Please,,,Do Not Follow United's Bag Fees

Americans are way toooo greedy and want something for nothing.. It's a shame!!

HAY GURL! I agree with you 100 bazillion cabillion percent. I have no idea why those pax are complaining when they only paid $1000 to sit in Y from PHL-BOS. It is plane rediculus.

We gotta do something to get rid of these CUSTOMERS. They burn fuel, want service, mess up our sparkling clean planes and are a general pain in the rear.

Whatever it takes, raising fees, losing bags, raw sewage running down the aisles. We can do it.

This would be such a great place to work without customers.

We gotta do something to get rid of these CUSTOMERS. They burn fuel, want service, mess up our sparkling clean planes and are a general pain in the rear.

Whatever it takes, raising fees, losing bags, raw sewage running down the aisles. We can do it.

This would be such a great place to work without customers.

:up: It would appear US Airways already has the advantage over the other carriers! We're gone or almost gone!

well, the planes are still full, the snacks and drinks are still selling, the baggage compt. is full, so, even with the equip looking so bad, employees misrable and over worked, fuel costs rising again, the stock is stable or rising....go figure......and if you really are so upset and P.O.'d at LCC mgnt, why oh why is this board always soooooooo busy????? Shouldnt you be over at anyone else's board giving allocades and praises for their customer care, and let LCC wither up and blow away....oh yeah, what i said in the beginning of this little ditribe, full ships and all...lol

well, the planes are still full, the snacks and drinks are still selling, the baggage compt. is full, so, even with the equip looking so bad, employees misrable and over worked, fuel costs rising again, the stock is stable or rising....go figure......and if you really are so upset and P.O.'d at LCC mgnt, why oh why is this board always soooooooo busy????? Shouldnt you be over at anyone else's board giving allocades and praises for their customer care, and let LCC wither up and blow away....oh yeah, what i said in the beginning of this little ditribe, full ships and all...lol

You go gUrL! Everyone is giving allocades to CO and AA...what makes them so special? Clean Planes? Real First Class? Better treatment of premium/elite customers? Better in-flight entertainment? Better clubs? What's the fuss? It is plane rediculus. US is obviously filling their flights with customers, so they must be doing something right because everyone who is anyone knows that full planes = $$$$$$$. That's why WN is doing so bad--their planes are half empty like the glasses of most people who post on here.

Well, if you knew what you were talking about - then you would know that mgmt., doesnt really set the fares for the company either... It is the market that sets the prices, and right now we have multiple carriers in the U.S. competing on the same routes, therefore, even if you want to you can't raise fares unless all of them do it.. Now you have others paying less for fuel at this time, aka. SWA, which we see is going to end in the future, and then you will see airfare increases.. Until then, no matter how much the company wants to increase fares, they cant... Otherwise, if that was the solution you would see all airlines immediately take a hike in fares..
you see in the U.S. you have a deregulated industry.. This is what our ridiculous govt. has dealt us with.. And soon, if we get McCain in office, you will not even see Americans flying our routes.. you will have all third world country foreigners doing it.. If it goes to phase 3 of open skies we can all kiss our jobs buh-bye.. Americans are way toooo greedy and want something for nothing.. It's a shame!!

Whoever sets the fares - it still isn't the fault of the customer. At the end of the day - the Mgt. of a company has decided to sell their product for less than it costs them - either they figure they take a loss for awhile until the other guy goes out of business first and then they can raise prices - or they are just stupid. If they can't turn a profit - then why stay in business?

Oh wait - I forgot - all of the employees of US would not have any customers to blame things on if they decided to close up shop. There you go - that's why they keep flying - to give the employees of US something to complain about! See - Mgt. IS looking out for you after all.

Whoever sets the fares - it still isn't the fault of the customer. At the end of the day - the Mgt. of a company has decided to sell their product for less than it costs them - either they figure they take a loss for awhile until the other guy goes out of business first and then they can raise prices - or they are just stupid. If they can't turn a profit - then why stay in business?

Oh wait - I forgot - all of the employees of US would not have any customers to blame things on if they decided to close up shop. There you go - that's why they keep flying - to give the employees of US something to complain about! See - Mgt. IS looking out for you after all.

no wonder our country is in the shape it is in.... BTW - I don't work for US ....

It is nobody’s fault it is economics.

The airlines can charge low fares and loose money or raise fares and go out of business because 75% of the public will not fly at a price that will entail a steady profit.

But for both the pax and the employees comparing things to 2, 5, 10 even 20 years ago will just make everyone miserable.

BTW - I don't work for US ....

Ahhh, now why'd you have to go and do that? All the usual US haters were just getting warmed up to give it to that mean US employee with both barrels.... :ph34r:

On subject- I dont think doubling the fee to $50 is a good idea. Maybe up to $30 or so, but $50 is a little outrageous IMO.

Maybe cheap Canadians (and believe me they are cheap) didn't pay the fee so they are ending it but using that as a excuse to make a Grand Public Statement. It might not be related to the price of Oil at all.

Maybe cheap Canadians (and believe me they are cheap) didn't pay the fee so they are ending it but using that as a excuse to make a Grand Public Statement. It might not be related to the price of Oil at all.

Jeez, you are offensive and don't even realize it.....calling Canadians cheap is biased, offensive, rude and bigoted......not surprising coming from you

calling Canadians cheap is biased, offensive, rude and bigoted

:rolleyes: Well, from a 2nd generation removed Canadian (with many relatives still there), I can vouch that while all Canadians are not cheap, its not that far of a stretch..... :ph34r:

Back