Non-polarizing candidate?

Glenn Quagmire

Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
I submit that Joe Biden would be that candidate.

Hillary will be the next iteration of Obama. He was the first black, she would be the first female.

If it is a Republican, I see Kasich as the one who could win the general election.

I have not read too much on Fiorina but she seems a pretty normal and middle of the road.

Kasich might be tolerable, as might Fiorina

I think Bernie or Biden might actually be ok with the public, but not as long as Ailes' fear mongering machine is operating.

It woukd be absolute runaway lies and BS just like the Death Panels, Birther, Muslim, and other frivolous charges made against Obama all over again.

They like to call Obama a divisive president, when it was them sowing the seeds and fanning the flams of division from the very beginning.

Reactions: 1 person
Ms Tree said:
I have not read too much on Fiorina but she seems a pretty normal and middle of the road.

I'm sorry...but if the president is supposed to be considering the jobs situation in the US...Fiorina took over HP....laid off 18,000 American workers and "smart shored" ( gave the jobs to folks in India) the company....and her only regret was that she should have laid off more people sooner.   So I wonder how she would "right shore" Americans.   

I've been in IT for over 30 years and Carly Fiorina's claim to fame was that she took a company that was known for quality products and turned them into an ink maker that sells plastic crap.  

Ifly2 said:
Kasich might be tolerable, as might Fiorina

I think Bernie or Biden might actually be ok with the public, but not as long as Ailes' fear mongering machine is operating.

It woukd be absolute runaway lies and BS just like the Death Panels, Birther, Muslim, and other frivolous charges made against Obama all over again.

They like to call Obama a divisive president, when it was them sowing the seeds and fanning the flams of division from the very beginning.

Kasich seemed like he had compassion for people...so that has doomed him with the GOP who prefers to step over the homeless and lecture them on "personal responsibility".   And he's another "tax cut" kinda guy.  I swear to God...is there any problem that a tax cut  (to the rich) won't fix? 

KCFlyer said:
I'm sorry...but if the president is supposed to be considering the jobs situation in the US...Fiorina took over HP....laid off 18,000 American workers and "smart shored" ( gave the jobs to folks in India) the company....and her only regret was that she should have laid off more people sooner.   So I wonder how she would "right shore" Americans.   

I've been in IT for over 30 years and Carly Fiorina's claim to fame was that she took a company that was known for quality products and turned them into an ink maker that sells plastic crap.
Beat me to it...

And much like Q noted about HRC, she'd be the first woman...

Kev3188 said:
Beat me to it...

And much like Q noted about HRC, she'd be the first woman...

And the 18,000 was only round one.  She laid off something like 30,000 people....she just wish she'd one it sooner.  

KCFlyer said:

I understand your point and I'm not a fan of HP either.  I think it all went south when they bought Compaq.

Just to play devils advocate, the job of the CEO is to get the share holders profit.  Much of what I read indicates that had she not done what she did HP would have folded.  I don't know.

Ms Tree said:
I understand your point and I'm not a fan of HP either.  I think it all went south when they bought Compaq.

Just to play devils advocate, the job of the CEO is to get the share holders profit.  Much of what I read indicates that had she not done what she did HP would have folded.  I don't know.

The reason she laid off people was mainly due to her own incompetence as CEO.  As for profit she failed to deliver on that along with crashing the price of the stock.

Which Side Are You On? The song written by Florence Reece in the 1930's was written to the melody of an old Baptist hymn "Lay the Lillies Low". It was written in the presence of 6 of J. H. Blair's gun thugs as a coded message for her organizer husband Sam not to come home as the gun thugs lie in ambush.

Sometimes in life you have to take a stand. Non polarization can be a good thing. At this point in history it is IMO time to pick a side. Like Florence says, "There are no neutrals". I stand tall when I stand with Dr. Paul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzudto-FA5Y

SparrowHawk said:
Which Side Are You On? The song written by Florence Reece in the 1930's was written to the melody of an old Baptist hymn "Lay the Lillies Low". It was written in the presence of 6 of J. H. Blair's gun thugs as a coded message for her organizer husband Sam not to come home as the gun thugs lie in ambush.

Sometimes in life you have to take a stand. Non polarization can be a good thing. At this point in history it is IMO time to pick a side. Like Florence says, "There are no neutrals". I stand tall when I stand with Dr. Paul.

She's got it right, 'Us poor folks haven't got a chance, unless we organize'

Good point Sparrow

However, one can take a stand on principle without resorting to the fear, lies and hate we have seen from the right the last 7 years, instigated by a supposed "News" Network ( Or "Information Service.. If that is what they call themselves now....) and mindlessly parroted by the duped and afraid.

I am not referring to you, I may not always agree with everything in particular you post, and sorry but Rand has lost his way, but you do stay awy from the mindless repition of platitudes we see from certain folk on here.