Northwest Flight To Tokyo Delayed

PlayTheOdds said:
I have indeed learned a lot since working this job. There is no normal in this industry. I would describe the airline industry as organized chaos at best. There are so many unpredictable and uncontrollable factors at work it is impossible to have a common policy to address all. Was it scabs that caused the delay or would the same delay have occurred with unionized mechanics? I really find it strange how you guys believe that belonging to a union enhances ones mechanical abilities.
[post="304992"][/post]​
Ya well welcome to the real world of airline maintenance duffas. I will have to give you credit for cognizant observation!

Does a doctor get paid for his production or for his knowledge?

He gets paid for both. It takes between 6 and 10 years to become a doctor depending on the choosen field. Also a doctorate and a state bar must be passed to become a doctor. Are we comparing AMT's to doctors? Just in case you didn't know any lucky high school drop out can become an AMT.

PlayTheOdds said:
He gets paid for both. It takes between 6 and 10 years to become a doctor depending on the choosen field. Also a doctorate and a state bar must be passed to become a doctor. Are we comparing AMT's to doctors? Just in case you didn't know any lucky high school drop out can become an AMT.
[post="305070"][/post]​
What do you think an amt is to an an airplane when its sick moron? Sorry to go over your head with the analogy! Any ocupation has its flunkies even the medical field. Are you giving us a clue as to your educational background with that last sentance?

Sorry scorpian I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I'm just making a point that AMT's aren't the most educated people around. Very few have more than trade school for a higher education. A lot of them don't even have that. I have a friend (not aviation related) that was recently laid off from his job of 16 years making 29 an hour. He has no education beyond high school. He just got another job making 18 and feels lucky to get it. There is a demand for educated people in every field and it is going to be the people with the education that is going to get the money. I promise you the days of a cleaner making 24 an hour are gone. If you choose to stand and fight for jobs that require no education you will go down with them. There is no honor in losing your job for a person that refused to take responsibility for his future in the first place.

PlayTheOdds said:
Sorry scorpian I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I'm just making a point that AMT's aren't the most educated people around. Very few have more than trade school for a higher education. A lot of them don't even have that. I have a friend (not aviation related) that was recently laid off from his job of 16 years making 29 an hour. He has no education beyond high school. He just got another job making 18 and feels lucky to get it. There is a demand for educated people in every field and it is going to be the people with the education that is going to get the money. I promise you the days of a cleaner making 24 an hour are gone. If you choose to stand and fight for jobs that require no education you will go down with them. There is no honor in losing your job for a person that refused to take responsibility for his future in the first place.
[post="305075"][/post]​
Your pulling alot of fluff into this conversation by the cleaner B.S. I wont defend a 24 dollar an hour cleaner thats a companies argument not mine.

Your comment about AMT'S not being the most educated must come from your opinion of your fellow compadre scabs!!!
Your not an AMT are you? By the way education, common sense and intelligence are all qualities that have different means of aquisition and no amount of schooling, breeding or up bringing can guaranty all three but the core AMT's that keep an airlines aircraft flying safely have all three. You wont find all three qualities in scab maintenance period!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you come and join us on the line for a week or so just to get the real picture of how scabs work? I promise you will have a whole new appreciation for scab contractors. Come see for yourself other than relying on biased made-up facts from this board.

PlayTheOdds said:
Why don't you come and join us on the line for a week or so just to get the real picture of how scabs work? I promise you will have a whole new appreciation for scab contractors. Come see for yourself other than relying on biased made-up facts from this board.
[post="305082"][/post]​
You make me laugh clown, there's no possible way you bozos can operate as a cohesive unit. The only trust within your group would be the fact that you can trust the guy next to you to slip a shiv in you the minute he has something to gain by your demise. I'm sure there's the infidelity factor that gives you guys a feeling of comaraderie but to claim you work together as a team and a person should come and join you to get the real picture is hilarious.

I don't really mean for you to join us. Just to see for yourself how we operate. Instead of standing off in the distance and making comments about people that you know nothing about.

Are you an AMT? Are you on strike?

NHBB,

"a filthy dirty inbred.........scab" would have been descriptive enough.

Don't mess with Texas!

:rolleyes:

Regards

scorpian said:
[post="305080"][/post]​

Your pulling alot of fluff into this conversation by the cleaner B.S. I wont defend a 24 dollar an hour cleaner thats a companies argument not mine.

Maybe it is but it is something you need to consider if they belong to the same union as you.

Your comment about AMT'S not being the most educated must come from your opinion of your fellow compadre scabs!!!

It is a statement of fact for most AMT's. How many AMT's actually hold an A&P certificate? Of the ones that do how many have a four year college degree?

I might add that 100% of the scabs here are FAA A&P Certified.

Your not an AMT are you?

No I am not. I am a A&P Mechanic. I will not be part of a unions attempt at creating a name for a job that already exists.

By the way education, common sense and intelligence are all qualities that have different means of aquisition and no amount of schooling, breeding or up bringing can guaranty all three but the core AMT's that keep an airlines aircraft flying safely have all three. You wont find all three qualities in scab maintenance period!!!!!!!!!!

You most certainly will. You have apparently never contracted before thus you are speaking by way of ignorance.

PlayTheOdds said:
[post="305082"][/post]​
We have already been told and have witnessed for ourselves how poorly the performance of the NWA scab operation is. NWA is dead last in every catagory listed by the DOT. Burntout NWA scab managers are pencil-whipping all scab work, no logbooks are being signed by the scabs themselves. The pilots and F/A's I have personally talked to in the picket line comfirm the incompetence ("lost" was stated) of the line scabs. The F/A's are I have spoken with are scared to fly on old NWA aircraft maintained by scabs.

There is no appreciation for scabs, and NWA management is "playing the odds" with too many lives. :down: :down:

now you know why I wont buy a ticket on NWA cause I dont want to die on a scab maintained plane!

PlayTheOdds,Sep 26 2005, 03:17 PM]

No I am not. I am a A&P Mechanic. I will not be part of a unions attempt at creating a name for a job that already exists.

What union is trying to create a new name? I agree, A&P Mechanic suits me just fine.

Its the FAA thats pushing the name change as a step towards FAR Part 66.

Back