Non-polarizing candidate?

SparrowHawk said:
ncentic is just another word for corporate welfare.

How about a law with stiff fines and penalties (like not being allowed to bid on government work)

This is well within the purview of the Federal Government.

Majority of our ills as a country stem from special interest lobbying.

delldude said:
Majority of our ills as a country stem from special interest lobbying.
+1 Dude. From all sides. That coupled with the citizens United ruling is killing what was left of our democratic republic.

Reactions: 1 person
SparrowHawk said:
While they both begin with a "P". Philosophy often gives way to Prudence. I don't see terrorists at every turn, but they do exist. Do we need TSA, NSA, DHS and the Patriot Act? I don't think we do. Do we need to know who is in this country? YES we do. With an out of control immigration situation this is impossible to know. The next President didn't allow 12 million in, but they sure as heck need to address it.

So you want the government keeping an eye on who comes into the country you just don't want the agencies that come along with it.

SparrowHawk said:
Trump bringing the issue out front is Trump's boldest & best move. Win, Lose or draw the issue is now firmly in the public arena and that's very positive.

Please.  All he did was repeat things that other have said before and add some overt racism into the mix.  What he is doing is playing to peoples fear and ignorance.

Ms Tree said:
I still don't get why either party is talking about imigration. Both side benifit from it and they have no intention of stopping it. A good portion of Trumps empire was built with illegal labor.

In the case of Trump he's talking about it to cover up for the fact that he's got nothing in terms of new ideas for the issues that are much more important.

Do went not have the FBI, ICE, BATF and 50 state departments of criminal investigation to determine who is a threat?

A rigid immigration policy allows legitimate gathering of information at the border/customs. The challenge will be to develop the right balance between Liberty and Security. You want an immigration policy relaxed enough that it becomes the path of least resistance, yet rigid enough to catch & depart those who break the law, hide their criminal backgrounds.

This country was successful because we allowed good people in, kept the bad ones out. We were rewarded by millions of people who worked like hell and built a nation. We need to go "old School" on this issue.

SparrowHawk said:
 We need to go "old School" on this issue.

Do you mean when it was open to all?  Or do you mean like when we had quotas to keep out people we did not approve of?  Usually that meant people of a different skin hue than the majority here in the US.  Or people whose religion we were suspicious of.  I.E. Jews just prior to WW2.

I'm OK with quotas, it's our country and we can do as we choose. People risk their lives to come here so let's pick the right people to allow into the country. Ones that will pull their weight.

We can base our new quota's on many things. To me skin color isn't one of them. We can and perhaps should limit people from certain countries, run them through more rigorous background checks. There is a fine line to be walked.

I lived in an area (MN) where we took in two groups of refugees, The Hmong from Laos and Somalians from that war ravaged country, about 50,000from each group. The Hmong flourish to this very minute and are well liked, respected to the point that when Laotian leader, General Vang Pao passed flags in the state were lowed in his honor. The Somali's have not fared as well having a much higher crime rate in areas where they live. I found both to be hard working and family oriented. But for discussion purposes which group would you allow more of to enter the US? Clearly the Hmong win.

We have not only the right to say who we allow to enter, but a duty under the COTUS to provide for the national defense and if that means not admitting people from a specific nation then so be it.

Ms Tree said:
I still don't get why either party is talking about imigration. Both side benifit from it and they have no intention of stopping it. A good portion of Trumps empire was built with illegal labor.

No one is building a wall. We can afford it and I don't care how delusional Trump is the Mexican go is not paying for it.

I think the only way to stop the current of immigration is to stop the supply of jobs. The only way to do that is to give companies the incentive not to hire. The only way to do that is to fine the cap out of them. Only way to do that is to get congress to pass a law ..... and the only way that happens is when pigs start to fly.
Amen.  However, there has been a law on the books for over 40 years that I know of making it illegal to hire foreigners in U.S. companies with substantial fines spelled out for violating the law.  Means absolutely nothing to Big Business.  There is a process where a company can certify to their state employment service (in Texas called the Texas Workforce Commission) that there is no legal U.S. resident available to fill a particular job.  The company can then be issued permission to hire someone from another country to do the job.  Whenever a company has a particular foreign worker in mind, say a computer programmer from India, they simply fill out the form saying they tried to recruit a U.S. resident and got no one suitable/qualified for the job, and they are allowed to bring the programmer from India who after some time on the job gets permanent residency status in the U.S.

Now, in this day and age if you actually believe that there is any job that has not one single qualified person already available in this country, I have a nice bridge in New York to sell you.  The companies flout the law, and are allowed to get away with it.  The few times that I know of that a state employment service tried to even investigate a large company for abuses of the law, they got squashed from higher up and the investigations terminated.

700UW said:
HRC will be the next President, she already has the blessing of the Bilderberg Group.

I prefer Bernie.

11924211_918069971602565_7030420853796676568_n.jpg

When it's not large corporations who make money of off the GOP largeess. Then the money flows freely.

Somewhere out in cyberspace is a VERY arrogant quote from Dick Cheney as to why we don't have to worry about debt.

Fact is that when either party gets into trouble financially they crank up the printing press and we the people lose.

777 fixer said:
Since when does the right care about what things cost?

They only care about things that don't kill.  Should the GOP win in 2016, you can bet the campaign will be on tax cuts and fighting ISIS/Iran.  The money fairies come out when the GOP is in office. 

KCFlyer said:

They only care about things that don't kill.  Should the GOP win in 2016, you can bet the campaign will be on tax cuts and fighting ISIS/Iran.  The money fairies come out when the GOP is in office. 

What kills me are all these candidates talking about sending troops back into Iraq.  It would have been like in 1980 candidates for president saying they were going to send troops back into Vietnam.  Boggles the the mind.