New hire update

Harry Callahan

Veteran
Sep 16, 2002
Your rearview mirror
Visit site
Here is the latest info I got on the new hires. Of the class that started on the 17th they started with 18 as of now 12 are left. Of the class that started on the 24th it started with 22 now 8 are left. These numbers could be off by one or two either way but you get the picture.
Tonight they were all put on mandatory over time & were not happy. Wonder how many will leave after tonight ?
The reasons given for not staying were low wages & poor working conditions.
Even the new hires are talking about how much the Doug & the gang are raking in & then what they are paying us & agree it's just not right.
Sorry to beat an ole horse but when will these people learn ? It is the pitts when we have to have 2 or 3 jobs to live & we are so tired when we get to work & they want us to make US fly.
Lets pay wages so we can focus on making US fly not on these other jobs.

Here is the latest info I got on the new hires. Of the class that started on the 17th they started with 18 as of now 12 are left. Of the class that started on the 24th it started with 22 now 8 are left. These numbers could be off by one or two either way but you get the picture.

CLT seems to actually be doing quite well with retaining new hires. With PHX being a point of comparison...

Tonight they were all put on mandatory over time & were not happy. Wonder how many will leave after tonight ?
The reasons given for not staying were low wages & poor working conditions.
Even the new hires are talking about how much the Doug & the gang are raking in & then what they are paying us & agree it's just not right.
Sorry to beat an ole horse but when will these people learn ? It is the pitts when we have to have 2 or 3 jobs to live & we are so tired when we get to work & they want us to make US fly.
Lets pay wages so we can focus on making US fly not on these other jobs.
'If you don't like it, quit' sound familiar?

The future of labor in this country has been flushed, we have been duped by our leaders for thirty pieces of silver.

How bad has it become? Has Darth done anything about PHX equipment shortages yet, BTW?

We have many new towbars as of today! They came from CLT, is what I heard. Wonder if the CLT ramp is now short of towbars. What we need are some push tugs to hook up to those towbars. Perhaps the company will ship some push tugs to us from PHL! :lol: Ay, carumba. :eek:

We have many new towbars as of today! They came from CLT, is what I heard. Wonder if the CLT ramp is now short of towbars. What we need are some push tugs to hook up to those towbars. Perhaps the company will ship some push tugs to us from PHL! :lol: Ay, carumba. :eek:

Odd how US turns a profit and doesn't invest in equipment. Hmm...

I need! I need! I need! Barbee, you just don't see the big picture. You should be proactive and organize a volunteer committee to figure out a way to utilize those towbars whether or not you get tugs. The committee, of course, must not meet during work hours. Do it on your own time. :lol:

the company asked for trouble when they laid off too many people, now they have made the employees pay the price and that is working short

Can someone please help me find the half-page ad in the classifieds looking for baggage handlers and gate agents for Southwest? I must have missed it somewhere. Lots of ads for US and Mesa, but, nope, still don't see one for Southwest.