Political Correctness rewriting our history?

Insp4

Veteran
May 27, 2016
We took a road trip a while back. Visited an Army Base that had a war museum. Had static displays of all the wars from Revolutionary  War, through the gulf wars. Had a nice diorama of Union soldiers in uniform for Civil War. German soldiers in uniform, and flags, WWI, and WWII. North Vietnamese in uniform and viet cong and north Vietnamese flags. But one thing struke me. There was nothing related to the South. No Confederate flag, uniform, nothing. So I asked the attendant at the enterance if this was deliberate? Was this do to political correctness? He just gave me a guilty look and said, " no comment!" I asked a second time and got the same answeer. ...... I'm sorry but even if you disaree with what  they stood for, it did happen!  like it or not, it is a part of our history. And no, this was not at the same museum.
13528831_664727670341140_2344842512956471706_n.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Dog Wonder said:
I was tired of the same mindless moaning I do about political correctness, so I cut and pasted some stuff some one else made up.
And your ever indulgence of bitter brown bread by the ton.

Dog Wonder said:
I was tired of the same mindless moaning I do about political correctness, so I cut and pasted some stuff some one else made up.
O.K. Dog, try Fort Dodge, Iowa. That's if you have a life away from this forum. Or is this forum your life?

Dog Wonder said:
No Army base there, nice try while wasting your Saturday night here.
Oh, I wouldn't worry your pea picken mind about it too much Dog. But you are correct. It's not Fort Dodge today. It was called that at one time. Today it's called Camp Dodge. And you're right. It's no longer a Army base, it's a National Guard Base. But in my mind, that of an old Navy man, it's just about the same thing...... My bad!

Insp4 said:
Oh, I wouldn't worry your pea picken mind about it too much Dog. But you are correct. It's not Fort Dodge today. It was called that at one time. Today it's called Camp Dodge. And you're right. It's no longer a Army base, it's a National Guard Base. But in my mind, that of an old Navy man, it's just about the same thing...... My bad!
You're not going to get an intelligent debate with resident wondertroll. He has a history of useless one liners and racist bigoted comments. Any when triggered goes crying for help.

Reactions: 2 people
townpete said:
You're not going to get an intelligent debate with resident wondertroll. He has a history of useless one liners and racist bigoted comments. Any when triggered goes crying for help.
Intelligent debate requires two sides.

Reactions: 3 people
townpete said:
And your ever indulgence of bitter brown bread by the ton.
townpete said:
Insp4 said:
Look who's talking.
In a thread started by a disproved bogus post, you offer these gems of genius.

Insp4 said:
We took a road trip a while back. Visited an Army Base that had a war museum. Had static displays of all the wars from Revolutionary  War, through the gulf wars. Had a nice diorama of Union soldiers in uniform for Civil War. German soldiers in uniform, and flags, WWI, and WWII. North Vietnamese in uniform and viet cong and north Vietnamese flags. But one thing struke me. There was nothing related to the South. No Confederate flag, uniform, nothing. So I asked the attendant at the enterance if this was deliberate? Was this do to political correctness? He just gave me a guilty look and said, " no comment!" I asked a second time and got the same answeer. ...... I'm sorry but even if you disaree with what  they stood for, it did happen!  like it or not, it is a part of our history. And no, this was not at the same museum.
13528831_664727670341140_2344842512956471706_n.jpg
Ahh, the good old days where you can freely hang someone.
Let the south rise again... :LOL:

xUT said:
Ahh, the good old days where you can freely hang someone.
Let the south rise again... :lol:
Again I'll state, weather you like what they stood for , or not, it did happened. And weather you like it, or not, it is part of our history!

Reactions: 2 people