Please,,,Do Not Follow United's Bag Fees

If US follows UA, that will be one perk to stay elite with US, as long as they waive the fees for us.

If US follows UA, that will be one perk to stay elite with US, as long as they waive the fees for us.

Delta also recently raised their second bag charge to $50, although they are the only legacy airline who does not currently charge for the first bag.

Delta also recently raised their second bag charge to $50, although they are the only legacy airline who does not currently charge for the first bag.

Still a better deal...and I will be Gold Medallion, too! I think I should just attain Silver on everyone to avoid the fees.

i agree , it would be a BAD idea to follow united ... the public see's oil now BELOW 100 dollars a barrel .... their going to look at any airline that keeps adding fee's as the ENEMY now ..... the public is ready to blow up on someone ..... united might have gotten away with raising the fee's but raising fee's is now a game of russian routtlet .... just because they pulled the trigger and nothing came out doesn't mean it won't happen to us ....

Play it safe , wait on the bottom ....

Play it safe , wait on the bottom ....

US indeed is at the bottom.

Spoke to a US Gold who recently traveled and was charged the baggage fee even though he was Gold. He said the ticketing agent in PHL was rude and said EVERYONE gets charged, there are no exceptions. He also commented that the US people at MCO and PHL seemed very unhappy to be working at US. I said, of course they are, US sucks.

Now that there are bag fees Airlines can start toying with prices to actualy get the demandand/revenue just right. You could charge enough on purpose to eliminate seconds bag almost entirely if the weight savings was worth more then the bag revenue.
Not sure what United is trying to do here, discourage second bags or test the publics willingness to pay.

You guys are so pathetic!!! Do you ever take a look at your paycheck?? It is not like these passengers, who pay under $200 for a plane ticket, are furnishing you a lavish salary - eh?? Who the he!! cares if they charge them $1,000 dollars... NOT ME!!! I tell you, it amazes me when employees say " oh i can't believe we dont serve pretzels anymore " ETC ETC.. Who cares, i don't want to pass out the stupid things anyway... Get over it people, if you want a job, then they need to charge away... The American public have a bad perception of reality.. Everyone thinks you can get something for nothing.. WRONG... Charge how much it takes and get the money one way or the other or don't haul their fat butts anywhere...

You guys are so pathetic!!! Do you ever take a look at your paycheck?? It is not like these passengers, who pay under $200 for a plane ticket, are furnishing you a lavish salary - eh??

HAY GURL! You are right on point and exactly right. your management is setting a great example. don't revolt. screw the passengers. show them who is boss. show your self some respect and treat the pax exactly how they paid to be treated.

HAY GURL! You are right on point and exactly right. your management is setting a great example. don't revolt. screw the passengers. show them who is boss. show your self some respect and treat the pax exactly how they paid to be treated.

So, you think the passengers are getting screwed?? They don't pay enough money to pay for the gas it costs to fly their fat butt around much less their baggage underneath.. I assure you, the passengers have had a free ride way to long.. this isn't PanAm or TWA anymore, those days are gone.. Pay for the services... Its not like you go to a restaurant and expect to get free apps and drinks do you? Please, I say charge for everything, and i wish like hell UAL would start charging for drinks as well, that way i dont have to pour these crazy peeps, a coffee, and an OJ, and a Water... I would just say that will be 6 dollars please and they would change their mind real fast... NEXT!!!!

i wish like hell UAL would start charging for drinks as well, that way i dont have to pour these crazy peeps, a coffee, and an OJ, and a Water... I would just say that will be 6 dollars please and they would change their mind real fast... NEXT!!!!
Mr. Blockholder States------> Exaclley! All You people flying on the miles you got for FREE should at least be paying for something!

This paying for cokes is great beacause NOW I can sit on the jumpseat and read magazines.

only Stating opinnions.

Passengers do not set the fares, the company does. If they are not earning enough to cover the gas to haul my NOT fat butt around, then the fares should be higher.

I have and will continue to vote with my purse and will fly the carrier that offers me the the best VALUE for my money, not necessarily the lowest fare.

And I so wish I could find a $200 airfare! I can tell you I pay way more than that per trip.

So, you think the passengers are getting screwed?? They don't pay enough money to pay for the gas it costs to fly their fat butt around much less their baggage underneath.. I assure you, the passengers have had a free ride way to long.. this isn't PanAm or TWA anymore, those days are gone.. Pay for the services... Its not like you go to a restaurant and expect to get free apps and drinks do you? Please, I say charge for everything, and i wish like hell UAL would start charging for drinks as well, that way i dont have to pour these crazy peeps, a coffee, and an OJ, and a Water... I would just say that will be 6 dollars please and they would change their mind real fast... NEXT!!!!

So let me get this right - you are defending the Mgt. of a company that knowingly charges less for their product than it costs to deliver to the consumer? And somehow you see that as the fault of the consumer? Gee - next time I make a reservation I'll be sure to ask how much my share of the fuel is to fly the plane so that I am sure I am paying the airline enough so that I "don't get a free ride".

So let me get this right - you are defending the Mgt. of a company that knowingly charges less for their product than it costs to deliver to the consumer? And somehow you see that as the fault of the consumer? Gee - next time I make a reservation I'll be sure to ask how much my share of the fuel is to fly the plane so that I am sure I am paying the airline enough so that I "don't get a free ride".

Well, if you knew what you were talking about - then you would know that mgmt., doesnt really set the fares for the company either... It is the market that sets the prices, and right now we have multiple carriers in the U.S. competing on the same routes, therefore, even if you want to you can't raise fares unless all of them do it.. Now you have others paying less for fuel at this time, aka. SWA, which we see is going to end in the future, and then you will see airfare increases.. Until then, no matter how much the company wants to increase fares, they cant... Otherwise, if that was the solution you would see all airlines immediately take a hike in fares..
you see in the U.S. you have a deregulated industry.. This is what our ridiculous govt. has dealt us with.. And soon, if we get McCain in office, you will not even see Americans flying our routes.. you will have all third world country foreigners doing it.. If it goes to phase 3 of open skies we can all kiss our jobs buh-bye.. Americans are way toooo greedy and want something for nothing.. It's a shame!!

Back