New Citites

Busdrvr,
I think it's a good rule. Especially when you start bringing all the "data." Life is too short to be locked in the hotel typing dialogue with someone you've never met. It's a beautiful day, and I'm going running now. I hope you get recalled soon, and that we meet someday. I can thank you then for the medicare and other benefits your tax dollars will be buying for me (kidding only, I hope I can pay my own way by then). See ya!

WNrforlife said:
Jetblue is nothing but a Southwest wannabe. Neeleman was fired from Southwest after they acquired Morris Air.
Neeleman was hardly fired. He left Southwest with a Five-Year No Compete Clause. Clearly, Southwest considered him a competitive threat. Apparently, they were right.

WNrforlife said:
Jetblue is nothing but a Southwest wannabe. Neeleman was fired from Southwest after they acquired Morris Air.
Actually our product is better. Just ask folks who have ridden on both airlines. WN's strength lies in its route structure. WN is a fine airline but the service really is not comparable.

WNrforlife said:
He didn't leave, he was shown the door.
Even if that's true, and there is certainly some ambiguity to the story, was he "shown the door" for incompetence or because he wanted to run his own show and therefore wasn't a good fit as a WN underling? He doesn't seem very incompetent to me. And the lack of ill will on Southwest's part would indicate that he didn't leave on bad terms. Draw your own conclusions.

BlueDude:

Add to that the Five Year No Compete Clause (part of why Neeleman went to help start WestJet), and you are right. Maybe he did not fit in Southwest, and Southwest is not the type of company to keep Neeleman employed just because he could be a threat. And Neeleman doesn't seem like the type of person to accept employment just because he's being paid off. The Five-Year no compete clause speaks volumes to me about Southwest's opinion of Neeleman.