NWA ground workers union sues Delta

I just would like to comment since a link was provided regarding that situation.

did you know that there are two type of gamblers, and they are the escapist and the one who seeks immediate action..
people who seek the thrill of the immediate win are typically in the catagory of action and then there is another type..the escapist..that is an individual who may be upset regarding a personal crisis or work related situation, or a loss(family member, spouse, child) and they gamble to get away from whatever is happening in their personal lives..in that situation its very sad(something more is going on in someone's life that no one may be aware of)

those types of addictions are so powerful they can disrupt work, social, mental thoughts and majority of all physical aspects of your life. I actually feel sorry for people who fall into that mode of not being able to have a control in their lives.

theft is never excusable, but the williness to seek help should be admired(the fact help was sought, tell me this situation falls into the escapist mode because an obvious problem and need to seek help was done, most women fall into the escapist catagory).

Thank you Dapoes for bringing this to the forum attention(you may have unknowingly helped someone who reads your post/link who may be dealing with that same situation)

Please remember E.A.P...I believe they can always help in most situations or just lend support when needed.

Yes I realize its it is short of being anything scandalous or salacious. Just to respond to jalbalpa statement. Because it being so small I doubt a lot of people are even aware of it.

All tho I do know there has been some concern (even buy Pat F.) regarding officers using union money for personal expenses. The outcome is still yet to be determined/addressed.

Well kudos to you for finally doing a little research.

Your articles bring a few thoughts to mind:

1. The people got caught. The system worked, and they're no longer doing whatever.

2. You didn't bother posting all the corporate malfeasance that occurs daily. Why is that?

Remember Tyco? Enron? WorldCom?

All both sets of links prove is that people in all walks are greedy.

You still have not answered how your above examples represent the unionized workers in the various industries. What are you trying to say here? That we're all criminals?

This would be like me using my examples to equate everyone in corporate America with Jeff Skilling. Not very sound logic, is it?

Well kudos to you for finally doing a little research.

Your articles bring a few thoughts to mind:

1. The people got caught. The system worked, and they're no longer doing whatever.

2. You didn't bother posting all the corporate malfeasance that occurs daily. Why is that?

Remember Tyco? Enron? WorldCom?

All both sets of links prove is that people in all walks are greedy.

You still have not answered how your above examples represent the unionized workers in the various industries. What are you trying to say here? That we're all criminals?

This would be like me using my examples to equate everyone in corporate America with Jeff Skilling. Not very sound logic, is it?

Granted corporate America is no perfect angel and I have never professed them to be either. Also not all unions should be lumped into the same pot. However the examples I posted show how (a lot of) unions have had a history of NOT being in the workers best interest. And the last time I checked unions don't run or operate business. And don't give me the "unions are the workers" bit as the corruption comes at the senior level not the avg joe on the line.

The main selling point unions tell the working group is that if you elect me, then I will protect you with some sort of blind trust. Well I ask, who is protecting the workers from unions being unscrupulous?

If a union wants my support and my $$, and promises to be in my best interest, yet rips me off, lies etc then I have a problem. And the unions have a very poor reputation for being honest...worldwide.

You and the others will never see my point, and I may never see yours. We are obviously in two different places and that's perfectly ok with me.

You and the others will never see my point, and I may never see yours.
right there.. with that comment you have just made up your mind that others "will never" see your point of view, that is an assumption that others are closed minded, will not even attempt to
see a situation from a different perspective.
Dapoes, maybe that was not your intent, and possibly worded not necessarily the way you implied but it comes across very negative to other readers.

you might be surprised how many actually understand where you are coming from...

We are obviously in two different places and that's perfectly ok with me.
Dapoes, that is also referred to and called division, and that is not ok.

mind you this is merely a suggestion and not just to you (including appling my own advice!), attempt to explain your ideas and where you are coming from with a respectful nature, you may be surprised how many people may just see your point and actually pay attention(really pay attention) ... even if they may not always agree.

respect goes both ways...(and sometimes we do not get respect back...but the attempt to take the high road simply is always the right thing to do).

I think I am back on the soap box again?? :blink:

Thanks Kev.

You know you are spitting in the wind with this Delta Management shill.

I do, but I have a real hard time letting a lot of this stuff go unanswered.

Granted corporate America is no perfect angel and I have never professed them to be either. Also not all unions should be lumped into the same pot.

Exactly, except this is precisely what you're attempting to do.

However the examples I posted show how (a lot of) unions have had a history of NOT being in the workers best interest.

How so? Furthermore, how is the company (let's use DL here) operating in our best interest?

And the last time I checked unions don't run or operate business. And don't give me the "unions are the workers" bit as the corruption comes at the senior level not the avg joe on the line.

Actually, they do run businesses. As for the "workers are the union" mantra, well that's exactly what they are. If an elected leader isn't doing their job, you vote them out. If they're operating unscrupulously, you do the same (assuming the law hasn't gotten to them first.).

If a CEO or BOD member is doing that, can you as a worker vote them out?

The main selling point unions tell the working group is that if you elect me, then I will protect you with some sort of blind trust.

The only folks pleading for blind trust are mgmt. Look at all of the things DL is offering. Is any of that backed up with a binding agreement? Of course not. But they expect us to trust them just the same.

Unions offer the exact opposite. Nothing is offered that can't be backed up by a CBA.

Well I ask, who is protecting the workers from unions being unscrupulous?

The members themselves, the DOL, the FBI, local law enforcement, etc. Have you ever read an LM2? There's is a TON more accountability in that alone than we get from most companies.

If a union wants my support and my $$, and promises to be in my best interest, yet rips me off, lies etc then I have a problem.

You and I both would. Our recourse is to A) vote the leadership out, or B) Decertify. If the company "rips us off," what recourse do we have?

And the unions have a very poor reputation for being honest...worldwide.

This is your opinion, and not a universal truth.

You and the others will never see my point, and I may never see yours. We are obviously in two different places and that's perfectly ok with me.

Nothing wrong with that, but it's a topic worthy of debate.

Latest posts

Back