2011 TA, and now FSC looks as if the new standard is no retiree medical. You guys kick a**!

I guess you need to realign expectations now that it looks as if the committee can't deliver. That's cool.

In the end it usually comes out, the members vote based on what the International puts out, when the members finally realized they were sold out the international says "don't blame us, blame your negotiating committee" or " hey, you guys voted for it". They are not accountable to us as they are not put there by us. They automatically chair all committees and they can dissolve and overrule any committee but somehow they are to blame and the International claims they don't control the process, which is bull, Article 47 has it in black and white what the true role of the committee is, witnesses.
Seriously? Better?

We had retiree medical funded by sick time in the July 2010 TA. So getting what we had in the TA is better? We had no change to retiree medical in the extension, sick time funded in the July 2011 TA, and now FSC looks as if the new standard is no retiree medical. You guys kick a**!
I guess you need to realign expectations now that it looks as if the committee can't deliver. That's cool.
You play the part of the internAAtional's shill very well unless we're all to believe Bob is being less than truthful.

The company cancelled.

So since the company cancelled this session, is the M&R Negotiating Committee going to request a release?

A subsequent motion was made: "that if following the M&R Negotiating Committee's next meeting, a Tentative Agreement was not reached, then the TWU M&R Negotiating Committee would formally file with the NMB to be released from negotiations no later than November 30, 2011".

Seriously? Better?

So, you think using sick time to pay for retiree medical is good or bad????? I think it's horrible considering the amount of sick time (20 hours per month) needed to fund coverage of what $500K. at $33/hr amounts $660 per month or $7,920 per year, and if I decide to retire at 60 would cost me $39,600. And, you call that good??? Some would argue that it's really AA's money but how about the pre-funded amount exchanged into sick time....that would mean I'm actually paying about $6500. That's my money going to AA to pay for retiree medical that was there in the first place.

So, you think using sick time to pay for retiree medical is good or bad????? I think it's horrible considering the amount of sick time (20 hours per month) needed to fund coverage of what $500K. at $33/hr amounts $660 per month or $7,920 per year, and if I decide to retire at 60 would cost me $39,600. And, you call that good??? Some would argue that it's really AA's money but how about the pre-funded amount exchanged into sick time....that would mean I'm actually paying about $6500. That's my money going to AA to pay for retiree medical that was there in the first place.

I agree, having to use my sick time is just another concession on top of another concession.

I agree, having to use my sick time is just another concession on top of another concession.
If M&R were to recieve the same T/A as Fleet it would totally regressive and concessionary....

*increase in ASM's to 12% means more eagle flying which equates to less mainline flying, less aircraft needed for the operation, and less maint. which ultimately leads to more layoffs.

*increase in group medical out of pocket expenses.....deductibles to $2750.

*retiree medical eliminated for majority of workers

*No retro!

*9% increase over 8 years.......minus what we already gave up.....16.5% in 2003, 15% in 2004, 13.5% in 2005, 12% in 2006, 10.5% in 2007....so, the 9% increase over 13 years doesn't even recover ONE year worth of losses from 2003 to 2008. That's why retro is so important and must be part of any T/A!!!

And, I had a question regarding the AA pilots proposal concerning regional flying.....correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe AA mentioned something about AA pilots doing regional flying....am I to believe that the 737, MD-80 and A320 will be used for AE down the road?????? or did I miss something????

Back