Political Correctness rewriting our history?

48868459.cached.jpg

Insp4 said:
Yo[re not suggesting they all are racists just because they vote Republican are you?........ Or, are you?
Where have you been? Anyone that disagrees with them on any given issue are racists. Don't you know that by now?

Zom JFK said:
Where have you been? Anyone that disagrees with them on any given issue are racists. Don't you know that by now?
That would be southwind's M.O.

KCFlyer said:
That still wouldn't explain such a wide margin of victory for republicans,  You ever live in the south?   Love the place, but there it's still pretty racist.
Liberals say people shouldn't judge the acts of some on others.

Then they paint everyone from the south as racists.

Bill Vestrup said:
Liberals say people shouldn't judge the acts of some on others.

Then they paint everyone from the south as racists.

Some liberals might do that Bill, but I was born in the south and spent the first 35 years of my life there.  And I never said "everyone" anywhere.  

But it's a fact that racism still exists -in the south as well as the north.  But something happened in the 60's and the south went from predominantly democrat to predominantly republican.   And many on the right find it difficult to believe that those racist democrats may have switched parties....or if they do admit they switched parties, it was because they were disillusioned with the democrats who represented them in Congress opposing the Civil Rights Act of 1964.   I think that act played a role...but I'm not sold of the fact that it was disillusionment with democratic opposition.  

KCFlyer said:

Some liberals might do that Bill, but I was born in the south and spent the first 35 years of my life there.  And I never said "everyone" anywhere.  

But it's a fact that racism still exists -in the south as well as the north.  But something happened in the 60's and the south went from predominantly democrat to predominantly republican.   And many on the right find it difficult to believe that those racist democrats may have switched parties....or if they do admit they switched parties, it was because they were disillusioned with the democrats who represented them in Congress opposing the Civil Rights Act of 1964.   I think that act played a role...but I'm not sold of the fact that it was disillusionment with democratic opposition.  

I don't believe any of your fanciful stories.

Reactions: 1 person
KCFlyer said:

Try their own party leaving them in the dirt with the southern  dems embracing     desegregation.