Pay Raises

Actually, yes, it does matter. Specifically that it's in writing in a CBA.
No they didn't.

So, no union employee took any kind of cut since 9/11 ? Or is it that they did, but it was done in writing ? :blink:

So, no union employee took any kind of cut since 9/11 ? Or is it that they did, but it was done in writing ? :blink:
Every airline has taken some form of cut, including layoffs, benefits, and compensation. But DL seems to have taken the worst. Prior to 9-11, DL was top pay (remember top pay for top performance?) According to the DL 2009 pay chart, the bottom 3 were USAir, NWA, and DL. DL took the biggest fall, not to mention being experimental lab rats with big bucket, small bucket sick-time. It was finally determined that you went from 7 weeks renewable sick-time to only 42sick hours per year. Let's not even start on the lop-sided vacation policy!

It seems as if DL's policies on benefits and compensation had been written on an etch-a-sketch!

btw, even the bk Judge Prudence Carter-Beatty looked at the non-union DL employees position as pathetic.

It seems as if DL's policies on benefits and compensation had been written on an etch-a-sketch!
An Etch-a-Sketch is perfect for writing promises about pay and benefits. One quick shake and the promises all disappear! You made some very good points, 2BlacknBlue.

So please explain the difference between Delta's etch-a-sketch and a written contract that is subject to cuts , besides going on strike, which didn't work out to well for NW mechs, please ?

So please explain the difference between Delta's etch-a-sketch and a written contract that is subject to cuts , besides going on strike, which didn't work out to well for NW mechs, please ?
It takes a bankruptcy or job action to change it.

Liken it to your mortgage company increasing your interest rate from 6% to 12% overnight because they thought it would benefit the company.

You would go to them and tell them "I have a contract"? You cannot do that!

Or would you? As long as the mortgage company is doing better, why not?

I am sure you can spare the extra $$$

It takes a bankruptcy or job action to change it.

Liken it to your mortgage company increasing your interest rate from 6% to 12% overnight because they thought it would benefit the company.

You would go to them and tell them "I have a contract"? You cannot do that!

Or would you? As long as the mortgage company is doing better, why not?

I am sure you can spare the extra $$$

Did AA file for bankruptcy recently, because I overheard they took some cuts in the past?

Job action?............please explain.

See reply #39. When NW agreed not to outsource 40 stations, they were bound to that promise by the CBA. When DL promised in writing that mainline staff would handle the entire operation in the referenced stations, well, that "promise" appears to have Gone With The Wind.

Did AA file for bankruptcy recently, because I overheard they took some cuts in the past?
Keep in mind that all AA customer service and reservations agents are non-union. That's why they can easily have pay and benefit cuts forced on them with no recourse.

As far as AA, my understanding was Unionized Mechanics took cuts ! :blink:

AA's represented workgroups (pilots, FAs, mechanics and fleet) took cuts of $1.62 billion a year in 2003; management, support staff and non-union agents contributed another $180 million for a total of $1.8 billion annually.

Job action?............please explain.

Well, while you were eavesdropping, maybe you should've listened closer. If you had, you'd have heard the part where they VOTED on a T/A to take those cuts.

N E G O T I A T E D, not imposed

You can paint it whatever color you choose but a pay-cut is a pay-cut is a pay-cut !

So they took cuts, just like non-union peeps, except they paid union dues to take them ? :shock:

Latest posts

Back