Over 26lbs of Cocaine found on Aircraft

Buck said:
And I heard FWD L/H Tunnel of the 757......
I had heard that also.

My question is, I'm assuming TSA puts those security stickers on the access doors, do they look in the compartments before putting the sticker on, or take the someones word that the compartment is clean?

Flying low said:
I had heard that also.

My question is, I'm assuming TSA puts those security stickers on the access doors, do they look in the compartments before putting the sticker on, or take the someones word that the compartment is clean?
Given that it was most likely under the insulation or to look similar it, even a glance might not see the bricks. 

Also if the person performing that security check was part of the " cartel " who knows.....

jimntx said:
Thanks for pointing that out Roadking.  As the old saying goes...You get what you pay for.  It may very well end up being an AA employee, but the fact that he/she got away with it (at least the getting the coke onboard part) could also be attributed to lax outside, underpaid security.
You can eliminate AMT'S. We get drug tested. :)

Reactions: 1 person
The left "tunnel" can be accessed through the Fwd or Center accessory compartment but the only personnel that should be in there would be maintenance..

2ndGENAMT said:
The left "tunnel" can be accessed through the Fwd or Center accessory compartment but the only personnel that should be in there would be maintenance..
Is this section checked for security reasons and if so who does that?

We generally step back (which we are told to do) and let them do their thing before we get on the plane.  With little to no oversight they could probably open any access door and stick in or retrieve anything without being suspect.

FWAAA said:
Gotta think there are some pissed-off TWU members in MIA or DFW right now, as 26 pounds of their coke was discovered by their colleagues in Tulsa and turned over to the cops.
Does Tom Selleck still work at American Airlines as an aircraft mechanic?

Reactions: 4 people

Latest posts