New US Airways/American Paint Job

I don't think it looks terrible. I'm not saying that I like it, but I haven't seen a livery change that was liked when it was released except by fanboys.

My bigger concern about it is that with AA in bankruptcy how are they affording this? I know it often happens as part of an exit from bankruptcy (makes it look like a different airline) but not while still deep in the proces. Further, as was mentioned, how are they affording this while in bankruptcy. I'm sure the aircraft being painted are the ones that are (over)due for paint, but they still needed to pay for design costs, which aren't small.

sounds like a Bitter Betty, probably didn't get the chicken and had to eat the pasta, he has an opinion, you know what they say about opinions! AA is not perfect, but I work a lot of flights and I rarely hear complaints. When I do its usually something involving a mechanical delay or weather delay,90% of the FAs I work with are nice enough, there are some bad apples(like every other company). It seems most of us have accepted reality and have moved on. Some people do complain no matter what

Pepsi will be served on all flights.
AA_new_773_livery.jpg

Already Pepsi on EVERY flight.

Bless its heart.

I'd say that this new AA livery is more reminiscent of US Airways current livery than DL's new livery is referential to NWA last livery. Somebody had to point out that DLs widget on its side was reminiscent of NWA's chevron (compass point). And the merger timing was similar..... DL was working on its new livery before it announced its merger with NWA, but I believe it was highly speculated upon.

So, since that seed was planted in my mind, I did see the recitiliner (non-waving) abstract flag motif as reflective of US's rectiliner (non-waving) abstract flag motif.

But I don't believe that more than 2% of the public would even come close to thinking about that... only graphic designers and airline obsessives.

The forward fuselage logo reminds me of the Greyhound logo..............................

Yeah who ever heard of a flying dog. A Pegasus is more like it!
I have already stolen your idea and joked to my crew….. Pepsi Airlines!Nicely played, dead on. But I don't really care, as long as it pays us in the currency of the realm.Greeter

yuans for everybody!

I think Horton did this on purpose to sabotage the airline. He knows he's on his way out so he's burning AA's cash. When Parker takes over he will be spending money rebranding again and fixing what Horton is destroying. This Horton is a total POS. Once hes gone I hope he gets his. Sore Loser

I think Horton did this on purpose to sabotage the airline. He knows he's on his way out so he's burning AA's cash. When Parker takes over he will be spending money rebranding again and fixing what Horton is destroying. This Horton is a total POS. Once hes gone I hope he gets his. Sore Loser

I was thinking the same thing. Burning through CASH like a drunken sailor. This re-brand makeover is going to cost millions if not a billion. It is not just the aircraft painting but all the other logo brand changes as well throughout the system and world where AA advertises. When we come out of BK Horton and his cronies will be gone along with their bonuses for a job well done. How sad the courts are allowing all this money to be spent while the employees have gotten raped.

There was nothing wrong with AA Brand. All they would of had to is paint the composites silver. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Damn Horton

They could have gone with a modified look of the current livery for the fleet instead of a complete re-branding.
Even DL has managed to incorporate their Widget into an updated livery.

Are you proud of who's hands are on the wheel? You know, that guy who just showed the world that gloprious new livery? The guy who will be pissing away your concessions for a rebranding that wasn't needed in bad financial times? Maybe you can give uncle Tommy a call to let him know how much you appreciate him, and how he deserves the millions that he is about to receive, also at your expense..

LOL!!!!!!

The point is: Horton is in charge as approved by Judge Lane subject to acceptance of the Creditors in due course.

Parker (and LCC as a whole) is up #### creek without a paddle if this merger doesn't happen.

Wings, would you be tearing out appliances and painting bedrooms of a house you haven't closed on, or even one that you haven't been approved for financing for?

Make peace with the fact that Horton will make a ton of money no matter what happens.

You crack me up.

A merger is Parkers intention. It hasn't happened yet. How I feel about Horton has absolutely NOTHING to do with LCC.

Take a look at the title of this thread.....

I'll ask again; Have I missed the merger announcement? Why hasn't the CEO of the New American Airlines introduced himself to us yet? Oh yea! Thats because there ain't one!

Horse <---> Cart

:lol:

Back