Political Correctness rewriting our history?

I got a pretty good idea its a vast majority of the leftist PC crowd who wants to make our past, good or bad, go away.

Our history as a nation is dwindling as a subject in our schools. All those 'funny' on street interviews by Watters, Crowder and a few others show how sad it is students in a lot of cases haven't a clue of history here since we landed at Plymouth Rock.

As a nation, we should be very concerned what goes on in classrooms.

Face it, its who we are, where we came from and how we grew as a nation.

KCFlyer said:

If the display is in a UNITED STATES military museum, should they be honoring those that fought in the war of northern aggression?   Seems we are very touchy on the rebel flag's place in the history of the United States.  Some seem to feel that it represents "our herigage".  At the time, they were an enemy...do we fly the flags of any other enemy over state capitols?  Should we fly the swastika over Idaho, since so many neo Nazi's seem to live there and it's just "their heritage"?    Like I said...I have no problem with displaying the confederate flag in a US Military museum.  Just make sure we don't rewrite history and make sure that it is noted that it is the flag of an enemy of the United States.  
O.K. KC, let's look at the facts here. I know you Democrats don't like the truth. But here it is!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wz_0utCrm0

delldude said:
I got a pretty good idea its a vast majority of the leftist PC crowd who wants to make our past, good or bad, go away.

Our history as a nation is dwindling as a subject in our schools. All those 'funny' on street interviews by Watters, Crowder and a few others show how sad it is students in a lot of cases haven't a clue of history here since we landed at Plymouth Rock.

We should absolutely be concerned about what goes on in schools, and it should be on our minds every time someone on the far right wants to cut funding for education...

OgieJFK said:
eQ56MaC.gif

This sums up the collective outrage by those on the left here.

Insp4 said:
O.K. KC, let's look at the facts here. I know you Democrats don't like the truth. But here it is!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wz_0utCrm0

Yes...it's a well known fact that prior to a certain act of 1964, the south was overwhelmingly racist and overwhelmingly democrat.  Today the south is overwhelmingly republican, but "I am not a racist".   And Kudos to the republican party for being able to get so many of those former redneck racist democrats to see the light and vote for the civil rights act.  The republicans have been at the forefront of the civil rights movement since the days of Lincoln, and it is refreshing as hell to see how downright progressive so many Southern red states like Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia have become when it gets down to civil rights.  

delldude said:

Oh...I don't dispute that.  The problem is that many of the enlightened republicans in the south....the ones who fought so hard in the civil rights movement, still have some strong feelings that the confederate flag and confederate army should somehow be CELEBRATED.  If you put the stars and bars in a display next to a swastika and called the display "flags of our enemies"...these same good republicans who fought so hard for the rights of black people would be OUTRAGED.  That flag is our HISTORY and as such, it should be flown over state capitol buildings in every one of the states that fought against the union in the war of northern aggression.    Our forefathers fought and died (and ultimately lost) for that flag.  And therefore it should be celebrated.  Or so I've heard. 

Kev3188 said:
We should absolutely be concerned about what goes on in schools, and it should be on our minds every time someone on the far right wants to cut funding for education...

Dog Wonder said:
The truth is your original post was bogus, and it went downhill from there.
Truth is you're full of it. Normally I don't give out exact locations, but my original post referred to this museum at Camp Dodge in Iowa. http://www.iowanationalguard.com/History/Museum/Pages/home.aspx ..... Now, tell me again it's bogus.

Insp4 said:

Truth is you're full of it. Normally I don't give out exact locations, but my original post referred to this museum at Camp Dodge in Iowa. http://www.iowanationalguard.com/History/Museum/Pages/home.aspx ..... Now, tell me again it's bogus.

Okay....It's not bogus.  Should the stars and bars be displayed as an enemy in our countries history....or should it be displayed to honor the brave men who fought against the United States?  

Back