Party of the Rich

eolesen said:
That about sums it up... My son refuses to eat a school lunch anymore. He brown bags instead so that he doesn't go hungry. He should try packing a second lunch and auction it to the highest bidder...The fact that schools are having to divert funds from the classroom to the lunchroom is the real story. When lunches were actually appealing to the students, it was break-even for most districts. Not any more. Sending more tax dollars to fund this isn't the solution, either.
Never mind the fact that healthier low sugar foods have been proven to increase learning. So how much money is a child's health and well being worth?

Ms Tree said:
Never mind the fact that healthier low sugar foods have been proven to increase learning. So how much money is a child's health and well being worth?

Fed guidelines and dieticians were good enough until Michele came on the scene.
And they get fat from lack of exercise.

dorfner said:
Source please.

dorfner said:

Force them on daily five-mile hikes.  You can  ride behind them with a whistle.

Reactions: 1 person
southwind said:
Here's a novel idea, let parents, parent their children and get Der Government the F$#% out of the way!
Here's a novel idea.  Let people who will never have kids admit they don't know dick about raising them,

Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and quadrupled in adolescents in the past 30 years.

ps3-death-1.jpg

Ms Tree said:
It's the parent's job to feed their children, not the government.

The weight problems with kids have nothing to do with their lunches..

It's time to stop blaming lunch, and start looking at the rest of the system...

When recess gets cut and PE becomes an elective, kids don't get exercise.

We used to walk to school and arrive as early as 30-45 minutes ahead of time to play football (unsupervised)... Now, dropping the kids off more than 15 minutes before the start of school is considered it's unsafe.

I don't remember coming home with the 2-3 hours of homework my kids bring homw. They can barely can get up from the table after school. We spent the time between school and dinner being outside... either riding bikes, playing baseball, or otherwise being active.

eolesen said:
It's the parent's job to feed their children, not the government.

The weight problems with kids have nothing to do with their lunches..

It's time to stop blaming lunch, and start looking at the rest of the system...

When recess gets cut and PE becomes an elective, kids don't get exercise.

We used to walk to school and arrive as early as 30-45 minutes ahead of time to play football (unsupervised)... Now, dropping the kids off more than 15 minutes before the start of school is considered it's unsafe.

I don't remember coming home with the 2-3 hours of homework my kids bring homw. They can barely can get up from the table after school. We spent the time between school and dinner being outside... either riding bikes, playing baseball, or otherwise being active.
Lunch, along with the rest of the diet has everything to do with it.  Healthier school lunches have been prove to increase learning.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100621121258.htm

I agree that the rest of the system needs to be looked at as well but to ignore diet is just plain stupid.  

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/articles/2008/10/07/does-eating-a-good-school-lunch-make-you-smarter

Junk food is easily available, cheap and everywhere.  Some schools even have junk food  chains in their cafeteria selling their garbage.  Introducing children to health food at school is not a panacea but it's a start.

When budgets get cut what do you think happens?  

SparrowHawk said:
Like you said we aren't Switzerland. So frankly I don't give a rat's ass what "Goes Along" with being issued a weapon.

As for the "Not my Kid" bull feces I offer you this. If the example became law you'd be in the same boat as the rest of us. Just for a different reason. Public Schools are ideological indoctrination camp designed to produce the progressive version of the Hitler Jungen.

Sorry but I'd rather have a child capable of critical thinking who is a Master Marksman rather then a Progressive jellyfish who goes with the flow like I good little brainwashed thug of the state.

PHXConx said:

how bout instead of percentages which can be vastly miseading how bout you just look at the numbers 

http://useconomy.about.com/od/usdebtanddeficit/a/National-Debt-by-Year.htm

also are you really defending an increase of the national debt from 11.9 trillion to 16.9 trillion?  i mean seriously?  
why of course he is, he is after all a disciple of the great Messiah Obama who does no wrong.

in reality he hasn't done anything of merit since he's been in there and now they are break neck to get on the Hilliary band wagon when she may be even less qualified for the job than obama was.

Latest posts