New hire update

I believe that was meant as a joke as it seems LUV treats their employees with respect and pays them a decent wage!! This does not require them to continuosly run job fairs and advertisements for employees!!! Very seldom do you see LUV advertising for employee's, as most come to them seeking employment.

I believe that was meant as a joke as it seems LUV treats their employees with respect and pays them a decent wage!! This does not require them to continuosly run job fairs and advertisements for employees!!! Very seldom do you see LUV advertising for employee's, as most come to them seeking employment.

There are certain cities that are continuously running job fairs and info sessions: PHL, BWI, PVD, LAS, MHT... Makes you wonder what the deal is in these cities.

Only kids fresh out of high school, still living at home, can afford to start work at US. There is no way someway can earn a living wage starting here and support yourself, let alone a family. For customer service, ramp and res, starting wages are exactly what they were in 1984 at PSA. US continues to be a nickle and dime operation. The exec's get richer, and the front line and ramp, get poorer.

Only kids fresh out of high school, still living at home, can afford to start work at US. There is no way someway can earn a living wage starting here and support yourself, let alone a family.

Some people can afford it (examples that I've actually worked with):
1) Military retirees with a pension.
2) Retirees with a pension. (gubbament, police, elevator repairman, etc.)
3) Those whose spouses make good dough.
4) People who received an inheritance.
5) Those who work every available hour. One old-timer on PHX ramp is rumored to have made over $90K last year.

Feel free to add to the list.

Latest posts