Political Correctness rewriting our history?

Insp4 said:
Again I'll state, weather you like what they stood for , or not, it did happened. And weather you like it, or not, it is part of our history!
Not for the easily triggered.

Dog Wonder said:
Another gem.
Obviously triggered

giphy.gif

Insp4 said:
Again I'll state, weather you like what they stood for , or not, it did happened. And weather you like it, or not, it is part of our history!
Libtardo's excel at whitewashing history. If it triggers them, then it must be erased from history.

Insp4 said:
We took a road trip a while back. Visited an Army Base that had a war museum. Had static displays of all the wars from Revolutionary  War, through the gulf wars. Had a nice diorama of Union soldiers in uniform for Civil War. German soldiers in uniform, and flags, WWI, and WWII. North Vietnamese in uniform and viet cong and north Vietnamese flags. But one thing struke me. There was nothing related to the South. No Confederate flag, uniform, nothing. So I asked the attendant at the enterance if this was deliberate? Was this do to political correctness? He just gave me a guilty look and said, " no comment!" I asked a second time and got the same answeer. ...... I'm sorry but even if you disaree with what  they stood for, it did happen!  like it or not, it is a part of our history. And no, this was not at the same museum.
13528831_664727670341140_2344842512956471706_n.jpg

Just a quick question...but I am imagining that the Germans and Japanese that were in uniform were also cited as our "enemies".....or was this display saying "the brave Japanese soldiers continued the march to Bataan despite the stifiling heat"?   I was born and raised in the south, but if you want a military display to include the Confederate soldiers and memorabilia, please be sure to also remind those viewing the display that the "rebels" were fighting AGAINST the military of the "United States"...thus making them an enemy.   We wouldn't want to rewrite history....would we now?  

KCFlyer said:

Just a quick question...but I am imagining that the Germans and Japanese that were in uniform were also cited as our "enemies".....or was this display saying "the brave Japanese soldiers continued the march to Bataan despite the stifiling heat"?   I was born and raised in the south, but if you want a military display to include the Confederate soldiers and memorabilia, please be sure to also remind those viewing the display that the "rebels" were fighting AGAINST the military of the "United States"...thus making them an enemy.   We wouldn't want to rewrite history....would we now?  

So the Bear was right about them Southerners?

delldude said:

So the Bear was right about them Southerners?

IT seems to me that the outrage is that the confederate flag and uniform weren't displayed.  I am all for putting a confederate flag in a US Military museum...right next to the Nazi swastika and the Japanese rising sun...so long as the display is called "flags of our enemies".     Would that make everybody happy?  Or should we have a separate part of the museum dedicated to "views of our enemies"?   Personally, as someone raised in the south, I'd be pretty relieved that "the signature of the south" wasn't being displayed next to swastikas and rising suns...but if that's what trips your trigger...

However,  I think those that are outraged might have that flag displayed on the front of their trucks with "The south will rise again" under it.  And they might not appreciate the "history" that the flag played in the "history" of the United States.  Instead, they would want it to hold a place of honor in the history of the United States.  

KCFlyer said:

IT seems to me that the outrage is that the confederate flag and uniform weren't displayed.  I am all for putting a confederate flag in a US Military museum...right next to the Nazi swastika and the Japanese rising sun...so long as the display is called "flags of our enemies".     Would that make everybody happy?  Or should we have a separate part of the museum dedicated to "views of our enemies"?   Personally, as someone raised in the south, I'd be pretty relieved that "the signature of the south" wasn't being displayed next to swastikas and rising suns...but if that's what trips your trigger...

However,  I think those that are outraged might have that flag displayed on the front of their trucks with "The south will rise again" under it.  And they might not appreciate the "history" that the flag played in the "history" of the United States.  Instead, they would want it to hold a place of honor in the history of the United States.  
13619930_1223660837685565_1115135786061410221_n.jpg

Insp4 said:

If the display is in a UNITED STATES military museum, should they be honoring those that fought in the war of northern aggression?   Seems we are very touchy on the rebel flag's place in the history of the United States.  Some seem to feel that it represents "our herigage".  At the time, they were an enemy...do we fly the flags of any other enemy over state capitols?  Should we fly the swastika over Idaho, since so many neo Nazi's seem to live there and it's just "their heritage"?    Like I said...I have no problem with displaying the confederate flag in a US Military museum.  Just make sure we don't rewrite history and make sure that it is noted that it is the flag of an enemy of the United States.  

Back