New DL terminal at JFK?

Isn't it more likely that T2 will become consolidated with an expanded T1. Considering the scope of the T4 build out, I'd suspect that the T3 space wiill remain ramp for a considerable period of time, serving air carriers in either the T1 or T4 complexes.
It is possible that what is now T2 will be replaced but DL and the Port Authority specifically stated that future phases could involve a rebuild of T2. The gates DL is adding to T4 are not sufficient for all DL needs so a rebuild of T2 would be done for DL which means it would need to be connected to T4.
DL also made it clear IT wants the ramp space that will be created by destroying T3. Both DL and the Port acknowledged that it is cheaper to have a large pad that could be used to park a/c that are not in active deplaning or boarding, saving gate space for that purpose. Since DL already is using a fair amount of pad space at JFK right now, my guess is that DL will continue to need most of the former T3 pad space. I also won't be surprised if the plane mates continue to be used to support a pad operation for a number of years, probably esp. for int'l 757s in the peak evening rush.

Latest posts

Back